Why does eXT VST not play from song pointer position

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a curious issue I have just noticed in my new setup when using energyXT (which I use to run a MIDI Click Track and Audio Backing Tracks in Forte).

Previously, when rehearsing, I would need to turn off "External Sync" within energyXT to allow me to playback from somewhere in the middle of a song by positioning the ""Song Position Pointer" at for example bar 38 (Chorus) then use eXT's Transport functions and the song would play from there. I would also have Forte's Transport stopped.

Now, however, when I use this approach the song ALWAYS ONLY plays from the start (bar 0). Thats not strictly true - If I stop then press play again, the song with continue from where it stopped but if I position the pointer (forwards or backwards) then press play - the song plays from the start.

I am using Forte Build 3.2 build 20.3080 and energyXT 2.6 in my new build laptop however the function still works with energyXT 2.5.3

It looks as though this is a eXT issue. I don't think I have a version of eXT to try going back a version... This ONLY happens using the VST version hosted in Forte. When used as standalone its fine! Is there a fix or a link to the old version?

I guess you are in marker-mode? If so, you should delete the marker and / or close the marker-track.

Hey there fanta1. Thanks for the reply. I don't think I'm in marker mode - no markers added and marker track closed. This would actually be a useful feature to use when rehearsing but the problem is regardless of where I put the position pointer pressing play always starts the track from the very first beat of the very first bar... Just can't think of any reason why unless its a bug introduced by 2.6 (alas I don't have 2.5.3 VST anymore to test on new build). I'm at a complete loss at the moment >.<

Unfortunately Jorgen deleted all older versions from his site.

It sounds weird but: Try to move the clip some bars rightwards. Does it then play from the first bar or from the beginning of the clip?

Just to localize the problem...

Shame about the old versions... I tried moving the clips rightwards but get the same affect. I have also noticed that I can't change the tempo (even with External Sync Off) and the tempo will still react to External changes (in the host) so I'm wondering whether the VST is not "unhooking" properly from the host when UN-ticking External Sync!

Thanks for the suggestions so far... Hoping to get this sorted :)

Hi guys... Any other ideas?

Hi again... I'm more and more convinced the bug is with eXT V2.6 not correctly disconnecting from the host when "External Sync" is UN-ticked but could either do with some help to debug (what things should I do to find where the problem is)? Hope someone can help... Its not a deal-breaker but its a little frustrating when we rehearse and we can't just run from the chorus (will only play from start)... Thanks in advance!

Return to “energyXT”