It feels good to be a "real musician"

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ntom - isn't your dad a guitarist?

A jamming buddy will take you further in your development then a game will. Especially if they have a little experience behind them.
Don't let the disciplines of practicing take away from the joy of playing. A simple song played with a lightheart will always sound better then a tough song played poorly.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

robojam wrote:
debra1rlo wrote:congrats on your guitar, but i think you must be certified by the theory forum gods before you can call yourself a musician. there may even be a test. :shrug:
:hihi:
:shock:

youre not a real musician unless youve done at least 3 of the following...
been to a courtney love party
smoked grass using a saxophone as a pipe
been thrown out of a hotel in the middle of the night
woke up next to a dead hooker
been recognised in a club lavatory
spent 10000 hours on the interweb belittling the efforts of others, with specal attention given to "those darn kids" and "modern technologies"

vaisnava wrote:Bee-Berp, that does not compute, your post exceeded the 4x4 parameters, Bee-Berp

:wheee:
this is my favorite post now : D

Congrats! I started learning guitar but I quit because it was messing up my fingers. Lame excuse I know, but I happen to enjoy having a normal sense of touch in my fingers :) . I should pick it up again and give it another go.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

vurt wrote:youre not a real musician unless youve done at least 3 of the following...
been to a courtney love party
smoked grass using a saxophone as a pipe
been thrown out of a hotel in the middle of the night
woke up next to a dead hooker
been recognised in a club lavatory
spent 10000 hours on the interweb belittling the efforts of others, with specal attention given to "those darn kids" and "modern technologies"
Closest I got to any of those:
I went to a party thrown by the woman who did the 'Shake and Vac' adverts
I've smoked grass before playing the saxophone
I have been thrown out of a hotel in the middle of the night, at least twice
I woke up next to a few women who smelled like dead hookers
I was recognized in a club lavatory...by the bouncers who remembered that they had thrown me out the previous night for my antics in the club...
The last one is a given

im on 4 out of 6

vurt wrote:im on 4 out of 6
How long did it take you to get the smell out of the sheets?

i only went to one of her parties, i didnt sleep with her.

:dog: :hihi:

vurt wrote:i only went to one of her parties, i didnt sleep with her.
:lol:

tapper mike wrote:ntom - isn't your dad a guitarist?
Yes, he has been playing Guitar since he was 7 and he is now 58 - or something close to that.
I tried getting him to teach me but he never would...now that I picked up the game he seems more interested in teaching me (I think he just wanted to know if I was serious)
And it was thanks to him I have a guitar to use, and I just want to add; When I played Bass Guitar there was a....mmm, I don't know how to describe it, but a bland feeling to the instrument.
All the other instruments I had played before had a grand and magnificent feeling because either they were 1 of a kind or just elegant in nature (partly due to price - thank you rent-to-own!)
As ungrateful as this sounds, I really feel part of the reason I dropped the Bass ( :hihi: ) was - well really there were several reasons - but one being that I just couldn't feel that legacy behind my simple little $80 fender bass.

The guitar my dad has loaned me to use is a 1970 Gibson Les Paul Custom (with Tobacco Sunburst finish) and the feeling behind it is just astounding.

I have recently discovered a little app that runs on iOs (iPad, iwhatever) or Android (Kindle): www.irealb.com

it's a practice app that provides a backing track and if you like (and want to spend an extra 2.99 per) guitar chords or piano chords or chord scales

and some style modules

one can create songs or d/l songs in several genre -- though I didn't see trance or electronica for some reason

one could do all this with a DAW it's true -- except for the hundreds of free songs peopel have available already, but it's all there in simple easy to use form
course you do have to have a device

not affiliated or sponsored in any way -- just a very handy practice tool for those playing real instruments, but still alone in their home studio just like DAW folks

string bends are your friend.

there was not much of a feeling to the cheap tele copy I started out on but I thought it was that I couldn't play. :shrug:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”