What are you listening to now? Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Deccan Traps - Hypostasis

Here is what I was thinking as I listened once, from beginning to end.

[01] Flown: What a great opening Track. Take your seats. It has begun. Atmospheric. Cinematic.
[02] Dissolve: Two Chords become four when underpinned by the Synth Bass. Cool idea.
[03] Fleet: 1:24 Something is happening. Somewhere dark. Something sinnister. And back again.
[04] Dirty Pulse: 1:56 That frightening breathing sound again. I can't look at the screen. The Machines are ALIVE.
[05] Hollow: I'm thinking about The War of The Worlds at this point. Where certain sounds represent certain characters. It adds great continuity to the whole album. 2:07 It's getting dangerous (again). Beat. Industrial Cinema. A lone voice repeats something at the end.
[06] Holly End: A monster swirl. Beat. Beautiful sounds detuning. Like a whitewashed grave. Beautiful on top. Sinister underneath. This would be a complete trip if you were stoned. Bible speak. HUGE synth near end. And relax (almost).
[07] Blend: Arpeggio moving low to high. Rising up. Growing out of the ground. Love the back to nothing, beat crushed ending.
[08] Shadow Talk: No idea how you're making some of these sounds but they've very clever. Especially around the 1:54 mark. They have real life and energy to them. Like they're physically stretching.
(09) Deccan Traps - Hypostasis: The Title Track. A slight stylistic change. In context, it's lighter. An Industrial Dance. Part Two is rockin'.
[10] At The Mouth/Sanctum: Machine Pulse Heartbeat. The intro section slowly carries us up (via the beat) and down again to another location. We're approaching The Mouth by 3:00 plus. At 4:340 ish, those once regular, percussive elements , now dissolve in Tempo before returning again.

This is the first time in years that I've listened to an entire Album from beginning to end. Congratulations on your release Neil.
:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I almost always listen to whole albums rather than single tracks, and I always buy them that way. I get annoyed with artists who only release EPs and singles and remixes.

Anyway, currently listening to Tool, AEnima.

Morton Feldman - Violin and Orchestra
Carolin Widmann, violin / Frankfurt Radio Symphony Orchestra, Emilio Pomarico
No longer a moderator.

Schumann - Humoreske / Fantasiestücke
Emanuel Ax, piano
No longer a moderator.

其余的是噪音

Aloysius wrote:
Here is what I was thinking as I listened once, from beginning to end...

Congratulations on your release Neil. :tu:
thank you so much. i appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and i'm delighted you like the album :)

neil.

back to regular programming..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuM5SegWB-8

其余的是噪音

Odd Nosdam, "Level Live Wires"

A thing of beauty.

moby - bond, james bond. then "go...".

Phil Spector - Back to Mono

Bach - Concertos and Sinfonias for Oboe
Heinz Holliger, oboe, oboe d'amore / Camerata Bern / Erich Höbarth, violin, conductor
No longer a moderator.

This Mortal Coil - It'll End In Tears

great album to relax to on a fri night with a few vodkas 8)

Great plan!

This Mortal Coil - Kangaroo

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”