I still love ACID HOUSE!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nielzie wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GORuTT30NqM

Back in the days when I was a little kid and heard that song for the first time on a cassette tape of my sister, I was like : "WTF?! :shock: This is pretty cool stuff! 8) "

Man, I'm old..
great song.

dw

@dw - was there a specific track that prompted this thread? Or were you just high? :lol:
... space is the place ...

I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:@dw - was there a specific track that prompted this thread? Or were you just high? :lol:
I'm working on a nosing for my upcoming EP, and I through some 303 acid in the chorus, and it sounded great.

Plus I had a few beers in me :)

dw

dusted william wrote:I'm working on a nosing for my upcoming EP, and I through some 303 acid in the chorus, and it sounded great.
I :love: it when that happens!! :)

dusted william wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:Electro - 80's

Prog House - 90's

You're still old ;)

Fidget - OK you're off the hook for now.
electro is 80s, but electro house is easily 2005 and onward.

Modern Prog house 2009...
Yeah, but you said prog house, not modern prog house, I think that we both know that goes back a bit further than 2009!

speaking of which, I wonder what is the up and coming EDM style of music.

man I am old!

dw
We are in a "non-groove" phase with the current crop of fist-pumping short attention span music that isn't really danceable, the tempo is all wrong. There appears to be an influence of house and acid on American rap music and house seems to be making something of a comeback in the U.K. I predict a return to organic groovy house driven by indie-rock vocalists.

Ok, really, I have no idea, this is pure wishful thinking.

Worst. Rave. Toy. Ever. :hihi:

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Image

I disagree, I like em.

See, I just don't get genre's at all. I mean to me, this just sounds like dance stuff. I don't understand what makes it "acid" :shrug: (but I'd like to know :) )

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Image

Oooh.... that brings back memories! :lol:
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Im still waiting for the music to start all I hear is this loud banging and thumps and thwiping and pew pews and swooshing

acid is more like an ehheww ehheww or a uhhhonng uhhonng

I further more would like to state that this current batch of ahhemm "electro house" music (I will be tactful not to mention names) that is getting all the buzz reminds me of when Limpbizkit and all that angsty white hip-hop rock hybrid garbage took over the radio at the turn of the century - It made my last high school year very unpleasant but then I found Progressive house ahhh oohh shit :D this rant is over :band:

I've adored Acid House since 1988!
In fact, I love it so much that I had to bring it back myself since no one else will :hihi:
http://soundcloud.com/kbeesmusic/k-bee- ... acid-house

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”