The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Time to draw on the experience of the masses and fellow music addicts, how do you justify the purchases to the wife/girlfriend/live in lover?? Or do you just not tell them about download purchases :D

HI

I also succumbed to the Fabfilter deal - but then I already had FabTwin, but never upgraded to V2: this deal pretty much gave me the upgrade to V2 and the extra filter/delay plugs as well.

I tend to consider upgrades. but have pretty much not purchased anything new for about a year.

I think the longer you are around here the more you appreciate what you have got and (hopefully) become less prone to impulse purchases.

I even cancelled an order recently when I realised that I just didn't need 'more' - thankfully the dev was OK about it.

Each to their own, but it is hard to justify a constant stream of purchases - it isnt like there is anything genuinely revolutionary coming out either.

Flipper.

original flipper wrote: I tend to consider upgrades. but have pretty much not purchased anything new for about a year............

........I even cancelled an order recently when I realised that I just didn't need 'more' - thankfully the dev was OK about it.
Respect :tu:

Cold Reflection wrote:Or do you just not tell them about download purchases
I've no idea what you're talking about 8)

Cold Reflection wrote:Time to draw on the experience of the masses and fellow music addicts, how do you justify the purchases to the wife/girlfriend/live in lover?? Or do you just not tell them about download purchases :D
I used to fret about these things, but now I just say f*uckit - my money anyway.

:P

GreyLion wrote:
stimresp wrote:
GreyLion wrote:Well, crap.

I gave in and did the $60 deal for Rapture last night. I lasted a whole week.

Okay, NOW I'm done.... :oops:

Rapture for $60???!!! Where?

:hyper:

Must - spend - cash
Considering the title of this thread, I really shouldn't post this here:

https://www.kellysmusicandcomputers.com/specials.htm

:D
Well placed indeed. Thanks! Some decent deals there, even with Shipping.

SO hard to resist deals like those that have popped up lately. As busy as this time of year is for me, I didn't even had time to mess with Nitro before I was buying the FabFilter bundle.

G.A.S. sucks.....

I still want more stuff though

Funny as I said those immortal words only last night...."I now have everything I need in the studio, I'm not buying anything else" to my girlfriend.

She's only just forgiven me for buying an Eventide H8000FW, and I think I might have got away with a nice stereo channel strip... only just though.

But I'm going to give it a go and not buy any more kit for a year.

I am Emdot_Ambient and I'd like to be a gear addict.

I promise I have no money to become a gear addict.

I promise that if I had oodles of moolah, I would immediately buy THIS!
And THIS!
And THIS!
And THIS! (have samples of this, lovely)
And this (for looks if nothing else)
And THIS! (gotta love that old Soviet styling)
And this
And this
And of course THIS!
And this
And THIS!
And THIS! (un classique du genre)
And THIS! (another classique du genre)
And maybe this (bit chancy)
And obviously THIS!
And This! (don't see many of these available nowadays)
And why not one of these, too
And this (for quirky Korg's sake!)
And definitely this 'cause someone stole mine back in the 80s
And sweet mother, THIS!
And YES PLEASE!
And did I mention this?
And...I could use about 4 of these
And I suppose I could take this and this just for a bit of relaxing fun

Plus a bunch of FX units and new analog modular stuff (and a Kyma and a rack of Muse Research Receptors.

THEN, I'll swear off buying gear. I PROMISE! :D :hihi:

Cold Reflection wrote:Time to draw on the experience of the masses and fellow music addicts, how do you justify the purchases to the wife/girlfriend/live in lover?? Or do you just not tell them about download purchases :D
Always a tough one there... I'm always honest about my purchases, but now days I tend mull over my music related purchase decisions for days or weeks before buying, so she's well aware of what I'm interested in getting. This is actually is a good system for me, as I'm no longer as impulsive as before and since she's apart of my shopping experience, there's no guilt (and she's usually relieved I bought the damn thing since I'll stop talking about wanting to buy it).

The only thing is that in turn, you have to be prepared to spend the equivalent on her OR just be able to STFU (or be supportive) when she wants to spend the same.

Nielzie wrote:Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I promised myself this recently after buyng a lot of new stuff to build up a new strong arsenal, but then the FabFilter deal came across and had to buy it, then I promised again and now I have seen Sugar Bytes WOW for a good price and already PM-ed the seller :roll: Damn.. Am I an addict? :help: That darn Market Place link.. I can't resist clicking it.. :shock:
I have link to marketplace on my homepage. :help:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Ok, I bought it. Sugar Bytes WOW. Because I love the silky and phatt sounds it can make making me all warm and fuzzy inside. But from now on I MUST RESIST. :-o Otherwise, it's best to lock my up for a long while. I must be brave and say to myself no, I don't need more stuff! I need to save money for a nice vacation with my girl.

I promise I will not buy more gear. There I've said it. :roll:

Nielzie wrote:Ok, I bought it. Sugar Bytes WOW. Because I love the silky and phatt sounds it can make making me all warm and fuzzy inside. But from now on I MUST RESIST. :-o Otherwise, it's best to lock my up for a long while. I must be brave and say to myself no, I don't need more stuff! I need to save money for a nice vacation with my girl.

I promise I will not buy more gear. There I've said it. :roll:
Ok but you'll have to hand over your credit card for safe keeping. :D
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:
Nielzie wrote:Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I promised myself this recently after buyng a lot of new stuff to build up a new strong arsenal, but then the FabFilter deal came across and had to buy it, then I promised again and now I have seen Sugar Bytes WOW for a good price and already PM-ed the seller :roll: Damn.. Am I an addict? :help: That darn Market Place link.. I can't resist clicking it.. :shock:
I have link to marketplace on my homepage. :help:
Oh my God, that's like asking the devil for a dance :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”