Bitwig Studio [Certified Official Thread!] - with cats, and INFO!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Hey!
Back to Bitwig please!
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

take is to the other thread :uhuhuh:

Here, this one is better.

according to the kvr eula,i pretty much doubt it is even legal to post that much of cat pics.

:shrug:

i mean,do you guys have permissions?

I don't have a mac

hibidy wrote:take is to the other thread :uhuhuh:

Here, this one is better.

Can't find it. :oops:

Anyway aharu, why so serious?

I guess I'm just grumpy cause Bitwig announced the dreamsoftware way too early, and I take out all my rage on ya'll guys. Sry

[img]http://s11.postimage.org/dxgm3h9ur/cat.jpg[/img]

I have no idea how you guys paste your pics here...I'm a loser.

aharu wrote:I guess I'm just grumpy cause Bitwig announced the dreamsoftware way too early, and I take out all my rage on ya'll guys. Sry

There you go. :)

Must be your post count.

hibidy wrote:
dalor wrote:There is no official bitwig forum anywhere yet. Why do you think we fill this empty space with Lolcats?
People like that don't want to hear that. They have bitwig posters up all over around their bunkbeds just hoping for that magic day when they say "moooooom, I want a bitwig!"

I told all you cat haters to go have your stupid bitwig thread w/o cats and then you could talk about it seriously........seriously I think someone did. Go over there, and leave our pussy's alone!
"It dreamed itself along"

aharu wrote:I guess I'm just grumpy cause Bitwig announced the dreamsoftware way too early, and I take out all my rage on ya'll guys. Sry

This one's for you then. Image

I thought it would have been here by now, must be some big bugs to squash! Plenty of other toys anyway, so much good stuff around these days we're spoilt for choice. :)

Alright, here's something serious. Everyone here has been waiting for bitwig. Like I said, what I'm p/o'ed about are two things: a) bitwig has released photos for what like 2 years now? and the EARLIEST it will be available is June. That's not saying it IS going to be available June, that is the EARLIEST. b) people that get bent over the cat pics.

I'll say it again, if this thread gets locked, you'll not have to worry about it at least from me. There was another thread that was supposed to be a "serious" biwig thread. What happened? I wouldn't know because I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole but I'm guessing it didn't go on because there is NOTHING left the talk about ;) When there is a bitwig, we can seriously talk about bitwig.

hibidy wrote:
dalor wrote:There is no official bitwig forum anywhere yet. Why do you think we fill this empty space with Lolcats?
People like that don't want to hear that. They have bitwig posters up all over around their bunkbeds just hoping for that magic day when they say "moooooom, I want a bitwig!"

I told all you cat haters to go have your stupid bitwig thread w/o cats and then you could talk about it seriously........seriously I think someone did. Go over there, and leave our pussy's alone!
Ouch! :hihi:

OzWozEre wrote:
Ouch! :hihi:
Don't you mean "Meowwwch" :hihi:

Happy musiking!
dsan

There is a lot of info in their FB page!

http://www.facebook.com/bitwig?fref=ts

Just go to the comments!

A few of them
Frantz Kb
Hi,
Will Bitwig Studio allow multiple takes, like in Cockos Reaper ? That feature is missing in Ableton Live, and it would make us work faster ;)
Gosto · · Segunda-feira às 13:59

Bitwig No, sorry, this is something we want to concentrate on getting it right in upcoming version after 1.0. For 1.0 there are more basic features that it should ship with that are more important.
Will there be free assignable Macro Knobs like Ableton Macros?
Gosto · · Segunda-feira às 10:51

Bitwig Yes, even more free
Jacob Vintr
I haven't seen any screenshots of named piano roll notes (for drum sequencing). Perhaps with the option to save these for VSTi presets so Bitwig remembers it when reloading that instrument (such as a drum kit in Kontakt).

Actually, why not have the option to make custom notes so you could group notes into one name label. You could have a series of chords or just the notes you want to work with.

