Misunderstood Song Lyrics [old, I mean classic, thread bumped]

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Didn't check all youtube videos mentioned, but my favourite is always the one from a bulgarian crap-show where people vote for the super-singer.

People, listen to KEN LEE, and if (most probably) it was mentioned here before, listen again:)

Once my sister was listening to "Roam" by the B-52s. During the chorus my dad says "What are they saying? Roll missing one tooth?!?!"

I had a dream where some guy was singing Billy Idol's "Rebel Yell". But he changed the chorus to "Her favorite Stooge is Moe! Moe! MOE!"

tk421 wrote:
I had a dream where some guy was singing Billy Idol's "Rebel Yell". But he changed the chorus to "Her favorite Stooge is Moe! Moe! MOE!"
:lol: this is funny.

a friend recently told me what "Mony Mony" means...now the song actually makes sense :tu:

Chuck E. Jesus wrote:a friend recently told me what "Mony Mony" means...now the song actually makes sense :tu:
I assumed it always had to do with the alternate line 'ride the pony,' the obvious sexual allusion. Am I wrong? And why "Mony," if you know?
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

ninedayswonder99 wrote:Another typical Dutch example I think: Bob Marley, 'No Woman, No Cry'.

He says: 'Please Woman, don't cry'.
But most Dutch think he means: 'If you got no woman, you don't have to cry (got no sorrows/pain).
Probably most Americans, too. Me at least. I didn't get this until I just read your post, and I've been humming this one for more than 30 years.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:
Chuck E. Jesus wrote:a friend recently told me what "Mony Mony" means...now the song actually makes sense :tu:
I assumed it always had to do with the alternate line 'ride the pony,' the obvious sexual allusion. Am I wrong? And why "Mony," if you know?
it's greek slang for a certain area on a woman's body...

Chuck E. Jesus wrote:
BERFAB wrote:
If so then it should be "Muni Muni" ...THATS the correct Greek word :P
www.myspace.com/zonerband
ESOUNDZ USERNAME:zonercy

Antonis wrote:
Chuck E. Jesus wrote:
BERFAB wrote:
maybe they changed the spelling? my friend works with some greek drywallers, they told him when the song came on...

Chuck E. Jesus wrote:
Antonis wrote:
Chuck E. Jesus wrote:
BERFAB wrote:
maybe they changed the spelling? my friend works with some greek drywallers, they told him when the song came on...
Well..either they misheard (Mony for a Muni)or they were messing with him :lol:
Anyway..i always thought that Mony was just a name...
www.myspace.com/zonerband
ESOUNDZ USERNAME:zonercy

mony is klingon for "not that hole!"
mo mo mo means "thats better yes that hole mmmm"

if you listen now it should make sense.(more sense)

Antonis wrote:
Chuck E. Jesus wrote:
Antonis wrote:
Chuck E. Jesus wrote:
BERFAB wrote:
Well..either they misheard (Mony for a Muni)or they were messing with him :lol:
Anyway..i always thought that Mony was just a name...
wiki wrote:The hook in the song is said to have been inspired by James' view of a MONY sign atop the Mutual of New York Building in New York City skyline from his Manhattan apartment. As Tommy James says in a 1995 interview in Hitch magazine:

True story: I had the track done before I had a title. I wanted something catchy like "Sloopy" or "Bony Maroney," but everything sounded so stupid. So Ritchie Cordell and I were writing it in New York City, and we were about to throw in the towel when I went out onto the terrace, looked up and saw the Mutual of New York building (which has its initials illuminated in red at its top). I said, "That's gotta be it. Ritchie, come here, you've gotta see this." It's almost as if God Himself had said, "Here's the title." I've always thought that if I had looked the other way, it might have been called "Hotel Taft."
now my day is ruined :x

Most people have no idea what Frosty the Snowman is about. In fact, there are countless songs that contain esoteric meaning(s) that evade the common consciousness, simply put. However, the child always acts like they never heard anything for the first time. So, one usually has to rely on the deer in the headlights look, instead of the "I knew that" response to confirm a misunderstanding. :-o
I've got nothing to sell...am I on the right site?

have i mentioned i've been misunderstanding the lyrics to "Mony Mony"?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”