The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Easy, I'm broke, and the Memorymoog repair is all I can justify. Probably won't have money for fun stuff until May. Ask me then. :lol:

Ben H wrote:I've noticed that the people posting in this thread are generally MUCH happier than the people posting in the other (hard mode) thread. :D

Everyone in that thread seems so miserable.
A 'hit' will always give the illusion of happiness, but in truth it just temporarily allays the symptoms of withdrawal. I am no more or less miserable than before. I'm just not buying plugins I don't need.

Keep filling up those carts, lads :tu:

Hey Ben H, here's a way to be happy without buying a thing: a video I posted a few weeks ago on that Miser Able thread, by Rev. Billy and the Stop Shopping Choir: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZnX05WKYNM
Artist info at http://www.revbilly.com/about_the_stop_shopping_choir
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote:Hey Ben H, here's a way to be happy without buying a thing
Yeah, I know. I was just being facetious. :P
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Hive is now mine officially

ghettosynth wrote:
Ben H wrote:I've noticed that the people posting in this thread are generally MUCH happier than the people posting in the other (hard mode) thread. :D

Everyone in that thread seems so miserable.
LOL!

I'm pretty restrained for the most part, but I tell you what, I'm getting a LOT of use out of some stuff that I got new this past season.
I've been doing good so far too...

There only two things I've bought that were not expected, the offer by NOIIZ and the Creative Bundle from GRM.

The next thing that I'll pick, that's not on my planned list, is the new PO-32 by Teenage Engineering. I don't even expect to use it often, but as a fan of Microtonic and as a fan of the PO series modules, I feel I have to add it on.

To keep this thread up to date... so what Waves plugins are you going to buy during this tempting 29$ (cheaper elsewhere) sale?

Is it Abbey Road Plates? Or H-Reverb? Or maybe Redd and API EQs?

Or even something else like Brauer Motion or LoAir or Center (all super useful mixing plugins)?
No signature here!

If any of you poor souls are still weak, here‘s some stuff for you:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=521281

I've been a regular here at KVR for 7 years ever since I jumped off the Reason Bandwagon. Since then I've been buying, selling and testing a whole LOT of the latest plugins. Honestly looking back it all, I've not really utilized any of them to create an album. It's mostly been aimless testing, learning and playing which has been satisfying but I'm at the point where I feel overwhelmed. I have made a lot of tracks testing them out and most of them haven't been very good but that's probably more with the fact I"ve never spent longer than a day focusing on finishing a track.

It hasn't all BEEN a super big loss as I've got a pretty good idea of what's out there in the DSP world now.

However it's starting to catch up to me and lately I've been really considering going back to using a single DAW and selling Most (Except for a few) of my 3rd party plugins. I mostly want to do this because when I used Reason I knew it like the back of my hand. I would just load up a project and work and not have to worry about learning anything new and being stuck with certain options forced me to be more Creative. I found I made my best then, and I want to go back to that.

For the stuff I can't sell (NFR) I'm tempted to just have the developer delete my account and take it as a total loss, only because I don't want to have any temptations in the future to stray back into this Plugin collecting madness.

IF i do this I know I'll end up with a decent amount of money in my paypal account, and after I'm done selling all my stuff I think I'll probably save it.

I know I"m not the worst because I've seen others who have spent FAR more than me doing this, but I just think it's time to focus on maybe using Bitwig Studio and just spend my time learning how to use it to make actual music.

As for replacing that with Hardware collection, I've thought it over and figure that actually would make me go broke pretty fast :lol:

Maybe when I'm older, have a house paid off made a decent income and saved lots. :lol:
:borg:

I don't throw money at something I don't know I have real use for, particularly just because of a sale. I felt I had a few dollars burning a hole in my pocket recently and there was nothing in that range whatsoever I felt was worth it, for instance.

I have bought a few things I didn't use all that much, but they weren't very stupid buys. One or two impulse buy regrets a dozen yrs ago. A couple others for like 5, 10 bucks.
I didn't grow up with really disposable income, I'm not of that class.

V0RT3X wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:43 pmI knew it like the back of my hand
Exactly.
It's not the money, it's the time we need to learn something well enough to use it creatively.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”