Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

RIP tim conrardy.

kritikon
KVRAF

5062 posts since 23 May, 2002, from Tutukaka, New Zealand

Postby kritikon; Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:06 pm

I don't normally bother with these type threads either, but Tim really was a gent - one of the few to not let his ego rule his mouth. Also very talented. Sad indeed... :?
djsubject
KVRAF

10975 posts since 26 Nov, 2004, from UK

Postby djsubject; Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:09 pm

devastating! :cry:

another massive loss to KvR,

i dread to think what his loved ones are going through, :(
Urs
u-he

21483 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Wow... I don't know what to say.

Rest in peace, mate!
Per Lichtman
KVRian

1145 posts since 18 Jan, 2004, from Los Angeles, California, USA

Postby Per Lichtman; Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Though I already posted in the other thread, I wanted to mention here that I have asked Ben and Mike whether they would post an article in memoriam of Tim for the April issue of WSM. If anybody else has particularly poigniant memories or anecdotes to contribute, please contact me to see if they could be included as well. I would really like to give his passing the gravity it deserves and I feel like he touched a lot of people.
pljones
KVRAF

6007 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:29 pm

Shit.

*_tc - the legacy will remain. I should have said "thanks" at least once.

:(
GaryG
KVRAF

5517 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:32 pm

That's terribly sad. RIP Tim.
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
scuzzphut
KVRAF

3760 posts since 16 Apr, 2002, from Scotland

Postby scuzzphut; Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:36 pm

Tim was finely woven into the fabric of KvR.

Damn :-(
diverdee
KVRAF

3622 posts since 26 Sep, 2003, from Bradford - The Armpit of Britain

Postby diverdee; Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:40 pm

Sad news.
Condolences to Tim's loved ones.
Karmacomposer
KVRAF

5967 posts since 7 Nov, 2005, from Florida

Postby Karmacomposer; Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:59 pm

I posted in the Camel Audio thread regarding Tim's passing, but I feel the need to comment here as well.

Although we were long-distance friends, Tim has a special place in my heart as my true mentor of preset design. I met him many moons ago on the Atari ST/TT bulletin boards (yep, that long ago) and even met him at an Atari convention.

It was a pleasure working with him on his synths and projects that I was involved with and I am sad as hell that I was unable to get his world-class design work in any of my work (Camel/Alchemy took all his time recently - and for good reason) - truly, no one can replace him.

My eyes have not stopped tearing all day, on or off the computer.

A legend has passed, but thank GOD above he will live on in our memories from his inspirational work, amazing instruments, world-class presets, fantastic music and wonderful conversations.

Tim was a true human being - a kind soul - and a professional artist.

My wishes and prayers go out to his family - you have lost someone wonderful and caring, and I am so sorry it happened so suddenly. I can only hope he felt no pain.

As I said in the other thread, March 1 needs to be 'TC' day, officially, to commemorate the man whose name is synonomous with Virtual Instruments and KVR.

My condolences to his extended family here at KVR - to the THOUSANDS of people his heart touched and his wizardry astounded.

Rest in peace Tim. Now you can touch the stars you so lovingly composed, talked and wrote about.

Mike
ugo
KVRAF

5153 posts since 6 Jan, 2003

Postby ugo; Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:04 pm

Like Mike, I too have already posted in the Camel Audio forum thread but I feel the need to write again. News of Tim's death hit me harder than I could ever have expected. At first there was of course the shock and disbelief, and then I burst into tears...and I never even met him in person. We didn't even email each other regularly. That is how strong and positive his presence here was.

Right from when I first started hanging around KVR, Tim supported and encouraged my work and I always deeply appreciated that. He did the same for so many other developers here too, and he always did so from the kindness of his heart. His unquenchable love of music and synthesizers was unquestionable, as was his talent as a musician and as a sound designer. He was such an influence and inspiration to so many people. His passing is a great loss to the community and he will be missed.
logicgate
KVRist

165 posts since 9 Nov, 2003

Postby logicgate; Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:07 pm

The Chase wrote:Tim was one of those guys where if I saw a "presets made by ______," I would be very likely to try the synth. Truly a sound design master, and he was perpetually helpful and friendly on forums.

Exactly.

Best wishes to Tim's family and friends.
Muzik 4 Machines
KVRAF

7792 posts since 6 Oct, 2003, from Quebec

Postby Muzik 4 Machines; Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:10 pm

that's really sad news, he was a great gu and a talented sound designer
RIP
ruud07
KVRist

283 posts since 11 Jul, 2005, from The Netherlands

Postby ruud07; Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:33 pm

Very sad news. He was one of the best sound designers. His posts on KVR were always a good read.

My condolences to his family and friends.
maximilians1
KVRian

1250 posts since 21 Feb, 2004

Postby maximilians1; Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:00 pm

RIP Tim
Nobody's a nobody...
Mr. Tunes
Tunesmith

2889 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from Toronto

Postby Mr. Tunes; Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:20 pm

this is very upsetting. hard to say anything that hasn't already been said before, but i think the connection i found to him was that he seemed to also be interested in adopting gear that might not get the best mainstream opinions, but maybe worth looking at no matter what others think.

i also know that he had numerous fans on his sound design and hopefully he can become an inspiration for new talent out there.

my condolences to the family
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)