Bitwig Studio [Certified Official Thread!] - with cats, and INFO!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

I for one really hope Bitwig isn't vaporware, and I hope they implement a waling cat VST.

Noticed a few interesting things I hadn't seen before when I watched this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oohJkiwkhA8

-Group Tracks: Wasn't sure if they had them. Thankfully they are there and they also apparently have a record enable button. Does this mean you can record enable all the tracks within a group track simultaneously by hitting that? I've wanted this in Live for some time.

-Return tracks have clips too! I've wanted this for a while in Live too. What's with all that wasted space in Live's return track columns in Session view...

-The reverb actually sounds good. Would be nice to have a host reverb I actually use. Not that I'm wanting for reverbs...

Something I don't understand the GUI of is the FM-4. I don't see how a 4 operator synth can have such a simple parameter set...

Has anyone mentioned the fact that since they worked for ableton, and since it's so similar there might be some legal issues?

hibidy wrote:Has anyone mentioned the fact that since they worked for ableton, and since it's so similar there might be some legal issues?
I'm pretty sure that no-one have thought of this yet. I think that this is a very important issue to discuss for us, as we totally unrelated to it. We could come to some incredible conclusions here. Or even generate some really great advices for corporate lawyers.
Last edited by Loki Fuego on Tue May 21, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

The two remaining Ableton programmers were shocked. How could their fellow programmers abandon them and do this to them? "They have a session view too!", angrily proclaimed Ben, the head programming engineer for Ableton. "We MUST do something to stop them, before it is too late, and the war is lost. They might win this battle, but we CANNOT lose the war!"

Ben and his friend Benji (the only other Ableton programmer left) scurried to implement the arrange view and the session view in the same window. There was only one problem, their code was a mess because nobody at Ableton paid attention in their college programming courses. Plus, all the spoiled snotty wanna-be shit-steppers wanted a new version, NOW!

Ableton 9 was then released with a dull grey skin to make it more Pro and a new library featuring poorly sampled guitars and basses that nobody wanted anyway. "This will buy us time, this will get us back to the pioneers of shit-step looping," said Benji as he put together a crappy diddly in his most recent Live set.

Little did Bitwig know, Ableton had something up their sleeves, something Bitwig never saw coming. A DISCO SKIN! To make it look more like Bitwig Studio! The four Bitwig programmers were dismayed and contemplated suicide for days as everyone on KVR screamed, "Vaporware! Vaporware! Vaporware!"

Most recently, to put the nail in the coffin, Bitwig was hit by a 900 million dollar Class-A lawsuit by Ben Salazar and Benji Greene, as well as the other generous employees at Ableton.

*Story Originally Reported By Anderson Cooper

Loki Fuego wrote:
hibidy wrote:Has anyone mentioned the fact that since they worked for ableton, and since it's so similar there might be some legal issues?
I'm pretty sure that no-one have thought of this yet. I think that this is a very important issue to discuss for us, as we totally unrelated to it. We could come to some incredible conclusions here. Or even generate some really great advices for corporate lawyers.
Priceless! :lol:

:roll:

I just knew that someone was going to bring up the 'legal issue :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

daExpert wrote:
Little did Bitwig know, Ableton had something up their sleeves, something Bitwig never saw coming. A DISCO SKIN!
:lol:

Alrighty then! Sorry I brought it up. :x Sheesh!

daExpert wrote:Image
Yoda is not looking so well these days. :P

@wailing cat vst, maybe the guys behind delay lama could get on that, they could even implement a cat mood algorithm that responds to your music. :idea:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

hibidy wrote:Alrighty then! Sorry I brought it up. :x Sheesh!
Don't be so hard on yourself...if you did not throw that in I would have... :help:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

The WitBig conspiracy is revealed and all ulterior motives are exposed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Truly a diabolical scheme :dog:

Financial solvency and KVR Mix as well as oil and water.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”