* WARNING * - Do NOT install new iLok software!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's an iLock Alert on Soundtoys web site since yesterday, and they also posted on their Facebook page.
http://www.soundtoys.com/news/webstore- ... intenance/

If you own an iLok dongle then you ARE also an iLok customer by default. Perhaps they should remember that. IMO, it is their responsibility to communicate directly with their customers, i.e., they should have sent out an email stating that the site would be down and let people know ahead of time... instead of finding out about it on a forum somewhere. If you subscribe to their Zero-downtime thingy then you're most definitely a customer.

Glad for KVR and being able to hear other people's experiences.

I had a new license that I was hoping to install, but I'm going to hold off for a few days until the iLok folks get their cookies together. Although... they weren't even able to figure out how a browser works, so I'm not holding my breath, lol.

On the positive side... the new system looks promising... being able to name your iLoks to something that makes more sense to you, being able to organize licenses via folders, etc., being able to delete demo licenses.

I'm going to monitor the Soundtoys site, e.g. someone I trust, rather than the iLok site (and also here) to make sure that everything is okay before I mess with anything. Thanks for the head's up Alex and everyone else!
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:If you own an iLok dongle then you ARE also an iLok customer by default. Perhaps they should remember that. IMO, it is their responsibility to communicate directly with their customers, i.e., they should have sent out an email stating that the site would be down and let people know ahead of time... instead of finding out about it on a forum somewhere. If you subscribe to their Zero-downtime thingy then you're most definitely a customer.

Glad for KVR and being able to hear other people's experiences.

I had a new license that I was hoping to install, but I'm going to hold off for a few days until the iLok folks get their cookies together. Although... they weren't even able to figure out how a browser works, so I'm not holding my breath, lol.

On the positive side... the new system looks promising... being able to name your iLoks to something that makes more sense to you, being able to organize licenses via folders, etc., being able to delete demo licenses.

I'm going to monitor the Soundtoys site, e.g. someone I trust, rather than the iLok site (and also here) to make sure that everything is okay before I mess with anything. Thanks for the head's up Alex and everyone else!
According to different threads in different forums :

Seems there are a lot of things needed to be fixed, because cases there are, and very diverse, and it seems they hardly can fall in one easy to identify category.

Also annoying is that the installers seem to be still DLable, and as such, some people can be caught in the trap, especially if they are new to Ilok, or want to install a new device.

I'd really suggest that, if you can wait to update your Ilok drivers, or to install a new device you just bought, one just wait to see when the issue(s) will be solved.

I'd strongly suggest to someone willing to buy a new device ( like XilsV+ ), or a device whose date of release is after the last time they updated the Ilok database, to choose, if possible of course, the Elicencer instead of the Ilok atm. Tbh I still dont know if installing a new licence is possible without automatically updating drivers and database while syncing the Ilok( and not really wanting to experiment at that point )

So it might be wise to pospone any installation of even old plugs as well.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

alexfalcao wrote:There's an iLock Alert on Soundtoys web site since yesterday, and they also posted on their Facebook page.
http://www.soundtoys.com/news/webstore- ... intenance/
I was just about to post similar information.

A recent Facebook notice from SoundToys:

SoundToys also commented on their status.
SoundToys wrote: "It is true. There was a snag. They are aware of it and working to get it corrected. We are closely monitoring it and will notify our users as soon as it's all running smoothly."
SoundToys Website Notice:
Alert: iLok.com Transition Update

As of midnight last night, iLok.com has transitioned to a new system for managing software licenses: the iLok License Manager application. At this time, the new system is not yet fully operational. Please be aware, that while our web store is still open, and product licenses will be deposited to your account, you will not be able to download licenses into your iLok until this issue is fully resolved. This issue affects any company who uses iLok.com for software license management.

We are closely monitoring this situation and will let you know when things have stabilized. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this transition has caused.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Gamma-UT wrote:
It looks as though they've started out with a cluster**k and are working hard to make it the supernova of clusterf**ks.
:lol:

Sucks to have just purchased something from the Softube 50% off sale!

Ok so it seems that you cant sync your Ilok without installing the new software, even to simply transfer a licence, install an old plugin etc etc.

I would therefore strongly suggest that one dont sync their ilok atm, until these problems are solved.

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:Ok so it seems that you cant sync your Ilok without installing the new software, even to simply transfer a licence, install an old plugin etc etc.

I would therefore strongly suggest that one dont sync their ilok atm, until these problems are solved.

LtZ
You mean, just like it says in the opening line of text in the opening post? ;)
Do NOT synchronize your iLok(s)!
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It's worth repeating. :wink:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Thanks for the fair warning.

Though I'm not as pessimistic as certain users in here regarding the new licensing system. If Pace/iLok finally adapted a system like Syncrosoft (though Syncrosoft doesn't need a login), then I'm all up for it.

Keeping a copy of a legacy FF3.x sure was a PITA just to maintenance my iLok(s). Not to mention the driver installation, the browser add on installation, etc. If they really simplified it - good to know.

But... if the switch causes that many problems, I ask myself where the beta testers were. Then again, the switch from iLok to Cloud with Waves wasn't as smooth either. However, noone went as far out as with iLok.

:shrug:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:But... if the switch causes that many problems, I ask myself where the beta testers were. Then again, the switch from iLok to Cloud with Waves wasn't as smooth either. However, noone went as far out as with iLok.

:shrug:
I think your answer, as evidenced by this debacle, is that they don't have a beta testing team.

You are also kind of comparing apples to oranges with the switch Waves encountered with the jump from ilok to PA Cloud license. That was a whole shift from one company to a completely different company. This is just ilok f**king up ilok's own mess. The common denominator between the two seems to be ilok. :shrug:

While I fully believe that they will sort this mess out, they are NOT helping their case with big mistakes like this. Sure, a month down the road everything will be running fine and people will likely be happy. But this is inexcusable and should be something they weeded out ahead of time.

I won't stop using my iLok products. I didn't choose them because of copy protection, and I won't stop using them because of it. For me, there are products that are not replaceable with non-iLok alternatives. But this definitely doesn't help iLok or other forms of copy protection, even IF it is effective(which iLok 2 has been).

Brent
My host is better than your host

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Sympathies for all those affected.

But I'm sorry, if you're on a deadline you don't go updating sh!t.
:tu:

It's surprising how many people do, though ... !
Thank you Camel Audio for not using iLok. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

-Sam

masterhiggins wrote:
Thank you Camel Audio for not using iLok. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

-Sam
Yeah, I agree. Many of my plugins are dongle- and DRM- free, and reading about this has taught me that I'd even rather deal with individual authorization problems through company-specific DRM than risk losing lots of plug-ins all at once. Right now I have precisely two iLok plugins (Lexicon and McDSP), and luckily I haven't tried to sync so I don't have a problem, but I'll never buy a product from either company again (Valhalla, here I come!) -- or any other dongle-using developer -- until they leave iLok.

SirkusPi wrote:I'll never buy a product from either company again (Valhalla, here I come!) -- or any other dongle-using developer -- until they leave iLok.
+468464354387687354354354

This is probably not going to be good for Softube's current sale. I was already on the fence about them since they are iLok-protected, and this just kind of strengthens my hesitation.

Unfortunately, I am married to my EastWest libraries, which are all iLok-protected, but beyond those, I doubt I will ever consider another iLok product. It's a shame, too, as those SoundToys plugins are really fantastic.

Anyway, one more "thanks for the heads-up."

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”