Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

RIP tim conrardy.

tonAP
KVRian

546 posts since 10 Oct, 2006

Postby tonAP; Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:18 am

Tim

A great sorrow goes with the disheartening news.

Your endless pad spreads the universe for good and all.
Ian B
Fearer of cheese

3222 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from UK

Postby Ian B; Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:33 am

Shocked and saddened to read about this.

RIP Tim.
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.
IIRs
KVRAF

6740 posts since 24 Mar, 2002, from sheffield, england

Postby IIRs; Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:13 am

Very sad news. I never had any personal dealings with him, but I had great respect for his work.
RIP Tim Conrardy.
gnu23
KVRian

516 posts since 8 Mar, 2004, from Network 23

Postby gnu23; Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:29 am

I was just reflecting on Tim's passing...

There are several things we can do in his honor:

(1) Design sound. I know Tim started with, "What's this knob for?... Wow!". So can we. :)
(2) Write a song using only Tim's presets. That process has already started, although I can't find the thread for it at the moment. :(
(3) When we are tempted to write a less than kind post about something, recall that Tim never did. I know I am guilty of this - rest assured I won't be again.

Beyond music, the Universe fascinated Tim. I truly hope he has the chance to visit it all personally now. I hope he gets the chance to see M42 close up. :) God rest your soul, Tim, and thank you for everything.
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---
de la Mancha
KVRian

1307 posts since 4 Oct, 2005, from London, UK

Postby de la Mancha; Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:47 am

That's really sad news, my condolences to his family and friends. I didn't know him well, but he was kind enough to make me some presets for one of my freeware synths and in that gesture I knew straight away he was one of life's good guys. That both himself and his work are so memorable will mean he will still be around us for a long while yet.
auto_moment
KVRist

348 posts since 4 Feb, 2006, from exiled in fife

Postby auto_moment; Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:49 am

gnu23 wrote:(3) When we are tempted to write a less than kind post about something, recall that Tim never did. I know I am guilty of this - rest assured I won't be again.

@ no one in particular....indeed take heed, this is exactly what has again occupied my mind ,upon hearing this news. :hug:
bluedad
something special

8456 posts since 15 Mar, 2002, from Birmingham, Alabama

Postby bluedad; Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:12 am

gnu23 wrote:(2) Write a song using only Tim's presets. That process has already started, although I can't find the thread for it at the moment.

The thread is stickied at the top of the Cafe forum

(3) When we are tempted to write a less than kind post about something, recall that Tim never did. I know I am guilty of this - rest assured I won't be again.

that is excellent advice.
Voidoid Surrealist
KVRAF

4048 posts since 17 Sep, 2004, from Places far less tedious than this blue trainwreck...

Postby Voidoid Surrealist; Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:21 am

Damn… saddened to hear of his passing, my condolences to his family and friends.
I know it's a bit cliché to say it, but he really was one of "the good guys" here.
foosnark
KVRAF

3759 posts since 9 Jan, 2003, from Saint Louis MO

Postby foosnark; Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:56 am

While I am one of the few who was generally not a fan of Tim's presets, I had a high opinion of the man himself. He was a gentleman, he loved music and was always helpful. He will be missed.
keykitman
KVRer

18 posts since 13 Apr, 2004

Postby keykitman; Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:37 am

At the request of Diane (Tim's wife), a permanent memorial site has been created for Tim:

http://tim-conrardy.last-memories.com

I've added links on its main page to all of the memorial threads/pages I know of so far. Let me know if there are others. Please add your thoughts and memories to that site.

...Tim... tjt at nosuch.com
Muzik 4 Machines
KVRAF

7786 posts since 6 Oct, 2003, from Quebec

Postby Muzik 4 Machines; Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:34 am

found that
http://tim-conrardy.last-memories.com/
its been setup as a permanent memorial
Esgalachoir
KVRian

834 posts since 25 May, 2008, from Colorado

Postby Esgalachoir; Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:38 am

Rest in peace, Tim.
He was a genius, I'll always enjoy his patches for Absynth. I haven't been around that long, but obviously he was just an all around awesome fellow.
emdot_ambient
KVRAF

6501 posts since 26 Nov, 2004, from Frederick, MD

Postby emdot_ambient; Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:57 am

I miss the old KVR already... :(
Az're-ul
KVRAF

3044 posts since 29 Mar, 2002, from 51°53'N 02°15'W

Postby Az're-ul; Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:07 pm

Extremely sad new. In my few dealings with Tim, he was always friendly, helpful & enthusiastic. My sincere condolences to his friends and family.
其余的是噪音
metalifuxx
KVRAF

2245 posts since 22 Mar, 2005, from Detroit

Postby metalifuxx; Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:14 am

Wow, just a few days ago I re-loaded Crystal and Synth1 onto my DAW and his patches were the first I downloaded and looked for and then just decided to download his zip full of all the patches he designed for so many synths. The next day I saw this news. I only knew of him through patches, posts and threads here, and saw his picture documentary of his NAMM trip last year, as well as the Alchemy promo videos. Even though never exchanging thread posts/PMs with him, I could tell from evidence around KVR that he genuinely had a spirited soul with a kind heart. He will be missed.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)