The Ambient Music Conference 2014: June 27th & 28 - Helsinki, Finland

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My fellow KVRists,

After months of preparation and planning, I have a very special announcement to make!

The Ambient Music Conference: Sponsored by AMBIcon ~ June 27th & 28 - Helsinki, Finland 2014

It all started with a vision. When destination management expert and ambient producer Steve Hart (Ambient Indigo) first set eyes into the main conference room at the brand new Haltia Nature Center outside of Helsinki Finland, he had a vision. Outside the main window lies the pine forest. Beautifully preserved and perfectly appreciated from this new vantage point. It was there he thought of the music of Bay Area ambient musician S1gns Of L1fe and the cover of his latest release "Branches in the Sky" that inspiration had struck. His music, this venue, the backdrop, it all seemed too perfect. And it was. The Ambient Music Conference was born. Bringing some of the best new names in ambient music together in one place from North America and Europe, The Ambient Music Conference 2014 is poised to be one of the premier ambient events worldwide. This event is sponsored by AMBIcon, the event series formed by Hearts Of Space creator Stephen Hill.

Overview: 

More than just a concert, The Ambient Music Conference 2014 will be a total ambient music immersion, a chance to hear great ambient music, and a fantastic opportunity to meet and network with fellow enthusiasts. We have brought together some of the best up-and-coming international ambient talents, along with established local names, in an amazing venue. Located in the heart of Finland's spectacular forests and lakes, part of the front wall of the auditorium can be opened up to give a view of the stunning scenery beyond, providing a gorgeous backdrop for musical performance.

The event kicks off with a Networking Dinner on Friday evening followed by a unique night of "dark ambient"with the Finns featuring some of the best local talent in Finland. On Saturday, in addition to live performers, the main conference day will present educational sessions, specially-commissioned music for video and a live web cast and a chance for participants to get involved and have their own music featured in between each live performance.

Our performers include the legendary Finnish ambient electronic band Nemesis, and a much-anticipated debut European performance from Ascendant, joining us all the way from California. This ambient duo comprises Chris Bryant, well-known in the ambient world from his solo releases as S1gns of L1fe, along with grammy-nominated mastering engineer Don Tyler, aka Phase47. Also scheduled to perform is Simon Lomax, formally going under the moniker "Maitreya" who is going to provide a magical display of deep ambience and blissful soundscapes. Finally, we have Dutch artist Aphelion bringing live instrumentation and sonic manipulation to the live stage.

If you are an ambient music composer or enthusiast, this event offers an amazing chance to network with like-minded people, learn something new, have your own music heard in our pre-concert mix, hear some of the best live ambient music around, and generally have an unforgettable Helsinki City Break experience.

Performing live:

*Ascendant (S1gns Of L1fe & Phase47)
*Nemesis
*Simon Lomax
*Aphelion
*Venn Diagram (via webcast)
*Other acts to be announced

Please check out our website for more information on our venue, accommodations, register for the conference, artists bios and music samples, and so much more! 

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/AmbientMusicCon
SoundCloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/ambient-music-conference
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ambientmusicconference

See you in Helsinki in 2014,
-S1gns
S1gns Of L1fe
Ambient Music Producer | Content Creator

Well I live in Helsinki so I'm definitely coming.

Very nice to have something like this somewhere like in Finland.

Vertti wrote:Well I live in Helsinki so I'm definitely coming.

Very nice to have something like this somewhere like in Finland.
Awesome! See you there and look forward to meeting you. :D

Spread the word!

Cheers,
-S1gns
S1gns Of L1fe

If I still lived in the UK I'd definitely be thinking about it, but I'm a lot further away now.

robojam wrote:If I still lived in the UK I'd definitely be thinking about it, but I'm a lot further away now.
You'll be there in spirit Robojam, I know you will! :wink:
S1gns Of L1fe

This is a nice idea! If I could, I would make a similar event in South Bavaria. The alps with their torrents, woods and rocks were a great scenery for ambiente music!

Unfortunately I haven't any experience in organizing big events, probably I would forget half of the equipment... :help:

Just seen, I'm only 2150 km away, maybe I could go by foot... :lol:

Not a long way to drive... I will think about it. Do you have camping sites around?

Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. Congratulations. I don't have that kind of money for that kind of travel right now, and I have many other things going on. So unfortunately, I'm out. :(
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Hmmm, interesting...
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

Zombie Queen wrote:Not a long way to drive... I will think about it. Do you have camping sites around?
The venue is on the edge of Nuuksio National Park where there are plenty of camping sites, including free ones. Check http://www.visitespoo.fi/visitors_guide ... +areas-698

Friendly bump! Any KVR's going?
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

hmmm, may have a look at flight costs...

vurt wrote:hmmm, may have a look at flight costs...
Where are you flying from ? Finnair is Finland's national airline, but depending on location may not be the cheapest option. Norwegian (www.norwegian.com)(bizarrely :-)) may have some better deals.

it would be liverpool or anchester.

from london by norwegian its 54 quid...
ill keep looking, i have time :)

vurt wrote:it would be liverpool or anchester.

from london by norwegian its 54 quid...
ill keep looking, i have time :)
From UK its easy -- great weekend in Helsinki plus this event - nice!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”