Bitwig Studio [Certified Official Thread!] - with cats, and INFO!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Since I got the Bitwig thread locked I figured I should at least attempt to make a home for more random speculation about the either perfectness of the future BWS beta or it's complete lack of features we don't know about yet. :hihi:
Last edited by machinesworking on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Apparently, it won't have cup holders.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Or cats obviously. At least not "needlessly creepy" cats.
Hitchock cats best be leaving KVR alone! :lol:
I'm sure every feature they say it has will be horribly buggy or save my life?

Just a quick repost from the Ableton forums,(don't worry this time it's not a scene from a 50 year old horror movie!), since it's the only semi official reply to the Bitwig announcement from Ableton I've seen:

CarlSeleborg wrote:Hi Leipies,

It seems to me that we're not doing anything differently than Bitwig. Just like them, we spend a lot of time working on the next version (the first in their case), and when we feel we're ready, we announce it and then it takes a little while before the actual release. For 3 years, Bitwig said no word about what their software would do, just like Ableton has always done. I see little difference here!

Believe me, we're not asleep! A lot of us would just love to tell you guys about Live 9, because it will be a kick-ass release. It's a little frustrating for us as well, but that's the game. On the other hand, Bitwig just announced their software, which they've been working hard on for a long time, so it's only fair that they get their share of attention now.

However you're right on one point: we do welcome competition! We've been sitting alone in our market segment for a very long time, and there's nothing better than competition to wake you up and release the good creative energy, and boy do we have that in store! We're very much looking forward to competing on features, user benefit and innovation, but please bear with us if we choose not to play the Internet-buzz game, because it's not in our values and we're working hard on stuff that matters instead.

Let's wait for Bitwig Studio to be released, and may the best product win!

Carl
carl.seleborg@ableton.com

i gotta give 'em credit for a direct comment to the community.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:i gotta give 'em credit for a direct comment to the community.
Sure it only took them about 30 threads on their forums about Bitwig to finally say something! :hihi:

machinesworking wrote:Or cats obviously. At least not "needlessly creepy" cats.
Inspired by these threads, my next cat will be called Bitwig :hihi:
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

Ian B wrote:
machinesworking wrote:Or cats obviously. At least not "needlessly creepy" cats.
Inspired by these threads, my next cat will be called Bitwig :hihi:
Inspired by your post, my next cat will be called Earwig :lol:

miedex

Sir that was needlessly creepy! I am a sensitive artist, I will not be able to create my next Ambient piece without randomly interjecting Death Metal riffs into it now! :tantrum:

Eternitysound VST Banks

Without cats this thread is heading to disaster.

CarlSeleborg wrote:We've been sitting alone in our market segment for a very long time
which segment would that be :?:

----- I made a post boo-boo :P pls move along.
Eternitysound VST Banks

Live-performance-oriented sequencers, I guess. They're not exactly completely alone, though, but they're certainly the biggest player there.
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

GeorgeZ wrote:Image
LOL :D

:lol: George, Nice one mate

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”