Misunderstood Song Lyrics [old, I mean classic, thread bumped]

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Only the Dutch will understand this I'm afraid ...

Donna Summer - State of Independance:
"Ze komen niet, ze komen wel
Ze komen niet, ze komen wel
Ze komen niet, ze komen wel"

John Lennon - Imagine:
"... Imagine all the Pipo ..."

(got that with loads of lyrics about "people" actually)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

A.M. Gold wrote:Got into a long, brutal argument in 7th grade with my friend John who had moved up from Silicon Valley to Oregon and who was already well versed in the worldly ways of hard rock and metal. He got me into AC/DC and Van Halen, among others.

Anyway, he was the one with the experienced background and so he knew very well that the main lyric from AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds" was "Dirty deeds and the Thunder Chief", which to me was almost nauseatingly absurd. I'm not sure if I knew it was really "done dirt cheap" but I knew it was nothing as supremely geeky as "Thunder Chief" since Bon Scott was infinitely too manly and cool for that. Years later one of my roommates had a cartoon illustrated book of misheard lyrics and they had it down as "Thirty thieves and the Thunder Chief".
Oh yeah, this guy I worked with also thought that it said "thunder chief" too. :hihi:

What they sung: "Secret Agent Man"
What I heard: "Secret Asian Man"

:o

"'Cos I speak of the pompetus of love."

Not misunderstood by me, mind you. Turns out the word was actually made up by the songwriter.

Meffy wrote:"'Cos I speak of the pompetus of love."

Not misunderstood by me, mind you. Turns out the word was actually made up by the songwriter.
http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a4_065.html

*nod* Just so. The story that mystified millions, that went untold for decades, now blown wide open for all to read and marvel at.

Meffy wrote:"'Cos I speak of the pompetus of love."

I recently thought of a very naughty version of that but I'll leave it to everyone's imagination... :-o :D
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

From 'Bohemian Rhapsody':

"Beelzebub put a devil in my lavatory!"

In our time, Frosty the Snowman is misunderstood by the masses. The emphasis is placed on a snowman, in stead of what it actually represents. :shrug:
I've got nothing to sell...am I on the right site?

ughnonumus wrote:In our time, Frosty the Snowman is misunderstood by the masses. The emphasis is placed on a snowman, in stead of what it actually represents. :shrug:
Ditto Puff the Magic Dragon.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

" Bacon Carott Biscuts" and working overtime, workout.

Alternative to the already misunderstood ...

"Baking Carrot biscuts"

:D

"Jimmy crapped corn and I don't care"

tiny kangaroo down sport

strummin on the old man joe
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Another typical Dutch example I think: Bob Marley, 'No Woman, No Cry'.

He says: 'Please Woman, don't cry'.
But most Dutch think he means: 'If you got no woman, you don't have to cry (got no sorrows/pain).

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”