The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ben_horwood wrote:Maybe we could get all the software and sample library developers to sign an "I will not develop any more awesome products" agreement instead ? :shrug:

It would be much easier on everyone if all of their future products sucked ! :D
That's my current problem. I just shelled (before I wrote my last post) 99 on a plugin allience deal that was TOTALLY unexpected. It's a great plug but ........ TOTALLY unexpected :x So, I've gotta do something.

Momma told me not to post in this thread as the big bad boogaloo most-important-part-no longer works will raise it's ugly head

:x

Im selling off most of my software now and ending this. lol its time to move on before i go bankrupt.

i need to pay off my credit card of 500$ so expect to see some deals spring up from my desperate sales
:borg:

Face it, the ONLY chance to deal with GAS this time of the year is not to check your emails, abandon KVR completely and switch your hobby to another addiction. I heard Christmas light addiction is nice to have this time of the year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o3Q14Hnjuo
Cowbells!

I've managed to wean myself off VSTi. Almost all are mothballed, the last few will be de-installed this weekend, then I sell my Alesis QX25 on Craigslist! :-o :-o :-o

Erm, uhh, of course I now own 2 guitars and a bass.. and a few effects pedals.. :cry: :cry: :help: :help: :help:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Darth Vader yelled, not wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Blue Phase Music

I was doing pretty well until Black Friday: Rapture $20 Tony Maserati Waves $80.

Still not bad, but then Cubase 7 upgrade came along and CLA Artist Waves went on sale.

Jury is out on whether I get the new IK T-Racks upgrade.

I swore I'd only upgrade stuff from here on out, but then I get blind-sided by these specials. I take some comfort in the fact that it's been years since I paid full price for anything.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Ok, now I'm just f**king pissed. I don't care if it all goes toenails-up.......done......finished.........serious!

NO MORE!

hibidy wrote:Ok, now I'm just f**king pissed. I don't care if it all goes toenails-up.......done......finished.........serious!

NO MORE! (until next time)
There. Feel better? It's only GAS, it will pass. Until next time. :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

I won't buy any more plugins. Don't need anything else. Now what I need is a treated room to mix in and make all kinds of noise in, a separate room to mic cabs in, more cabs, and a good mic pre. That shit is all too expensive right now. So I'll make do with what I have. Sucks havin to go sing at another location, and use an Iso cab. But it's better than not bein able to do anything, which is where I was when I first started all this. So man, f**k it. I'm happy as f**k right now. Just to be alive.

mandolarian wrote:
hibidy wrote:Ok, now I'm just f**king pissed. I don't care if it all goes toenails-up.......done......finished.........serious!

NO MORE! (until next time)
There. Feel better? It's only GAS, it will pass. Until next time. :D
No :x I'm really pissed. It's not rational.

Listen, I WANT better sound (and higher fidelity :hihi: ) but ffs, this is out of control. Shit don't always WORK right......I've got to understand that I'm not the god-gifted musician I'd like to be.

I'm "ok" at guitar
I'm "ok" at bass
I'm "ok" at operating things
I'm "ok" at plunking on a midi controller and having happenstance :hihi:

GOD! It's just nuts!!!!!!!!

AetherCoyl wrote:I won't buy any more plugins. Don't need anything else. Now what I need is a treated room to mix in and make all kinds of noise in, a separate room to mic cabs in, more cabs, and a good mic pre. That shit is all too expensive right now. So I'll make do with what I have. Sucks havin to go sing at another location, and use an Iso cab. But it's better than not bein able to do anything, which is where I was when I first started all this. So man, f**k it. I'm happy as f**k right now. Just to be alive.
I know, I should just be happy. It's pass (no pun intended)

OK, this just isn't fair. I survived Black Friday with just an upgrade to the AAS Modeling Bundle. Now we are hitting the Christmas sales. The Melda Production Creative bundle which I resisted on Black Friday is on sale again and my resistance is failing. Then there is a great sale going on at Image-line where I really want to buy Harmor for $45 plus perhaps a couple of other things. Then Synapse Audio has Dune on sale for $99. I wasn't able to buy it last year when it was on sale, so what I am I supposed to do with it on sale this year. This is just the ones I want the most. There are another dozen or so that I want because they look interesting. All I need now is for Hollow Sun to put the MLM series on sale, and I am a dead duck.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

I find that my biggest cost drain is software more than gear..
Orchestral composer and programmer.
www.soundcloud.com/glenrhodes

My wallet promises i will not buy any more gear. :cry:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”