I really like the ability to Group Clips (in grouped tracks) in Ableton so you can create layers of clips that can be folded into just one master clip...will Bitwig have this?

Also, will there be MIDI effects like Chord, Scale, Arpeggiator and Pitch in Ableton?
Gosto · · 17/2 às 20:33 perto de Toronto

Marco Mitchum chord scale and arp nice.
Segunda-feira às 17:53 · Gosto

Bitwig Piano roll renaming is something for upcoming versions, thanks for submitting that! There will also be midi effects, as stated in a comment below, but it is not 100% clear how many of them will be in version 1.0 and which will come later.
Guys how will tempo change work in bitwig? That is, will ther be an ableton style 'warp' or a straight tempo shift?
Gosto · · 15/2 às 20:02

Bitwig "Warp style" Just as explained here http://bitwig.com/bitwig-studio
Tommy Moon
Sup Wiggerz? I have a question which is relevant for the filmscoring community since we often use templates with 100+ tracks and need to keep things organized. So, does Bitwig offer ways and means to group several (Midi)tracks into folders like Cubase does? Greetings
Gosto · · 15/2 às 3:38

Bitwig It looks like grouping tracks might be already in version 1.0, not only useful for scoring but all kinds of bigger projects.
Christoph Söhngen
And another "Will there be"... SysEx support in BW Studio?
Gosto · · 13/2 às 18:34
Sean Lindsay Davidson gosta disto.

Bitwig There's full SysEx support regarding the scripting API and controllers etc. but you can record SysEx into a track, if you mean this.
Michael Scott
Will there be midi effects, like random, pitch, scale and chord?
Gosto · · 13/2 às 15:27

Bitwig Yes, there will be devices to affect mid before sending it to other devices.
Vice Verser
Will there be some powerful sample chopping features in Bitwig? Or will there be the possibility of patching it somehow with the 2.0 modular workflow?
I'm talking about features like (Another un-named crash prone applications) Slice to midi which chops the sample by transient, or beat, or warp marker?
This is a major top of the wishlist for me :)
Fingers crossed.
BTW Love what i've seen so far guys, well done ;)
Gosto · · 11/2 às 23:53 perto de Sydney

Bitwig Version 1.0 already offers audio clips that can hold multiple audio regions and you can chop things and rearrange them within one clip as the base for upcoming features. Automatic sample chopping is already one of the most prominent points on the wishlist for upcoming versions, esp. because of the popular mpc-style beatchopping workflow, but it just didn't make it into the feature set of the initial release.
Marco Mitchum
Please answer me these questions.are there a shadow of the frequency spectrum in real time behind the EQ curve?Are there effects like Abletons Graindelay, Resonator or Corbus?Can I create before and after the FX Layer Tool effects too?
Gosto · · 10/2 às 17:47

Bitwig In version one there is no spectrum behind the EQ curve. Grain Delay, Resonator and Corpus are unique Ableton Effects and yes, you can put effects before and after the FX layer.
Adrian Wong
Will you have mousewheel support? (both horizontal and vertical zoom and also scroll)
Gosto · · 6/2 às 14:12

Bitwig Yes, the mousewheel is used to scroll and clicking it is used for zooming.

Matt Fagan
I'm hoping that I'll be able to use my QuNeo and/or my APC 40 with Bitwig once it's released.
Gosto · · 5/2 às 1:38
David DeBaecke gosta disto.

Bitwig We met the Keith McMillen crew during Namm (cool guys, btw!) and got a QuNeo from them, so it is very likely that we will deliver a script for it with version 1.0! In the end, just any company or user will be able to script functionality for just any midi controller using our Javascrip API!
And more on

http://www.facebook.com/bitwig?fref=ts

No need for cats!!!

Sup Wiggerz!
Oh lordy, I hope this doesn't become a trend.

:o :-o :shock: :( :cry: :hihi:

It will if you keep mentioning it..

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”