The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Long time ago i promised myself not to buy a new stuff. So I'm still on Cakewalk ProAudio 9. :hihi:
Last edited by Igro on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

I promise that I won't buy a Pendulum Audio Quartet. I promise...

I promise, i really don't want to buy a SynthSquad. :bang:

How luxuriantly easy it is to have no spending money whatever. Nothing to worry about wanting to buy. The decision is made before the question is asked.

ScarKord wrote:But I do have a sort of workaround... I can only buy something new if I sell something old. So, goodbye Roland VariOS/VC1 and hello APC40 :) (Once they actually get them back in stock!)
Hi Scarcord! I hear you and I acknowledge you.

I have tried what you say, but somehow I always end up

1) Buying before I have sold anything

2) Buying for much more than I sell

3) Loosing money because the prices I sell for are much less than I bought for.

I am afraid this does not work for me. So I will keep promising!

And for the rest of the group: Having a baby does not help me take responsibility either. I will have my second child in the end of october and I still buy gear. Therefore I promise not to buy more gear! NEVER! ...But congratulations to you anyway.

riley4reason wrote:I could go on and on, but I'm here to see what Greylion has to say for himself.

Riley :lol:
I love this thread.

I promise not to buy anything more from riley4reason this year. But he should PM me when he gets ready to sell That Next Thing. Like the really cool bass guitar that he's selling now. :D

I think I have enough guitars and basses and amps now. I have at least one of each major type. Except I don't have anything with P-90's in it...

I have all of the software that I will ever need. Synplant looks interesting, though. And I just got HG Fortune's SwampXT, which sounds fantastic. Seriously, you all need to promise to not buy it, right now. When you buy one of his synths, you get a great discount on others. Which of course won't at all affect any purchasing decisions for me.

I bet I won't buy any more UAD plugs when they have their incredible end-of-year sale this December. Especially not the Neve 88RS.

In two or three weeks, there's going to be a flood of Marketplace sales of all of the bits and pieces that people don't need anymore, now that they've gotten Komplete 5.

I promise not to buy Kontakt 5 when people are begging me to give them $80 for it. I bet I won't buy Reaktor either.

And I CERTAINLY won't buy Komplete 5 if there's an overlap between the $340 sale at Musicians Friend and the grace period for free upgrades after Komplete 6 is announced.

Nope. Not a chance. I'm keepin' all my money this year.
Last edited by GreyLion on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, and the program that AudioMidi now has going, where every couple of weeks they sell a plug worth $150 or so, for $10?

I'm absolutely not buying any more of those. Nuh-uh.

Sorry, can't promise you anything - my birthday is soon.

robojam wrote:Sorry, can't promise you anything - my birthday is soon.
you got Komplete 5 this year, no? the deal they have is tempting but i already have R5 and GR3...i would like Kontact and FM 8 though :hihi:

Chuck E. Jesus wrote:
robojam wrote:Sorry, can't promise you anything - my birthday is soon.
you got Komplete 5 this year, no? the deal they have is tempting but i already have R5 and GR3...i would like Kontact and FM 8 though :hihi:
I got Komplete 5 for Christmas this year, but I still have my lengthy wish list of other things... :hihi:

I promise not to buy anything more except:

A large pack off "Free Time (TM)" , so I can enjoy all the gear I already have.

:(

IncarnateX wrote:
ScarKord wrote:But I do have a sort of workaround... I can only buy something new if I sell something old. So, goodbye Roland VariOS/VC1 and hello APC40 :) (Once they actually get them back in stock!)
Hi Scarcord! I hear you and I acknowledge you.

I have tried what you say, but somehow I always end up

1) Buying before I have sold anything
2) Buying for much more than I sell
3) Loosing money because the prices I sell for are much less than I bought for.

I am afraid this does not work for me. So I will keep promising!
+1. Just keep all of it. He who dies with the most toys wins. :hihi:

Instruments are tools. Tools are always useful. Even the "crap". I always regret selling my stuff and sometimes buy something 2 or three times. What I'd really like is more room to use what I've got.

These guys are winning.

Massive Keyboard Collection (This is great!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVt5yFkB ... re=related

Pedalboard and Stompbox Collection. 120 guitar effects!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP4GQE2b41U

Unbelievable Stompbox Effects Pedal Collection.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pnXp7Jg ... re=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAJAbK8h ... re=related

And then there's Scot.. :hihi:

hell, i ended up buying another Doepfer module today :oops:

I promise not to make promises i don't intend to keep

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”