Where have all the flamewars gone?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is happening to KVR? Everyday I check it out only to find decent, friendly and rational posts. Where are all the PC versus MAC flame wars, analog versus digital flamewars, piracy flame wars, dongle flame wars, best synth for whatever flame wars, Reason RE flame wars, Propellerhead world conspiracy flame wars, Reaper versus whatever flame wars, Orion versus whatever flamewars??? And where have all the trolls and dramaqueens gone?

I look up Meffy's last posts just to find out that they are filled with kind advices and no closing ban-hammer statements. WTF?

Has KVR become a retirement home filled with twitching old castrates?

I really miss the good old days where a man was a jerk and a friend a newbie.

Come on guys, though many of us are 40+ we are not THAT old yet.

Show some balls you medicated old zombies!

Cheers

screw you!

vurt wrote:screw you!
Thanks mate. That will do for a start but still.....

Macs are PCs so no need to argue that anymore.
Theres so many DAWS its no longer Cubase v Logic.
There are more amatuers involved than 'pros', pros love to throw their knowledge around and argue.
Amatuers are generally undereducated in the realm of digital audio so cant argue.

There you go, a couple of contentious points to argue over :P
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Well, they're not really gone - the flame wars, I mean. I remember things like "Why do professional musicians don't use Macs anymore?" - that fairly recent thread was not exactly full of nice and decent comments... :hihi: The "dongle"-discussion comes up from time to time as well, and "Warez" also is a flammable topic here and there. With a bit of searching some remains of the "Is it better to record in 24bit/96kHz?" can be found as well.

Apart from that ... I don't know. It is still possible to ignite a thread with something like "Aren't Macs out-dated?" or ... "Why does Omnisphere limit my creativity so much?", or "Why isn't there a REALLY decent soundbank for u-he Zebra?", "How can someone be so stupid as to sell Alchemy?" etc.

The main point of a flame war is to criticize or at least question some people's fundamental opinions, or to suggest that something they really like (and have paid a fair amount of money for) is crap. Moderate insults in the direction of developers whom many people like will also work in most cases... :)

But: At the heart of most flame-wars there's either prejudice or stupidity, and too much spare time on the side of the participants. Maybe the community - which surely has grown older in average - has become wiser/more occupied with other things adults tend to spend their time with (like children, job etc.).

Anyway, why don't you start your own flame thread instead of wasting my precious time with this nonsense, you nasty little (probably-warez-using) dongle-loving out-of-date-Mac user!?

ppppffft.

I'ma ready for a good old fashioned verbal kung fu thread....is this one of them there threads? :hihi: :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

:zzz:

Everyone stoking the fire went to futureproducers. :hihi:

"Futureproducers, the yahoo answers of the music forum world" :wink:
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

IncarnateX wrote:What is happening to KVR? Everyday I check it out only to find decent, friendly and rational posts. Where are all the PC versus MAC flame wars, analog versus digital flamewars, piracy flame wars, dongle flame wars, best synth for whatever flame wars, Reason RE flame wars, Propellerhead world conspiracy flame wars, Reaper versus whatever flame wars, Orion versus whatever flamewars??? And where have all the trolls and dramaqueens gone?

I look up Meffy's last posts just to find out that they are filled with kind advices and no closing ban-hammer statements. WTF?

Has KVR become a retirement home filled with twitching old castrates?

I really miss the good old days where a man was a jerk and a friend a newbie.

Come on guys, though many of us are 40+ we are not THAT old yet.

Show some balls you medicated old zombies!

You seem to think being old is a bad thing and being young and aggressive is a positive.

Your views are interesting. I think you may need to visit a doctor and discuss with them your desire for aggression.

modern and yet more powerful. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf_IIbT8HGk

streifentier wrote:
The main point of a flame war is to criticize or at least question some people's fundamental opinions, or to suggest that something they really like (and have paid a fair amount of money for) is crap.
What? :?

The point of having a flame war is having a flame war. Nothing more and certainly nothing less.

VitaminD wrote: I think you may need to visit a doctor and discuss with them your desire for aggression.
I AM such kind of "doctor" mate! :)

IncarnateX wrote:
streifentier wrote:
The main point of a flame war is to criticize or at least question some people's fundamental opinions, or to suggest that something they really like (and have paid a fair amount of money for) is crap.

The point of having a flame war is having a flame war. Nothing more and certainly nothing less.
AND....let the flame wars commence.... :help: :hihi: :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

IncarnateX wrote:
streifentier wrote:

Well, that was a misunderstanding due to my improper English... I didn't mean that what I wrote was "the point" of a flame war, but that it is a good method to start one ...

trimph1 wrote:AND....let the flame wars commence.... :help: :hihi: :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”