Possible value of Music Cassettes as antiques?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got a Panasonic cassette tape recorder for Christmas when I was 8 years old (1973) and that started this whole audio engineering thing. After that I started buying reel to reels, guitar amps and stomp boxes at garage sales and tore them apart. I learned so much by tearing those things apart.

I even put some of them back together. :)

No more cassettes for me though. Good riddance.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

martygras wrote:I got a Panasonic cassette tape recorder for Christmas when I was 8 years old (1973) and that started this whole audio engineering thing. After that I started buying reel to reels, guitar amps and stomp boxes at garage sales and tore them apart. I learned so much by tearing those things apart.

I even put some of them back together. :)

No more cassettes for me though. Good riddance.
The manufactures of the number 2 pencil must've been thrilled when cassettes came out cause you always had to have a pencil so you could wind the tape back up after the tape player decided to eat it.

Hink wrote:if I had saved my 8-tracks, my baseball cards, my lunchboxes and some of my toys I would be making music on my catamaran somewhere in the south pacific about now :? :hihi:
I'll be moving up to Whangarei soon, and they've got a great harbour there, so give me a call when you're moored up. :hihi:

The revival is due to the fact that Cassettes are an incredibly cheap way to put music into a physical format.
I'm not so sure there's much collecting or trading of older tapes, and if there is it's probably not the kind of money you'd hope for.

Cassette store day is mostly geared towards the labels and stores that are putting out new tapes. Myself, I'm on a double cassette compilation haha!
I run a netlabel http://oligopolistrecords.bandcamp.com
Free chill, hip-hop, lo-fi, ambient, experimental, for you! (Send me demos too!)

quayquay17 wrote: Cassette store day is mostly geared towards the labels and stores that are putting out new tapes. Myself, I'm on a double cassette compilation haha!
Which one?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”