Rest in Peace, Arguru

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dammit... :(

Terrible, awful news, and my sympathy is with his friends and family.

From the response here, we can see how many lives Arguru and his work touched. I never met him, but I do use HighLife and did pick up the Direct Wave demo last week. Nevertheless, we are all diminished by this loss, whether we use any of the software he coded or not. Firstly because of the work he will never do, secondly, because of the quality of his craftsmanship on his diverse products help set a higher standard for plug-ins in general, and thirdly because of all the music that people have and will get out of his instrument designs and how that music will in turn continue to touch others. So in this sense, he is immortal and will always be with us.

Nothing puts things in perspective like a sudden, premature death. We so often go on and on past the point of absurdity about these tools, missing the musical forest for the technological trees. But it is life itself that is important, and which can be gone just like that. Now, I'm thinking the same thing I always think when I hear of anyone passing in their prime: Let me do my work well, and treat others fairly, because someday, which might be at any time, that will be all that is left of me. And of course, that is all that will be left of all of us. Arguru left some signifigant good behind. RIP.
Last edited by Bassballjg on Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Respect and condolences to his friends and family.

Voyager is a great gift to this community.
Charlie

ArtRage for Art | EnergyXT2 and Phrazor for Music | Blender for 3D

he did excellent work. i use his software on every song i make.

my sympathies to his family.

Unbelievably sad. He was about to be married too :(

r.i.p. :(

Our deepest condolences to his family and friends, from here in Detroit. He will be missed.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

Arguru wrote:too many things to do and so very little time...

i love his work , damn :( r.i.p

sad news indeed :(
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

r.i.p. :-(

:( r.i.p

r.i.p
Tangent's tracks on myspace

"I wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness, but that doesn't work." - Author Unknown

f**k!! :( :x

Stardust and Discovery are two of the best plugs ever.

This guy was a brilliant dev.

First doru now arguru. It's like god has something against freeware.

I say we find antti and Christian Budde and put them in a well protected bubble. :hihi:
Last edited by 3*s on Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♫♪♫♫♪♫

dang
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”