When is enough 'enough'?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

you should see how they react to having a bunch of choices of jam. utter chaos.
Well personally I think it's obvious that peanut butter works far better as a choice of jam. Not only do I have to defend my comparison of oranges vs apples, it seems that at KvR, there's even a limit to how many fruits I have in my nut spread. :x

I demand my playing field be dug up and unlevelled. :box:
Last edited by kritikon on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

lemon curd.

Meyer or Neapolitan?

8)
Last edited by goldenanalog on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

goldenanalog wrote:Perhaps this article would be of value to some here:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul12/a ... t-0712.htm
?
doesnt mention any toast related spreads.

vurt wrote:
goldenanalog wrote:Perhaps this article would be of value to some here:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul12/a ... t-0712.htm
?
doesnt mention any toast related spreads.
:hihi:
Last edited by goldenanalog on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zerocrossing wrote:This thread again? :lol:

What's fascinating to me is how uptight people can get about having a bunch of software options...
You know how much I hate options :hihi: Lately though when it comes to software a new option seems to be emerging...install it now or wait until I need it :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Thought I'd revisit this a few months on.

Some changes have happened. Managed to get rid of a LOAD and my new focussed approach is so much more satisfying for me. I don't spend as much time wondering and toying...actually committing to stuff is inspiring.

I cleared the lot out. Even things that I had but not installed/used anymore.

What's gone:

Logic Studio 2
Propellerhead Reason
Propellerhead Reason Adapted
Steinberg Cubase Sx2
Steinberg Cubase LE4.
Novation Launchpad
Novation Nocturn
Novation Bass Station
Novation V Station
Akai MPK 49
CDJ's
Battery 3 (although I still have this as part of Komplete)

I'm now down to then:

Ableton Suite8
Yamaha CS1x Synth & Keyboard.
NI Maschine
NI Traktor S2 & 2x F1.
NI Komplete Ultimate.
Ni Driver (This was a freebie in all fairness)
DCAM Synth Squad (Nice, but not really needed. The transfer fee makes it pointless me for me to sell though)
DCAM Etch
Cakewalk Z3ta 2 (Nostalgic buy. But at £8 that I managed to buy it for. I can't complain, even though CW synths become NFR)
Big Tick Rhino (Capable, but again not really needed. But I did buy it on the AM offer. Can't grumble then)
Nomad BBE Sonic Suite (Regret this. Nomad's support is non-existent and it's kinda cool sounding in small doses...but not worth £50 like I paid :shock: )

For me, that's still quite a lot (mainly because of how much content is in Komplete Ultimate). This year I've said I'll limit myself to Suite9, with either a 2nd hand APC40 or maybe go for a Push depending on how it performs and my finances. I'd like to swap up to an S4 as well, the S2 is ok (i've used it's midi mode to mirror the standard controls for decks C + D) but it's not ideal.

No more instruments (soft or hard ware), no more samples or content packs, I'm determined to stick with Ableton for Production & Traktor for DJ-ing.

If you were wondering what I did with the money from my sell up. 2 weeks in Cuba......

:D

n/m, just repeating myself.

hibidy wrote:n/m, just repeating myself.
I know exactly what you mean. Gotta love it here.
Cowbells!

when i have collected ALL the plugins, i will look down upon you puny earthlings and i will laugh at you and you will cry and i will be nourished by your tears.

I keep realizing over and over like many times in life... less is sometimes more.

For me it is more fun knowing how to use something and get what I want rather than having to learn something new all over again.

I have Komplete 7 and a handful of other stuff... and it is just too much to digest thoroughly.

Some things I have collected/purchased, I just cannot get rid of due to license transfer policies... which also sucks. So i feel obligated in some way to install them, although I do not use them. Just to justify the expense. :P

I think though what it is for me... when I seem to go into a period of "no inspiration", I begin looking for another synth or something that will inspire me. However, if I just sat down and starting going through what I have and learning it... I would probably stumble upon inspiration and save myself $50-100.

... now what was I on KVR for again? Oh yeah... the bargains! :P

It just so happens that right now, as of really recently, for the first time in my 10 years as a bedroom producer/engineer I'm happy with what I own and no longer crave instruments and plugs that I don't have.

I think I just finally 'clicked' as a singer/songwriter/producer (most importantly as a songwriter) after that everything else (what compressor I use, what synth' I use and so on) just became way less important to the point where I'll just grab whatever and make it work, I think what I'm trying to say, is that I'm finally good enough so that every step (song-writing to mixing) has become instinctual and is no longer 'hard work' to get what I want I suppose.

debra1rlo wrote:when i have collected ALL the plugins, i will look down upon you puny earthlings and i will laugh at you and you will cry and i will be nourished by your tears.
:D

vaisnava wrote: Some things I have collected/purchased, I just cannot get rid of due to license transfer policies... which also sucks. So i feel obligated in some way to install them, although I do not use them. Just to justify the expense. :P
That is the truth right there! :roll:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”