The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Interesting timing, I've just promised myself not to buy anything (other than strings, picks, etc) for 3 months! I've spent gobbs of cash this year so far and enough is enough!

some of the deals I'll be missing out on:

ik's t racks singles
kompletly insane
psp nitro
some great prices from newegg on computer parts upgrades
ack, others I can't remember.......

anyways good luck to me and all who are on the downsize!

(and the marketplace should be gracing my presence shortly :hihi:)

GreyLion wrote:I promise not to buy anything more from riley4reason this year. But he should PM me when he gets ready to sell That Next Thing.
I need to do that as well! :lol:

ccosta wrote:I promise not to buy anything more except:

A large pack off "Free Time (TM)" , so I can enjoy all the gear I already have.

:(
I'm dealing with v1 of free time and it's as buggy as hell. I think it has something to do with interrupts! :hihi:

I do feel ya though. I honestly am on the verge of a tantrum because I'm getting dragged away to Las Vegas this weekend (Missus going for business and tacking on pleasure pre work). Of course I know I'll have fun, but at the expense of separation anxiety from being away from my precious... my precious...

I don't promise, or feel bad, but I found that after a multi year frenzy where software "ate" my hardware, I've calmed down quite a bit but I keep myself on a budget. So I can't afford something like Synthsquad on a month's funds so I'll have time to evaluate it and if the luster hasn't worn off by the time I've saved enough for it, I'll get it for sure. So, I consider myself a functioning gearaholic.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Well, I've just broken my promise - the Fabfilter $99 deal nailed it I'm afraid. I lasted a whole 8 days, which may be a record, considering my previous attempts :lol:

What's wrong with gear? (besides a little starvation...bah, the kids can handle it!)

I'm pretty much ok with what I have right now. I'll probably get a nice sounding ethnic instrument, a good mic to record it, new soundcard and later on ONE analog synth, and I'll be done (I hope)

hibidy wrote:Interesting timing, I've just promised myself not to buy anything (other than strings, picks, etc) for 3 months! I've spent gobbs of cash this year so far and enough is enough!

some of the deals I'll be missing out on:

ik's t racks singles
kompletly insane
psp nitro
some great prices from newegg on computer parts upgrades
ack, others I can't remember.......

anyways good luck to me and all who are on the downsize!

(and the marketplace should be gracing my presence shortly :hihi:)
Nitro should be the exception that prooves the rule :). I cant beleive your passing it up for 10 bucks

This is a good idea for a thread. :)

I used to buy stuff on credit but now I just don't buy something unless I can pay for it now. :)
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I'm right up against my overdraft limit now so i have no choice but to stop buying stuff no matter how good the deal :cry:
I swear that FabFilter bundle is the last one for the foreseeable future!
I must stay off this damn interweb thing..

macmurphy wrote:I'm right up against my overdraft limit now so i have no choice but to stop buying stuff no matter how good the deal :cry:
I swear that FabFilter bundle is the last one for the foreseeable future!
I must stay off this damn interweb thing..
I was able to resist Komplete 5 for $334 and the t-racks deal but the fab filter I could not, I didn't even try. But I did not use credit, yay me :D
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I..........am.............still............resisting..........

hibidy wrote:I..........am.............still............resisting..........
Resistance is futile :)
Looks like the deals over anyhoo.I couldnt find it anymore but they do have this http://www.audiomidi.com/PSP-EffectsPac ... 12392.aspx

Damn. Looks like my $10 purchase might actually turn out to be $260 purchase.

ok my last purchase this year will be:

1x blu-ray bd-r drive
1x Akai LPK25
1x 10x pack of BD-R's
1x blu-ray movie
1x 250GB harddrive

so, after that.. i promise not to buy anything for the rest of 2009,
and i mean really nothing not even a sheet of paper :hihi:

Cannot now, something has to be replaced and so no cash for toys for a very long time. :( Except for kit synth which is already here, try building the box ...mmmmmmm....

Well, I just bought another mandolin last night...

I have had an epiphone for the last 18 years, great for studio work but clumsy for gigs. I had an Aira [sic] one for a while, which was fab for gigs - loud, wider fretboard, etc - but alas the neck came away from the body. Been a one-mandolin man for over 10 years and have a gig next sat'dy where I'm only playing mando: so I needed a new one :) I bought a Stagg job, with pickup already installed (no need for the old piezo bug!), £89.99. Sounds great! We're doing a bluegrass 'Forever Autumn' and I'm playing the lead lines.

When I Canada I found a guitar that I love, and have spent the last week trying to find an equiv in the UK. Nothing's turning up, and the guitars that come closest are 5->10x the price. I'm considering getting my friends to buy it, along with a case. Guitar, case and postage will be cheaper than walking into a shop in the UK for something remotely similar!

But after that, I'm taking the pledge ;)

I pledge that I wont buy no more this month.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”