The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I swear I won't be buying any more audio gear...after I pay for the Flea 47 that arrives tomorrow. 8)
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

MickGael wrote:I swear I won't be buying any more audio gear...after I pay for the Flea 47 that arrives tomorrow. 8)
Holy f..k!!

Turello wrote:I don't wanna start a polemic but I use to buy just\only what I really need and what alloy my pockets\billfold... And I'm with myself! :hihi:
So, are you saying DON'T buy all the things?

I never buy what I can't afford. But I promise I've just about had it with all of this garbage :x

hibidy wrote:
MickGael wrote:I swear I won't be buying any more audio gear...after I pay for the Flea 47 that arrives tomorrow. 8)
Holy f..k!!

Saved for two years! Pretty excited. :)
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

foosnark wrote:I can say with at least some confidence, I will not buy more gear for a while.
Addendum: books about DSP are not gear. :scared:

... space is the place ...

Looks cool!

I bought bitwig. Have to say that overall, it was a good purchase (I bought it used :) )

Mivo wrote:Lots of things interest me, but none of them are cheap enough to "just"buy them. :) (Octatrack, I'm looking at you!)
Three months later, and I still haven't bought the Octatrack! Came close a few times, but went with cheaper stuff, like a Zoom H-6 (which then needed rechargeable batteries, a charger, an adapter, and a SD card), a ribbon mic, a contact mic ... oh, and Tracktion, Bazille, and some hifi headphones. Right, and another chromatic kalimba because it looked so lonely. Okay, so I'm not good at not buying stuff!

Next month I could afford an Octatrack, but ... typical case of "I don't need it and it might collect dust, but I want it anyway". Retail therapy is costly! I could get an OP-1, but that is an even more controversial consideration, because I can't shake the feeling that it is over-priced ... well, it's probably what OP stands for. :D

The Octatrack is not at all overpriced. It's a bloody amazing device, worth every penny. Almost like Ableton Live in a box (but different to enough to be something unique).

:evil:

Seriously good bit of kit ... but yeah, if "just because" then perhaps not worth it. It's a deep machine with a very steep learning curve.

The "over-priced" was referring to the Teenage Engineering OP-1. :) The Octatrack is certainly worth its price, judging by what I've seen. It's just a larger sum at once, so it's not in the "impulse buy" price range for me.

I've been wanting one for a year, so there is a good chance I'll pick one up. Seem to retain its value very well, too.

Ah yeah, the OP-1. I've always been a bit suspicious of it being a "toy", but now it's been around for a while I see some people doing amazing things with it ...

Are you kidding? I will never promise such a thing, NEVER EVER :D
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Mivo wrote:The "over-priced" was referring to the Teenage Engineering OP-1. :) The Octatrack is certainly worth its price, judging by what I've seen. It's just a larger sum at once, so it's not in the "impulse buy" price range for me.

I've been wanting one for a year, so there is a good chance I'll pick one up. Seem to retain its value very well, too.
The new Electribe is out in a few weeks, which looks like a good (and much cheaper) alternative to the OP-1, get one of those instead.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Fuzz!

:love:

I had to get one of those as well.

Update. Nothing more than that... :pray:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”