Best Brian Eno Album

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:Low.
Got to agree with that. By far the best Bowie album too IMO.

shanecgriffo wrote:(snip)
4th world possible musics- w/Jon hassell
+1 to this. The percussion on this is bloody astounding.

Dream Theory in Malaysia (full cd)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaC-stgdcuc

music for films. one of my all time favourite electronic music albums

And if we're talking collabs - Eno's hand looms so large over this production and with Laurie Anderson's story... perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0usLzJcYRw
Last edited by SODDI on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not solely his, but My Life In the Bush of Ghosts is still stunning in it's use of found sound and to hear some of the hottest prog of the era players getting FUNKY!

Another Green World is also a great ALBUM, a sadly lost art these days...

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

I don't know about best but my personal faves-
Album - Here Come The Warm Jets
Collaboration - My Life In A Bush of Ghosts
Production etc - Laid by James

I've listened to Another Green World perhaps a thousand times, I still hear new things and never get sick of it. Pacing and variety are remarkable, and the almost complete absence of cymbals leaves a lot of sonic space. Also extremely fond of:
- Apollo
- On Land
- Another Day on Earth
- Neroli
- Everything that Happens Will Happen Today (w/ David Byrne)
...and all his classic production work with U2, Bowie, James, Ultravox, Devo, Talking Heads, and Harold Budd.

I'm also very thankful that he brought Daniel Lanois into the public consciousness. Only album of Eno's I think sorta stinks is Nerve Net--sounds dated, but still worth a listen.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Before and After Science
On Land
Low
Another Green World
The Pearl

I mean, you could just go on and on.

I couldn't easily digest Brian Eno's new album, ForeverAndEverNoMore. Every track had drone-y singing which kind of irritated me. If there was a way to separate the vocals from the music, I'd do that, otherwise ForeverAndEverNoMore is a one-listen only album like Sting's latest, The Bridge.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Boy Wonder wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:40 am I couldn't easily digest Brian Eno's new album, ForeverAndEverNoMore. Every track had drone-y singing which kind of irritated me. If there was a way to separate the vocals from the music, I'd do that, otherwise ForeverAndEverNoMore is a one-listen only album like Sting's latest, The Bridge.
I didn't know that just came out, listening to it right now. I hear him namechecking nematodes in the first track.

Eno has co-written a bunch of new stuff with David Byrne in the last 15 years, I like the stuff on "Everything That Happens Will Happen Today" and "American Utopia" as much as their previous work together or with Talking Heads.

On Land

I listen to it almost everyday at work to focus lol

I personally love the new album and I put it up there with my favorites which are:
1) Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy
2) Here come the Warm Jets
3) Before and After Science

To me, the ultimate is the Collab with Byrne: My Life in the Bush of Ghosts

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”