Bitwig Studio [Certified Official Thread!] - with cats, and INFO!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Haha.. Actually that gives me a Bitwig slogan -- Tiers or Tears. :cry:

:hihi:

That is, unless they want to price it under 200.

dsan@mail.com wrote:
EnGee wrote:But why they must be more expensive than Logic?

Nah! IMO it is just a matter of time and the prices will drop and the most expensive DAW will be while the average price for a synth will be to :D
(I just hope it is not after a decade!)
First, Logic was NOT always this inexpensive. When I bought Pro 7 I paid around if memory serves proper. My upgrade to Pro 8 was

I totally agree with your sentiments of wanting lower prices but I seriously doubt this will happen; anytime soon anyway.

I understand R&D and its costs and I expect to pay a fair price for a quality piece of software. But I feel it has gotten out of hand.

I think some developers really do not want their software in the hands of just any musician or should I say hobbiest. This is an elitist attitude and actually costs them, but this is their business model and I respect that.

I'm in sales and prefer a model of lower price and more sales equals more money in the till.

Just my opinion and yours may vary. :)

Happy musiking!
dsan
I totally agree with the more sales, lower price sense. But, unless a typo for something i can't figure out, what does "till" mean? (it means "to" in swedish, so i KNOW what it means, but in this case .. in english etc... :D)

An additional good reason for low prices is that you're less likely to resell it. I was selling a few synths for the first time and i only took those that would bring most money per sale. The cheaper ones i thought that the buyer could just buy directly from the developer and it was not worth the trouble it is to go through with a sale.
Last edited by Crackbaby on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:hug:

VitaminD wrote:Tiers

VitaminD wrote:or Tears.
"It dreamed itself along"

@Crackbaby - A cash register also referred to as a till is a mechanical or electronic device for calculating and recording sales transactions, and an attached cash drawer for storing cash. (as excerp from Wikipedia).

In a sense, your Swedish till would be to place the money "to" your pocket :hihi:

In America, till is also a contraction for "until" as in "The prices won't come down till the cow jumps the moon :lol:

EDIT: Scratch that - I meant to say when Cats Fly! (Hibidy, Mellotronaut - do your magic here!!)
:D
Happy musiking!
dsan

mellotronaut, precisely. :lol:

ty dsan for clarification :)

dsan@mail.com wrote:Cat's Fly!
dsan@mail.com wrote:Scratch

dsan@mail.com wrote: Mellotronaut - do your magic here!!)

:shock: :oops:

"don't scratch your face with broken glass like i did"

dsan@mail.com wrote:
I think some developers really do not want their software in the hands of just any musician or should I say hobbiest. This is an elitist attitude and actually costs them, but this is their business model and I respect that.

dsan
Maybe you are right.

Maybe they think that their if statements and while loops are so musically inspired.
Maybe I will try to enter someone's mind :lol:

Start of LSD Session:
"Oh! wait! just see that if statement! how elegant it is, do you feel the rhythm? Oh this code is so special, it is almost written by god, yeh!
Those silly pop stars think they are the only gods! While the real gods are sitting behind their desks weaving and creating all these synthsphers and hostwigs.

We are the gods must only allow the gods or semi gods like us to touch our software. Come my 'god' friends and join me in my kingdom. Let's sing and play like we 'did' in Olympus. :harp:

Who is that?!! Who let you in?!! What?? What hobby?!
What?!! you want my synth for $50?!! you beggar! go away human! Fu** you! .."
End of the session :?

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

good one!

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeH0i-M0tC0

supposedly a newish bitwig clip, suppose I should watch it first,
but I'll risk it... 8)

OK, it's a Namm Bitwig interview...150 meg mp4

Old!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”