When did you begin making computer music?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Personally, I began in the beginning of 1999 with an Evolution sequencer and a SBLive fed with soundfonts. Then in the beginning of 2001 I discovered the VSTi stuff and that was my downfall (addiction, money loss, lack of time for other things, etc.). :D

Btw., this topic is only for men, women please don´t answer :!: :wink: :D :lol:
Andreas (I presume my forefathers were apes)

Image Listen to some Monkey-Music

When did you begin making computer music?
When the Cubase VST 3.7 update was released. 8)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33 GHz 3 GB WinXP Home SP3 / Cubase 5 (5.5.0 Build 602) / Creamware Luna (Scope 5.0.2603) / M-Audio Axiom 25 (4.2.0.3v4) / NI Maschine (1.6.0 R6516) / Behringer BCF2000 (V1.2.1.3)/KRK VXT4

http://soundcloud.com/lotuz

MusicX on my Amiga 500 (with the half meg RAM upgrade!) :lol:

edit: or was it Bars and Pipes... :?
Last edited by cold c on Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1991 as a computer music major. Worked on Mac and PC - in DOS! :lol:

My how things have changed
Reviews http://www.musicfaq.net
Selected tracks from new album TRAUMA :
http://netnewmusic.ning.com/profile/BSatinover

I guess I first started using computers for creating music using Octamed on the Amiga back in about 1992.

.....or would making beeps on the Spectrum count :D

I remember this wicked plug in thing for the Amiga that you plugged into the serial port and then you could do real time stuff to your voice, like make yourself sound like a chipmunk or something!! It wasn't until the SBlive that you could do real-time stuff like that to audio on a PC....the program was a basic sample editor too. I remember making this cool jingle for a French project when I was at school using samples of my voice on it, with loads of strange effects.

....I miss the Amiga sometimes :)

Haven't been able to start yet. Too busy downloading plug-ins.

I discovered some trackers on c64 in 1989 but the first stuff that could really considered to be half enjoyable i made in 90-91 on an amiga 500.

r

huh, i started using vst's in spring 2002 :shock:

beep,61,314,10
beep,12,324,98
beep,18,16,45

etc etc... ;)

I started in the beginning of 1998 with "Scream Tracker 3" on MS-DOS :D
I discovered VST stuff last year, maybe some 6 months ago :oops:
psy-trance freak

Back in 1993. On 8088 with hand-made Covox and Scream Tracker. :)

On a pc about this time last year.

But I spent about 6 months making drumbeats with Specdrum in abut 1990.
Jesus was a ginner.

i started on a amiga 500 in 1990 and used a tracker
in 2003 i still use a tracker Psycle better that buzz
i used a lot of loops an made fast house music

http://psycle.pastnotecut.org/

OdO

AndreasEhrhardt wrote: Btw., this topic is only for men, women please don´t answer :!: :wink: :D :lol:

:P :P :P :P :D

september 2001 i got my first computer (mac) and cubase vst 5 :D

it was great, unpacking all those boxes :lol:

Damn, some of you've been at it awhile. I don't feel so bad, now (see appropriate poll I put up today).

I had heard of people doing computer music as far back as 2000, but I always equated computer music with blips and beeps ... :D Yes, I am admitting my ignorance ...

Anyway, after dealing with shitty band members (musically sound, but personalities clashed) for 2 years, I resigned myself to using a 4-track and doing everything myself. This was in 2001. In April of 2002, I answered an ad for a vocalist and stumbled across my first DAW setup. It was Acid 2, and I was very impressed with how easy and quick one could lay down tracks. In 4 hours, this guy Peter and I made a finished, 4-minute tune out of a distorted bassline and some vocals ...

I've been hooked since ... :P
Victims, aren't we all?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”