Is there anyone posting here that actually enjoys using energyxt?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can understand and sympathise with the concerns everyone voices here. Energy is plainly and simply falling behind the rest of the pack. Feature requests go ignored on the home site and Jorgen is clearly on holiday with Lord Lucan. I love Energy and use it as my only serious tool for composition and improvisation but it is rapidly becoming an antique. The user base needs some reassurance that Jorgen still has comittment to Energy and its future.
The V3 beta is cranky and crash prone with no evidence that anyone in the company cares or is listening to users.
Time for a wake up. How long does this company think we will continue to put up with this level of support and communication?

I doubt if Jorgen has made any serious money from EnergyXT - and so has no real incentive to carry on - his tie up with Behringer probably caused more harm than benefit - causing the program to be shunned by serious musicians.
I have tried my best to recommend Ext to my muso friends - but as with most things in modern life - most people go for the "brand names" - none of which I would give house room to.

Personally I've never found anything that comes close to Ext - the more alternatives I try the more I appreciate it's brilliance -
I will continue to use it on a daily basis - and hope that one day Jorgen will get the recognition he truly deserves.
Cheers

Mick

I think you severly underestimate the amount of money that you make from licence tie ins like the Behringer deal, lets not kid ourselves that Behringer harmed XT in some way, in fact he only started doing new releases after Behringer dumped XT in favour of Tracktion.
The hilarious thing is the "Behringer are making him do slow updates" brigade who where around, no longer can say anything because Tracktion is updated rather rapidly and still licencsed by Behringer.
A more likely scenario is that he made enough off the Behringer deal to not really give a damn about XT anymore and now it is just something he does when he fancies doing a bit of coding, this would also explain the lack of interest in users and anything they have to say, if he had indeed got destroyed by Behringer, he would be doing everything he could to get his userbase back to where it once was (One of the strongest around)
Duh

ok - maybe that's it - but either way it's in a deep rut and needs a good push out somehow - which at the moment seems unlikely
Cheers

Mick

Marquis wrote:Energy is plainly and simply falling behind the rest of the pack.
if falling behind the pack means not jumping on the sample library instrument bandwagon that
eats your 500gb HD, and forces you to move to x64 to support the ram they require, then i say EXT2 is ahead of the pack. it is lightweight, needs no installing, has the tools to manipulate midi and audio just the way i like, has the modular environment i simply love.
i am only limited by my own creativity with it. it has achieved maximum electronic music creation power
without all the bloated, complicated BS of other daws of today.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
if falling behind the pack means not jumping on the sample library instrument bandwagon that
eats your 500gb HD, and forces you to move to x64 to support the ram they require, then i say EXT2 is ahead of the pack. it is lightweight, needs no installing, has the tools to manipulate midi and audio just the way i like, has the modular environment i simply love.
i am only limited by my own creativity with it. it has achieved maximum electronic music creation power
+1 :tu:

layzer wrote:
Now all it needs to do is work.

maybe if you wave a broken off beer bottle in front of its face it will be more cooperative.

sod work, let's play, hippies!

even better, let's have a thread for all of my friends so that someone can come in and enjoy saying nasty things about somehting the rest of us like!

i'll make a cake, you can pee right on it, then we'll all be happy doing what we do best :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

but definately, never ever suspect the cretin patrol for taking a patrol around and crapping on all your nice cakes,

no one likes someone who sees the secret masters who like to crap on cakes all over the place.

amused... over a decade of never saying anything nice about me :tu: or probably, even making an effort to avoid speakign directly at or about me or acknowledging anything ever :) that would be bad with his Brethren.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

You certainly have an odd taste in cakes...
Sweet child in time...

well i eat a lot of shit. especially round here. go read that thread about the masons.

aMUSEd wrote:
layzer wrote:
the latest 3.0 beta is buggy with multi out vsts, but the 2.7 final version
is working stable on both my PC and notebook. cant remember the last time
it froze or crashed. i always choose intel cpus and chipsets on my music systems
perhaps it is not as stable on AMD systems, i dont know.

layzer wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
layzer wrote:
the latest 3.0 beta is buggy with multi out vsts...
I wish that was all it was - this is what it takes to get it to even open for me:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5646041/Extasy.m4v

aMUSEd wrote:[

I wish that was all it was - this is what it takes to get it to even open for me:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5646041/Extasy.m4v
ahhh i see, you run the Mac version. long long ago, EnergyXT was known as Massiva for win only.
i think it remains partial to windows dispite the Mac and Linux spinoffs. many people feel
jorgen should not have bothered with other platforms and instead focus all his energy
perfecting EXT for windows. if i were you, i would stick to the DAWS that are most
popular with Macs.

What utter garbage, dont try and invent history, some of us used and still own Massiva, it was called Massiva because it was Massiva, EnergyXT was an entirely different application that in its v1 guise was written in Delphi and was not some kind of Massiva extension or new version, an entirely different unrelated and working in a completely different way application, v2 onwards was no longer written in Delphi and that is when it went multi platform.
Jorgen is many things but do not underestimate his abilities when he wants to pull his finger out, linux spinoff hahaha, you do realise that the windows was release was a port of the linux version, erm yes v2 and up was developed in linux first lol

There is some garbage spouted around here about XT its history and its developer, and most of it is from the so called fans !!

Some of us are actual fans of EXTs legacy and dont just blow smoke up it to be the rebel without a cause.
Duh

Return to “energyXT”