Misunderstood Song Lyrics [old, I mean classic, thread bumped]

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ye Highlands and ye Lowlands,
Oh, where hae ye been?
They hae slain the Earl Amurray,
And Lady Mondegreen.

A.M. Gold wrote:
Actually, I had a roommate who saw John Fogerty and he said John did intentionally say "There's a bathroom on the right" a couple times during Bad Moon Rising.
i always thought that's what he said when i was a kid...

paranoid "I tell you now to enjoy life" "I tell you now to end your life"
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Jerru wrote:How 'bout a little Joe Cocker for you - LIVE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4_MsrsKzMM
:hail:

Many years ago I was at the theatre watching that godawful Lily Tomlin/Bette Midler movie where they both played twins. Don't remember the name, don't care.:roll:

Anywho, at the end credits Steve Winwood's song (Higher Love) was playing. You probably know the chorus where he (and Chaka Khan) are singing "Bring Me a Higher Love"

My Mom starts singing "Bring me an iron lung." People who came into the theatre after we left probably thought it was a sad movie because I laughed so hard at my Mom that I had mascara running down my face.

Also, my older sister used to think the lyrics to that Ramones song "I wanna be sedated" was "I wanna pizza baby."

And my younger sister had this friend who thought Genesis' "Invisible Touch" chorus lyrics were (instead of "She seems to have an invisible touch")
"Have you seen my hat, it's on the top shelf, yeah."

emdot_ambient wrote:
LMAO :lol:
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Max Romeo - Chase The Devil

"Gonna put on an iron shirt,
Chase the Devil out of Earth"

interpreted as ...

"Gonna put on an ironed shirt ... "

:hihi:

:lol:
BERFAB wrote:
emdot_ambient wrote:

Not the same thing, but when I saw the Eagles in concert years ago, Joe Walsh sang (in Life's Been Good): They write Tim letters, tell Glenn Don's great."
1310th top poster out of 181396 members!

My stepsister came back from her dance lesson way back when singing "stay on the line, stay on the line...ah, ah, ah,ah, stay on the liiiine..."

ugo wrote::lol:
BERFAB wrote:
emdot_ambient wrote:
Bah Ha Ha Ha He He He :lol: :lol:

I was laughing so hard my wife got out of bed to see WTF I was laughing about! That's great.

Got into a long, brutal argument in 7th grade with my friend John who had moved up from Silicon Valley to Oregon and who was already well versed in the worldly ways of hard rock and metal. He got me into AC/DC and Van Halen, among others.

Anyway, he was the one with the experienced background and so he knew very well that the main lyric from AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds" was "Dirty deeds and the Thunder Chief", which to me was almost nauseatingly absurd. I'm not sure if I knew it was really "done dirt cheap" but I knew it was nothing as supremely geeky as "Thunder Chief" since Bon Scott was infinitely too manly and cool for that. Years later one of my roommates had a cartoon illustrated book of misheard lyrics and they had it down as "Thirty thieves and the Thunder Chief".
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Yea, the Joe Cocker is uproarious. That will get emailed around a bit, I think. :D
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”