The bar for idiocy's been raised...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

D.O.N.G.L.E.

Device
Operation
Not
Guaranteed on
Love
Equipment

:lol:

fanfarecircuit wrote:furthermore, i would like to announce a hijacking of this thread.
Sorry :oops:

I'll try to correct that.

That Sinmad dude is.....is.....an idiot.....yeah.......that's what he is.....and.....and.....a bad person........yes a really bad person.......
No, that wasn't me.

Hey, can I write the code for validating Komplete Kare 2006 updates?

void ValidateKompleteKare2006Update(void)
{
// uncomment these lines once we actually ship a Komplete Kare 2006 update
// if (license == legitimate)
// {
// AllowThemToInstallSomething();
// }
// Haha, it's July already. Those customers have been PUNKED
return;
}

if he was smart he would have not made an issue about it, and just uninstalled the conflicting software, registered and then reinstalled the software again...

does NI have an office in London?
I'm just hoping that this guy'l go postal over there and this drama will be upgraded to "Irate Kore user goes on shooting rampage".. :x :x

analogsynthhead wrote:if he was smart he would have not made an issue about it, and just uninstalled the conflicting software, registered and then reinstalled the software again...
The whole problem there is that the KORE installer updates the NI plugins. Without them installed, he couldn't update the plugins.

ew
A spectral heretic...

bullshark wrote:This post made me look things up in NI land.

There's some asshole there screaming loudly that he actually wants iLok dongle with his product :roll:

I sure hope NI issue refunds if he gets his way and NI products gets dongled; as much as I like GPO I want no part of this.

And to the OP, yeah, this Sinmad guy is an idiot...but streets are full of idiots like that.
jees I know I'm gonna get hammered for this, but after a fresh install post crash I have to say that if all my stuff were on my ilok my life would of been a hell of a lot easier for me....I'm not saying I want all companies to use just ilok, but I wish more would offer it as an option for protection...after I re-installed the ilok drivers 5 pluggins were done just by copying them from my back-up drive...but again let me be clear, it should be an option, not your only choice, but if I could I would put everything I have on it :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

ew wrote:
analogsynthhead wrote:if he was smart he would have not made an issue about it, and just uninstalled the conflicting software, registered and then reinstalled the software again...
The whole problem there is that the KORE installer updates the NI plugins. Without them installed, he couldn't update the plugins.

ew
Or he would get a conflict everytime he updated..

Lagrange wrote:
ew wrote:

ew
Or he would get a conflict everytime he updated..
Yep...

ew
A spectral heretic...

knock knock

who's there

dongle

dongle who

don glued his penis to his neck! :lol:

just making sure the bar for idiocy has really been raised :hihi:

Hink wrote:

There's some asshole there screaming loudly that he actually wants iLok dongle with his product :roll:

I sure hope NI issue refunds if he gets his way and NI products gets dongled; as much as I like GPO I want no part of this.

And to the OP, yeah, this Sinmad guy is an idiot...but streets are full of idiots like that.
jees I know I'm gonna get hammered for this, but after a fresh install post crash I have to say that if all my stuff were on my ilok my life would of been a hell of a lot easier for me....I'm not saying I want all companies to use just ilok, but I wish more would offer it as an option for protection...after I re-installed the ilok drivers 5 pluggins were done just by copying them from my back-up drive...but again let me be clear, it should be an option, not your only choice, but if I could I would put everything I have on it :)
Oh, I have no quarrel with product who rely on dongle for their copy protection per se, as long as I know it before purchasing; I just won't buy it and maybe, if it's a product I really care for, let the vendor know why I didn't buy it. That's it.

And having the choice would be good; choices are always good.

My problem revolve around changing this after the fact, after I paid money for a license which I wouldn't have bought if it was dongled to begin with.

And I also have problem with ridiculous yapper who write to cry about a product copy protection scheme, and ask it to be changed, on the company forum no less, after they bought it; if they were not idiots, they would have known about the copy protection scheme it used before they bought the product, and moved on if it bothered them so much.
No, that wasn't me.

bullshark wrote:
Hink wrote:

Oh, I have no quarrel with product who rely on dongle for their copy protection per se, as long as I know it before purchasing; I just won't buy it and maybe, if it's a product I really care for, let the vendor know why I didn't buy it. That's it.

And having the choice would be good; choices are always good.

My problem revolve around changing this after the fact, after I paid money for a license which I wouldn't have bought if it was dongled to begin with.

And I also have problem with ridiculous yapper who write to cry about a product copy protection scheme, and ask it to be changed, on the company forum no less, after they bought it; if they were not idiots, they would have known about the copy protection scheme it used before they bought the product, and moved on if it bothered them so much.
yeah I can see that being aggravating...changing the rules in the middle of the game isn't very fair...but now that I do have ilok I wouldn't avoid anything that used it...but I would not buy something with a different dongle, that's for sure...too many dongles would be a nightmare...;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

ew wrote:From the KORE forum this morning...

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/forum_u ... hp?t=37820

:roll:

(Marius inserted his reply after I'd locked the thread...)

ew
Late to the party, I know..

..but somehow I feel a lot more intelligent after reading that thread! :-o
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

hmmm...

i see a few things here...
1. i feel like ew closed the thread at the ni forum alittle prematurely
2. then ew comes to kvr to open another thread to bash the guy...i don't see why the original thread couldn't just be kept open.
3. i'm still not sure what any installation of any other ni product has to do with the kore activation. they were not bought together, so i really feel like ni steps over their boundries in questioning those products. i mean, when my hp printer blows up, i don't demand hp to refund the printer, my desktop, my laptop, my bluetooth headset, everything hp just because one of their products goes bad. if it's not bought together with the same license, what right does ni have to peruse and judge the man's computer or software?

this is just what i'm seeing...i don't really need to make enemies here, as you guys all like ew and i don't have any personal problem with the guy...i'm just saying...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”