Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

RIP tim conrardy.

Benedict
KVRAF

2618 posts since 4 Mar, 2004, from Brisbane Australia

Postby Benedict; Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 am

I am in shock and on seeing this post wondered if it was a sick joke. Sadly no.

I briefly dealt with Tim and he was a super fellow. His music and sounds are inspired.

A big loss for us all.

All the best to his family

:hug:
Benedict Roff-Marsh
http://www.benedictroffmarsh.com
Derek up North
KVRian

627 posts since 14 Feb, 2003, from Rural splendour (Up North, England)

Postby Derek up North; Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:35 am

Truly shocking news. Tim was a gentleman in every sense of the word and was consistently intelligent, calm ,reasoned and humourous (a rare combination).

A sad loss.

My best wishes and condolences to his family.

Derek.
Less than 1000 posts and writer's block has set in :-(
GlennO
KVRist

269 posts since 24 Apr, 2002

Postby GlennO; Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:11 pm

Like many of you, I came to first know Tim through his Crystal patches. When he created his first bank, they were instantly very popular and I put them on the Crystal web site and we kept in touch via email. Soon after, we met at NAMM. We talked a lot about my motivations behind creating Crystal, but mostly we talked about what patch design meant to him. He was someone who had clearly found his calling in life. He not only had boundless enthusiasm for patch design, but also extraordinary skill.

Tim is gone and there is now an undeniable empty space in the music world. But, I'd like to think he's still with us through his patches. Even several years after he created them, his Crystal patch banks are still downloaded thousands of times a month.

- Glenn
glokraw
KVRAF

6105 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Postby glokraw; Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:55 pm

GlennO wrote:Like many of you, I came to first know Tim through his Crystal patches. When he created his first bank, they were instantly very popular and I put them on the Crystal web site and we kept in touch via email. Soon after, we met at NAMM. We talked a lot about my motivations behind creating Crystal, but mostly we talked about what patch design meant to him. He was someone who had clearly found his calling in life. He not only had boundless enthusiasm for patch design, but also extraordinary skill.

Tim is gone and there is now an undeniable empty space in the music world. But, I'd like to think he's still with us through his patches. Even several years after he created them, his Crystal patch banks are still downloaded thousands of times a month.

- Glenn

Years ago, I stumbled upon fst, a tiny little linux thingy, and I read it was used for synthesizers, and having seen a picture of Crystal in some magazine, I got it, ran the
command fst crystal.dll, and soon discovered the sound-creation genious of Tim Conrardy.
Now, I load a project with 5 or 6 of his sounds, swirling and bouncing and darting about,
and there is at the same time, a gnawing sense of lost opportunity, and a new impetus to
take these wonderful gifts he left with us, and utilize them to the fullest. His legacy will
inspire, his legend will grow, and the future will be brighter because he was here. His season was too short, but he sure made it count.
ianweb123
KVRAF

3080 posts since 3 Nov, 2002, from Kettering UK

Postby ianweb123; Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:23 pm

I have posted elsewhere but i must say that I am genuinely upset by this, all the more remarkable that I never met Tim in person but I still feel that he was somebody that I was honoured to call a friend.
I am pleased that his name will live on in so many wonderful sonic textures for decades to come and I feel extremely lucky that my plugins were blessed with his touch.

RIP indeed, Tim will be surely missed
mcnoone
KVRAF

5946 posts since 8 Oct, 2007, from an inharmonious society

Postby mcnoone; Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:02 pm

I was inspired by him. Great sounds. He is missed here.
eridanus
KVRer

2 posts since 2 Mar, 2007, from Germany

Postby eridanus; Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:54 am

What a shocking news :(
Tim is gone, but his synths and sounds will live forever.
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
Glassback
KVRAF

4965 posts since 21 Oct, 2003, from UK

Postby Glassback; Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:43 am

Shit, only just caught up with this news.

A great musician who created great sounds. I'm another person who often d/l'd a synth because he'd created some of the soundsets in it.

Wow. Stunned.

Bests to his family. :(
One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.
hao nao
KVRAF

3076 posts since 9 Apr, 2003

Postby hao nao; Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:18 pm

I hope he caught a ride on the comet that buzzed us that weekend ;)

transit of a very good guy

*bow*
5 twelve
speccyteccy
KVRian

1260 posts since 25 Nov, 2003, from London

Postby speccyteccy; Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:35 pm

That's such sad news - he was a bit of a legend here I guess - certainly inspired and helped me.

My sincerest condolences to his loved ones.
mvchamp
KVRer

6 posts since 1 Dec, 2008

Postby mvchamp; Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:32 pm

Really sad news. i knew about Tim only through his presets. Sad for the music community. Rest in peace Tim.
PeterL
KVRian

1395 posts since 27 Mar, 2002, from Austria

Postby PeterL; Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:08 am

Oh no. THE legend in sound design had to go. :cry:
R.I.P. and best wishes to the family.
HanafiH
KVRian

1242 posts since 5 Mar, 2001, from London, UK

Postby HanafiH; Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:38 pm

He was a good bloke.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)