* WARNING * - Do NOT install new iLok software!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think what really does it for me -- as others have said above -- is iLok's refusal to actually publicly acknowledge the problem in order to minimize the harm it causes.

Unless the problem is already fixed, the fact that they're still allowing downloads -- and don't have a big notice on the front page of their site saying they know about the problem and are working on it -- makes clear that they have *no* consideration for their customers (by which I mean both developers and consumers).

It looks like you can register your Softube purchases and the licenses will be deposited into your account just don't download anything yet.

Checking via a different computer, it looks like the majority of my licenses are okay. The only things that were hosed were one of my Soundtoys ones and all of my Antares stuff. Hopefully they will fix it eventually. The Antares stuff looks like it doesn't expire, however instead of "license" it's listed as "temporary".
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

masterhiggins wrote:This is why I refuse to support companies that use iLok.
Same here, Well one of the reasons anyway.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

EvilDragon wrote:This is why I f**king hate dongles.
Same here, well one...
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

masterhiggins wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Sympathies for all those affected.

But I'm sorry, if you're on a deadline you don't go updating sh!t.
:tu:

It's surprising how many people do, though ... !
Thank you Camel Audio for not using iLok. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

-Sam
Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you... for having the brains to realise that copy protection punishes the paying customer! ;)

JasonSpatola wrote:
SirkusPi wrote:I'll never buy a product from either company again (Valhalla, here I come!) -- or any other dongle-using developer -- until they leave iLok.
+468464354387687354354354

I just want to make sure these comments stay up so maybe, just maybe one day someone will listen. My internet was out for a day so I thought I would play a PC game I PAID MONEY FOR, no such luck, requires internet connection Ironically the 'cracked' copy does not however... pirates must have been laughing at me that day.

Guys, to be clear this is not an 'iLok only' issue!

It's a C/R issue, iLok just holds your C/R activations, together linked with hardware there are too many factors to go wrong! Remember the day Kjaerhus Audio went down? I do! Good luck to anyone if NI's activation servers go down for a couple of days.

And yes, devs like U-He/Valhalla: You're my Heroes!

And this is why I never buy dongled products.

tshear23 wrote:And this is why I never buy dongled products.
So you don't have a dongle, but you're OK if the activation server is gone when you reinstall a product 2 years later that requires C/R activation?

iLok / Dongle = Useless Chicanery!

Resistance is the Key! People can refuse to buy their products...
...then we'll see who's pulling the strings! :tu: :tu:

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

I spoke directly with the support team at iLok (PACE) this afternoon (PDT).

The issue with "Temporary" licenses not authorizing is now officially acknowledged and understood.

The issue affects licenses that were issued for:
• Product updates (new version of an existing iLok licensed product)
• Bundle upgrades (from existing iLok licensed single products)

The issue does not appear to affect "first issue" licences for a product.

The iLok (PACE) team is actively working on an engineering fix to correct the issue.

If your issue does not fall into this category, please submit an iLok support ticket through the Guided Help page in the Support section of iLok.com

I will update this post when more information becomes available.
Simon Morrison • Audio Architect • Mastering Engineer • Music Technologist
[ www.MorrisonStudios.com ]

dalor wrote:
So you don't have a dongle, but you're OK if the activation server is gone when you reinstall a product 2 years later that requires C/R activation?
Not to speak for the original poster you're quoting, but speaking for myself, I've come to realize I'd rather risk losing a single plug-in when a single developer's servers go under than losing many plug-ins based upon a dongle screw-up. I recognize there are counterveiling arguments, and that "no DRM for paying customers" is obviously best, but for me it comes down to the 'diversified portfolio' theory: don't put all your money in one investment, and don't put all your plug-ins in one company's (incompetent) DRM scheme.

Simon Morrison wrote:IMPORTANT UPDATE!

I spoke directly with the support team at iLok (PACE) this afternoon (PDT).

The issue with "Temporary" licenses not authorizing is now officially acknowledged and understood.

The issue affects licenses that were issued for:
• Product updates (new version of an existing iLok licensed product)
• Bundle upgrades (from existing iLok licensed single products)

The issue does not appear to affect "first issue" licences for a product.

The iLok (PACE) team is actively working on an engineering fix to correct the issue.

If your issue does not fall into this category, please submit an iLok support ticket through the Guided Help page in the Support section of iLok.com

I will update this post when more information becomes available.
Thanks Simon,

Very appreciated feedback
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

SirkusPi wrote:
dalor wrote:
Not to speak for the original poster you're quoting, but speaking for myself, I've come to realize I'd rather risk losing a single plug-in when a single developer's servers go under than losing many plug-ins based upon a dongle screw-up. I recognize there are counterveiling arguments, and that "no DRM for paying customers" is obviously best, but for me it comes down to the 'diversified portfolio' theory: don't put all your money in one investment, and don't put all your plug-ins in one company's (incompetent) DRM scheme.
The chance of losing any of my 170 licenses for good with a company that has been around for 11+ years is unlikely than some startup who decides for a C/R sheme and run 3 years later out of money and shut completely down including their C/R servers. This happened to Kjaerhus Audio. My MPL-1 license I paid $130 for is gone forever, unable to activate. I have lost $0 with any iLok license.

We are currently experiencing a very annoying, temporary problem. Your licenses are not lost forever!
Last edited by dalor on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thanks very much, Simon!

I can confirm on this end that my affected products were indeed updated from other versions.

So, at least it's good to know that the iLok/Pace (or whatever) folks are on it.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”