Mushy's dirty little corner of acid

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

codec_spurt wrote:Ah well, I suppose I was the only one there.
... Nah, spent many a Friday night for Megadogs cocooned at The Rocket, plenty of Liberator DJs fun and the unforgettable MC 'Strawberries' Teabag. Good times :)

Rob Tryptomene was from Edmonton so we got to listen to quite a bit of acid techno in the 00s. He also got Chris Liberator to vacation here on the occasion so once in a while you would get surprise marathon sets (3+ hours) from Chris.

But there was a different kind of acid in Calgary if you found yourself at the Rez parties. Rez-acid was much more like what Somatic was doing. Can't find any good sets from there but they were always good.
What the *ZAP* ok... so that's what orange does....

MFXxx wrote:Not sure yet.
Ive got a pretty solid office desk that I'll porbably fit some new adjustable legs so I can stand. The attach a shelf. I'm still undeciced to be honest. I do have a couple of Quicklok bracket stands in the garage, but work flows not so good with those, want everything in arms reach and need to get of my arse more...

Already got the rack ear mount and will have to mod under the sheld 3 struts :

What I do like is the following but I don't like the depth and need to be standing and get a bar stool for those lazy web moments :

The original concept and thought however was the following and I already have the record storage shelfing for underneath :

Not too sure yet all undecided.
One of us has taken too much acid and is responding to the wrong thread. Though I am not sure which one of us it is yet.

Back in a minute.

MFXxx wrote:New rigs setup and ready to be worked on :) Took a few days. The Analog Keys is really challenging so hope to get some freestyling on SC soon...
Peace out..
The 21st Century has arrived.

Love the brick wallpaper btw.

taoyoyo wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:Ah well, I suppose I was the only one there.
... Nah, spent many a Friday night for Megadogs cocooned at The Rocket, plenty of Liberator DJs fun and the unforgettable MC 'Strawberries' Teabag. Good times :)
Ah. Teabag. MC Teabag to some. M standing for 'massive'. C standing for c... Never mind.

Strawberries!

You were there weren't you!

And those little black shorts he used to wear. Best not to think about it. All those years later, I can't remember all the life changing/life affirming conversations I had with people, but I can remember Teabag's shorts.

We had a plan to kidnap him and hold him for ransom, but it's best not to talk about it here I suppose.

Strawberrieeeeeeeeees, I loooove Strawberrieeeeeeeeees.. What a c**t.

I came across some really interesting posts in some forums about the George Robey where the original Megadog (Club Dog) started. It is still derelict. You can find them on the net if you search.

[quote="codec_spurt"
The 21st Century has arrived.

Love the brick wallpaper btw.[/quote]

Yep Space 1999 has landed lol...the wall is next on the list, need to work out what I need to fix it. Doesn't cause me to many issues in productions but maybe some acoustic panels are in order...?

MFXxx wrote: Doesn't cause me to many issues in productions but maybe some acoustic panels are in order...?
Maybe some acoustic panel wallpaper, perhaps?

codec_spurt wrote:
MFXxx wrote: Doesn't cause me to many issues in productions but maybe some acoustic panels are in order...?
Maybe some acoustic panel wallpaper, perhaps?
LoL not a bad idea maybe glue could be an issue.

Actually looking to mount something that's temporary or portable using some simple mounting hooks. Still looking into an considering what route and actual materials to implement the concept.

MFXxx wrote: Yep Space 1999 has landed lol...the wall is next on the list, need to work out what I need to fix it. Doesn't cause me to many issues in productions but maybe some acoustic panels are in order...?
Whatcher talking about? Who cares about the reverb, you're aiming for brickwall compression.
What the *ZAP* ok... so that's what orange does....

Geezer & DDR,you magnificent creatures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWqUytAc-gk
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

FUK IT, I'M A DRUG BUCKET

Oh my, could this be my favourite acid track ever??!! :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDMBnXv18C0

Holy mother of god, my head has been ripped well and truly off!

I guess this can only be described as Acid Punk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MucwsnRWllQ

Mushy Mushy wrote:Holy mother of god, my head has been ripped well and truly off!

I guess this can only be described as Acid Punk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MucwsnRWllQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS5h7xzW2HE

~Thats the one. I spent my youth not weeping in Butcher's shops, but listening to this track, for ten f**king years. It was good to get away from it for a while.

But somehow, I feel strangely nostalgic, none the less. That is a great f**king track.

Everyone's a winner!

Jesus almighty! That is an amazing track. Imagine being in the studio making that?

Somehow, I feel as if my youth was not wasted.

Bookmarked for when I find a new Ecstacy/Acid dealer.

Still probably my favourite techno track ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_VlD5j9XSU

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”