What plugins will you buy in 2013?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My plugin arsenal is getting pretty complete nowadays (thanks to the recent winter sales :))
I'm at the crucial point where adding more plugins will shift the focus from making music to choosing plugins...

The only plugins that I'm currently interested in for 2013 are Slate Digital's VBC (because I'd like a second, colored buss compressor next to The Glue) and possibly the Neve custom series plugins by Brainworx (if these are ever released...)

What holes do you still want to fill?

An upgrade to Ableton 9... and a good orchestral library. I've got my eye on the Albion stuff, but will look at others as well. Realizing this will require me to avoid all reflex buys.

It will be ... difficult.

u-he Berlin Modular, Zebra 3 upgrade for sure.
Ableton Live 9 upgrade, not sure about the Push controller.
iZotope Trash 2. Ozone 6 upgrade if the price is fair.

Now I'm going to buy Little Endian SpectrumWorx, 30% off :love:

SKNote Presence as I need some sort of exciter for my Studio One 2 fx arsenal.
I'm considering Image Line Maximus but only when the x64 version sees the light of day (and with some sort of discount probably ;) )
and that's it, I already have more than enough synths, and most of my fx needs are covered by DAWs plugins.

J.Hartmann wrote:...Zebra 3 upgrade for sure...
Urs wrote:...Zebra3 might easily be a year away. We won't make it till Musikmesse 2013...
Cowbells!

Are there any more plugins I need? Absolutely not. I have everything covered a couple of times over. Does this mean I won't be buying more plugins? Please...

I still want the Melda Creative Bundle, U-He Zebra, and the Hollow Sun MLM series...for starters.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

Plan for 2013:

Diva
Uhbiks
Largo (if it shows up as x64 at last)
Alchemy
CamelPhat
U-NO LX
most QuikQuak stuff (RaySpace, Crowd Chamber, Fusion Field, Pitchwheel)
ToneBoosters (all)
ValhallaDSP (all)
D16 Group (only effects)
ReValver HP upgrade to III.V
Studio Devil (all)
ImpOSCar 2
Minimonsta
some EZX expansions perhaps

...we'll see what else!

JJBiener wrote:I still want the Melda Creative Bundle, U-He Zebra, and the Hollow Sun MLM series...for starters.
You could start with the cheapest of the lot! ;)

Thanks for your (impeding) patronage! :)

EvilDragon wrote:Plan for 2013:

Diva
Uhbiks
Largo (if it shows up as x64 at last)
Alchemy
CamelPhat
U-NO LX
most QuikQuak stuff (RaySpace, Crowd Chamber, Fusion Field, Pitchwheel)
ToneBoosters (all)
ValhallaDSP (all)
D16 Group (only effects)
ReValver HP upgrade to III.V
Studio Devil (all)
ImpOSCar 2
Minimonsta
some EZX expansions perhaps

...we'll see what else!
Ok, so now Largo is on my list too if it goes 64 bit :help:

I have a few things I'm looking for, but I have no rush at all at the moment... Actually, I may benefit from selling a few things I'm almost not using, in order to get a more streamlined setup. :roll:

I'm more likely to spend money on a pair of monitors and a monitor control (the latter, I'm going to custom build it by myself).

Software wise, I may invest money on a reverb (ValhallaDSP's?), on M1 or the upgrade to Special Bundle fom M1 Le owners or on new things by IK Multimedia if they are of any interest to me (I have some Jam Points which are going to end quite soon)... maybe Barricade is another good option for 2013... upgrades, special offers and new products will be considered too, but they have to be something I really need in order to make me open my wallet.

These are all possible purchases, but I'm not willing to spend money on new software or instruments, my setup is more than ok for my needs... So, apart from monitors (I may even buy them this week, if I decide to take the plunge [EDIT: done!]), probably I won't purchase anything for a good amount of time.
Now I have to actually make music instead of looking for gears... :roll: maybe I could benefit from reading some books, uhmmmmmm.... :roll: :help: :P
Last edited by sin night on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blue 2
Spire
Dune 2
....and something from the Lin-Plug (considering the latest gossips)

Exponential Audio Reverbs Phoenix and R2, Next AAR reverb or Earreverb or Relab480 eventually, Ableton Live, next Xils-lab FX jewel ( Ok I wont buy this one :wink: ) and maybe the NI Tube series, if they dont show up in Komplete 9 ( That is if Komplete 9 happens of course ), Some granular wonders ( I'm becoming more and more granular sometimes ...), a couple of well chosen Kontakt instruments, to see what is the evolution of all these things, a couple of orchestral libs ( cant never have enough ) Aalto ( the last synth that really grabbed my attention after Diversion) and ....... NO console thing.

And well, who knows what 2013 will bring ?
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

SKNOTE STRIPBUS v.2

Lotuzia wrote:Some granular wonders ( I'm becoming more and more granular sometimes ...)
oh no, what have you done? xils-lab perhaps ... ?

Image :o
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Some granular wonders ( I'm becoming more and more granular sometimes ...)
oh no, what have you done? xils-lab perhaps ... ?

Image :o
:hihi: :hihi:

If only I knew Chris :wink:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”