MY Gui ;)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks guys :)

It was a simple error Aloysius, the last thing I did was place the divider rings around the knobs, unfortunately I placed em ontop of the shadows ;)

Past couple of days I've been trying to teach myself 3d, which is no mean feat lol, the learning curve is steep ;)

First attempt at a knob

Should I make it larger? lmao

EDIT:

Alernate knob...

oh fukk they iz glistenin!
:D
ImageImageImageImage

Is your Synth1 skin on page1 functional, or just a mock up?

Your page looking good. What is 'upcoming synth'?

Hey,

Synth1 never made it :( I contacted the guy when he made his major update but he wasn't interested, there's a lot I would change about that gui now ;)

Upcoming synth is a secret lol hopefully it pans out, we'll see :)

And Highkoo, "I no, rite? Hmmmm shiny :donuts: "

The specks aren't my doing, it's a problem with the render engine :(

Still making progress :)

I was gonna start a thread called 'Look at my knob' but thought better of it ;)

Still trying to up my game ;)

As per usual right click 'show/view image' or drag to new window :)

Feedback please peoples.

Damn, coming right along!
I dig it.
There are so many more issues to deal with in 3D GUI designs. I guess it comes down to texture and shadow, which are just not in a 2D design.

As 3D designs get more complex, the purity and cleanliness of the textures/hues/saturations start to look more fake as the whole design is taken in. When a design is meant to look 'real', or at least 'dimensional', eventually you have to add some dirt to some part of it to show some subtle contrast, which I spose signifies to our subconscious that these are made out of different materials, so have aged/weathered at different rates in the 'real world' that they are supposed to live in.
And that could go as far as a knob design that is meant to look like a soft rubber knob that has a little cut in it, or paint rubbing off the meters, etc.

Anyway, imo, the worst example of a fix for this is when you see a GUI with nice 3D knobs, and a half assed 'brushed metal' texture on the backplate. I hate that shit. Subtlety is the key. A texture at 5% will have an effect on the whole design.
I think your design would benefit from just a very subtle noise/texture added to just the backplate. The knob sections look good clean, but they start to get lost in the clean background. I mean, it does look like a homogeneous unit which is good, and the other extreme is that they are completely isolated in a sea of unmatched texture which is no good, but I think there is a middle ground to get to.

Theres my art school prattle. :lol:

Hey can the blue on the knobs get brighter as the value increases?
Shiiiiiieeet! 8)
ImageImageImageImage

looks fantastic!
:hug:

Love your Tyrell skins.
+1 Everything highkoo said.

Thanks guys,

Highkoo, yup you got me, I was all excited and forgot to add the noise ;)

Hopefully you can tell by the previous two (the one at the top of this page and the new camel crusher gui) that I like a bit of grit here and there. It's been a steep old hill to climb, learning 3d from scratch, it was so frustrating knowing what I wanted to do but not being able to do it but I feel like I'm getting somewhere now.

Anyways here it is again with a pinch of salt....

And also something else I've been playing around with, again it's only a rough concept and there's a lot of dead space but it's more about getting the form right at this stage, oh, and I'm claiming the name ;)

I think I should change my signature to 'drag to a new window or right click view image' lol

:tu:
Psylon - love it!

Thanks dude :)

Trying some new techniques and returning to an old theme ;)

This is actually something I'd like to see happen, I think a properly modelled distortion would go down a treat :)

Right click view image n all that

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”