The worst plugin names EVA thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Magma
Circle

=)

I can explain the second sentence!

It's ok for some people to make unacceptable comments and not ok for others! For one it's "please, you are offended by that?" and for others it's a ban or a lock.

Sorry, but I for one have grown tired at my old age of trying to keep up :evil:

^^ I agree Hibidy.

TBH, Michael just sounds like an immature twat (nothing against immature twats!).

:lol:

But, since we've gone there, look at sevenstring.org. There are SO MANY emoticons that absolutely make that ok. Again, it's ok for some, not ok for others.

Can I say that.. I check this thread before naming anything..

hibidy and Doug, surely you know by now that moderators don't see every post. It doesn't take appreciably more energy to notify a moderator than it does to post in a thread.

Anyway, I've warned Michael1985.
No longer a moderator.

Ken McLaren wrote:Can I say that.. I check this thread before naming anything..
haha! Some of the more interesting names have been somewhere in the past from a certain someone :hihi:

D.H. Miltz wrote:hibidy and Doug, surely you know by now that moderators don't see every post. It doesn't take appreciably more energy to notify a moderator than it does to post in a thread.

Anyway, I've warned Michael1985.
TBF, it's not like I've never said anything wrong. I guess that considering the history with things in the past, I don't really know what to say. "This is wrong", that "is ok" and it seems to vary from situation to situation. So forgive my forwardness. I guess this should get a thread split too :oops:

Aloysius wrote:Shioitor
Nithonat
Nepethon
Phoscyon
I wanted to mention those before I saw you allready had. What do those names even mean? And they sound so fancy, the huge disappointment that they're just slightly upgraded emulations of eighties hardware and not the fascinating experimental tools one might expect... :( Oh well, such things kill off GAS for a little while as at least for me it makes me loose interest in looking closer at plugins I've never heard of for a while...

hibidy wrote:
Ken McLaren wrote:Can I say that.. I check this thread before naming anything..
haha! Some of the more interesting names have been somewhere in the past from a certain someone :hihi:
Yeah the preampus guitar amp plug line had a few names that didn't make it to this list. (Although they should have) :)

The Dick Head
The Meat Head
The Gimme Head, now that one someone should have been nominated here...
haha

Well, but we like you :D

Do you understand these names?

U-he = Urs Heckmann
DIVA = Dinosaur Impersonating Virtual Analogue
ACE = Any Cable Anywhere
Uhbik = brilliant play on Uhe and ubiquitous

Well of course, you have understood... but forgot to mention Uhbik is primarily an allusion to Philip K Dick's novel Ubik (of which name is evocating ubiquity).

to come back to the subject, heard with my french ears, DSK sounds pretty funny, I don't think of a plug-in at first (whilst I do in too often, whatever the subject...). If I were to release some drum kits for it, I would probably name the extension : The Sofitel Suite.

hibidy wrote:Well, but we like you :D

Aww shucks, kinda gives you a warm fuzzy..
:)
8)

Doug1978(tempID) wrote:
Michael1985 wrote:The meaning doesnt matter, the sound is what counts in this thread!
DIVA sounds just gay.(nothing against gay people!)
ACE reminds me of a healthy multi vitamin drink which has the same name.

Please can you explain your second sentence? (in bold)
yea if that's the kind of reasoning you go with in life...

Well, I wasn't a big hit with my brother when I said I was buying my nephew ACID for his birthday a few years back! :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”