Rest in Peace, Arguru

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

6 years! Time flies :(
Jean-Marie Cannie @ Image-Line - FL Studio

it sure does Jean-Marie, how have you been?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Yes, time does indeed fly. I still miss Arguru! He was a really top notch guy!

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I was not so much into his production as at that time I was just here on kvr rarely, but, if we have some vst synth free he produced in the past, why not to do a synth challenge with it?
May be a good way to pay respect to him and also to the figure of audio developers that often being people "behind the curtains" are not so known to the most.
As for what I understood he was into the Fruity loop team as well, the challenge could be also kinda oriented, in which everyone , even if is not his prior style of music (as me,) has to do a track "dance" oriented:
dance, house, dubstep, drum'n'bass, jungle, and so on...
can be a good way to pay him respect, and maybe doing a dedication to his family, with all the songs produced, and in the same time may be to us an occasion to learn and improve our music production having a bit more clear track to follow.
maybe stupid but just a sudden idea I had.
Just saying..
Cheers
D.

All the best Arguru.

:)

If I have given you delight
By aught that I have done,
Let me lie quiet in that night
Which shall be yours anon:

And for the little, little, span
The dead are born in mind,
Seek not to question other than
The code I leave behind.

Old thread, but I came across this page with all the final versions. It seemed appropriate to leave it here.

http://web.archive.org/web/201305181026 ... ducts.html

Thank you Arguru for all you did for the computer music world.

R.I.P.

Still feels like yesterday RIP
stay juicy!

If you open your FL today check the info on the banner. Great that he isn't forgotten! :clap:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Thanks for Psycle :tu:

We probably wouldn't have Renoise if it weren't for Arguru either as it was based on his NoiseTrekker - truly had a huge impact - RIP.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”