Bitwig Studio [Certified Official Thread!] - with cats, and INFO!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

A month's time off for Lockheart. Posting photos of corpses, animal or human, is utterly unacceptable.

I wonder if the Bitwigs will be exhibiting Bitwig Studio at the upcoming Musicmesse Show (April 10 - 13) ?

Would love to see some new feature videos of Bitwig Studio.

Hopefully they will release Bitwig Studio this Summer.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

And ..... Here is the Cat :)

Is anyone actually starting to believe Bitwig won't be released in 2013?

I am.
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

I think they still will release in 2013.. it is only late March right now.. I'm still sticking with August/September release time at the latest.

Maybe During/Before the summer NAMM conference which is July 11-13 would be an interesting time. But I think they'll miss that window and have it out late summer, early fall... judging by what they said they have completed and, more importantly, still need to add.

I hope they have a healthy discount (30 percent or more) for waiting so long too :hihi:

I feel October, or this going slightly into 2014. Wow, what a fun time at KVR that would be.

But it is still entirely possible... something like June.
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

First day of fall/autumn in the northern hemisphere (in which they are located) is September 22.. and they said their current target is Summer. Therefore, They have a little under 177 days left to get this sucker released. :hihi:

schnapsglas wrote:Is anyone actually starting to believe Bitwig won't be released in 2013?

I am.
Starting? The guy didn't say it WILL be released in june, right? It's tentative I think.

I won't ever get it because I get a creepy feeling about the devs, but more power to 'em. Hell, I don't even care about the cats anymore :evil:

hibidy wrote:
I won't ever get it because I get a creepy feeling about the devs, but more power to 'em. Hell, I don't even care about the cats anymore :evil:
Their Facebook page gives a completely different feeling...
Last edited by pc999 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Can you fix that quote, it was me who said that, schnapsglas didn't have anything to do with it.

I don't care what their facebook page says. I don't like them. They want the cat infestation to go, make the software. It's simple really.

So lolz, I just heard that they are thinking end of the year? Hilarious if true.

But hey, keep dreaming the dream :hihi:

IMO hating on vaporware is even weirder than loving it?

These guys are all proven programmers of software, it's going to come out.
Even though it makes for people being antsy, I would rather they iron out as many bugs as they can before releasing.
No Native Instruments from 5 years ago routine of releasing things to get beta testers to pay to have the honor to test their software for me anymore please. :x

All jokes (and cats) aside, it does seem to have crossed over the point of ... erhm ... well... (being nice) "unusual". :)

It may turn out to be a really great product when it's released but any management team who apparently so completely and widely misjudges their own expected release date are (as a practical matter) maybe questionable managers. How long has this gone on for now?

Note: To clarify, it would seem that few would intentionally announce and publicly promote something that wouldn't be ready for 18 months, so with that in mind, I think someone maybe misjudged something somewhere.

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it... although DP8 Windows is mounting a serious challenge. :lol:

when it's out, everything will be forgotten (and forgiven, if you like), even the cats. :party: :hyper: :phew:
"It dreamed itself along"

If there is one thing developers are great at, it's mis-judging the time required to finish something. The standard devleoper joke (but not really a joke) when asked to estimate how long a project or feature will take is:

Think of a time and double it.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

machinesworking wrote:IMO hating on vaporware is even weirder than loving it?

These guys are all proven programmers of software, it's going to come out.
Even though it makes for people being antsy, I would rather they iron out as many bugs as they can before releasing.
No Native Instruments from 5 years ago routine of releasing things to get beta testers to pay to have the honor to test their software for me anymore please. :x

They are not just ironing our bugs, but also still coding functionality intended to be in v1.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”