So the controversial Aloysius ... making progress or not?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kain wrote:Some people like jancivil have responded very aggressively because they are in the unfortunate position that not many people like their style of music. I have listened to many of jancivil soundcloud songs ...and the atmosphere and dynamics is very nice. But it's kind of unstructured experimental music... no storytelling..
Well, typically people that are more interested in music that you evidently are, I mean people that know music, remark on the storytelling aspect. Your tracks, since you want to go here, tell me a story, of a lack of skill and care.

Your tastes reflect a poor disposition towards music, in my estimation. You pretending to know my mind just out of what I said here, which a number of other people agree with, is kind of just pathetic. You don't know me. You want to paint a portrait of me as a frustrated person because I make unpopular music; well let's consider the source! Here you are wasting lots of space looking for attention for something that you feel needs help by this sad kind of thread. Like a whole lot of other musical infants clicking on internet pages with teeny tiny comments attached makes the music what it is.
Yes, we're opposites. I always stood on my own two feet musically. There are amazing people that celebrate my music. Some are very major, and even have their own wiki. :roll:

How many posts are ridiculing you? But do focus on me since I was articulate about why this whole thread is a bad idea? Come on then. Did you read that back to yourself at all? This wasn't 'aggressive'?
You're in the unfortunate position of being desperate for internet clicks on f**king KVR, son.
This is a strange-ass place to be doing this. But you got some numbers on the board at teh soundcloud in support of the weak-ass ad populum fallacy that informs this whole stupid display. Great job :idiot:

codec_spurt wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:
I'd be willing to bet that you are a very unhappy person. :?
How can you say that with a straight face?

Whether you agree or disagree with what he is saying?

Do you even know how many levels of unhapiness there are?
Have you ever known it?
To what level?

Very immature thing to say.
Live on this earth a thousand years.
Learn what unhappiness is.
Then still make your comment.

What does unhappiness have to do with a general music discussion anyway such as we are having?

You are only one step away from calling people fat or skinny.
Call me fat, call me an asshole. I am at times PROFOUNDLY unhappy. It's none of this little dude's f**king business however. I am passing happy with my own music, and any story 'Bailees' or 'Kain' likes to tell is just a product of their own personality at the moment. I would say that some of us probably are having some issues as [it's hard to be] musicians in the world. If you lot would like to fight about an idea, that would be respectable. You're going to say some shit about me as a person because you didn't like what I said? Do you feel (with your reliance on other people's work) that you resemble the problem I articulated too much?

I will get some bash time behind this again, but there is some music that is not a product of honest woodshedding. "Aloysius" is not controversial. Some people took the opportunity to express their unhappiness with a nitwit trying to push internet clicks with some bizarre hype. There are thousands, millions I bet, of musicians more deserving to be noticed. But honest people do not create threads or pretend controversy in order to obtain higher counts and vacuous soundcloud remarks like that's something to prop yourself up by. The only people that will marginally care 'making progress?' are people completely mirrored by this behavior.
Last edited by jancivil on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

I love jancivils work. What is with the dissing here? :?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Thank you. So_do_I. There is a reason I'm not mirrored by a million people on teh soundcloud: I'm excellent. EDIT: Look, I realize there are people in big time music biz that are terrific and popular.
Yet there are people that make fantastic music and they'll get 40 views of a piece in a year. I hate soundcloud, I'll never pay for a Pro account, it's too much trouble to be mastering for 128kbps for me atm and I don't need to take it seriously.
I do exactly the music I want to hear rather than canvass about hoping. And most of it is statistically 100% of ideal, and passing my idea in execution.

You know, I keep my mouth shut 99% of the time here. The number of bad ideas is overwhelming, it's as bad as any other social media, filled with morons.

This, particularly, and the other post 'why no one cares about my music' are such a SIGN of this ridiculous situation today, where people feel ENTITLED to a RESULT in music, and not only this but they all feel they must take up all the space they can with it. I'm sorry, it's so sheer when people have not been working with music with respect, with HUMILITY, as musicians do, honing the craft, before deciding it's time to present, and compete. You're sucking up all the oxygen. (And 'bailees liquor beverage', what's it to you? You couldn't give me the space for that. What hypocrisy to hear you cry about negativity. No, I don't feel cowed, there are things I feel no worries about being critical of. I think someone could learn from the resistance. Certainly I was not happy about seeing this repeatedly (and again, this signifies a whole thing), but check your own psychological state, sonny.)

So, this "Kain" decided, instead of reflecting - let's review, t'was weeks, or was it months later he wants to extend that old thread by framing it as a controversy (poorly formed music is not controversial, son, some people happened to find it unacceptable as 'really special') - to retaliate. Instead of dealing with it on the level of ideas, he has a story to tell about a person.
Dude, you're abusing the space already.

The argument from popularity is not good really. Vincent van Gogh sold no paintings but the one, and I'm not certain this isn't apocryphal, to his brother Theo. He wasn't insanely ahead of his time even. I suspect with the whole ear bidness he wasn't exceedingly happy either.

- but people suck, people tear down excellence, people like the crap that flatters their clueless ignint ass too much to gauge by populus.
Last edited by jancivil on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Kain's comments about music 'telling a story' is, to me, a bit of a puzzle. In what way, pray tell? Do these 'narratives' have to have a beginning, middle, end? Like Verse chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, verse, chorus?

Then it does go into that old saw...it has to be 'popular' to be seen as 'good'.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Well, it is an ironic thing for me to see, because the feedback to my thing has so often been 'you tell a story'. I heard that when I was a kid noodling when we were stoned, 'that actually makes sense, like a story'. The remark 'unstructured' just a total sign of ignorance. I made a lot of music, and it changes all the time, some of it is a bit outside but it's not even that radical for 2014. My perhaps second most extreme piece refers to things half a century ago.
I'm interested in MELODY.

Sure, 'Kain', you would only recognize the cookie cutter.

And it's gross because it's retaliatory. Who would respect what this thread is? My god, it's so transparent. It seems like to me people that LIVE on the f**king internet think they get over on people with bullshit.

Hey Kain, why don't you post your latest two tracks and let's let the group hear them right beside mine!
Last edited by jancivil on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

some folk like cordon bleu cooking or nouvelle cuisine. some like home cooked. some eat mcdonalds.
some people will eat different things everyday, some have beans on toast every meal.
i like porridge, some people dont.
people who dont like porridge are idiots :x

jancivil wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:

Have you ever known it?
To what level?

What does unhappiness have to do with a general music discussion anyway such as we are having?

Call me fat, call me an asshole. I am at times PROFOUNDLY unhappy. It's none of this little dude's f**king business however. I am passing happy with my own music, and any story 'Bailees' or 'Kain' likes to tell is just a product of their own personality at the moment. I would say that some of us probably are having some issues as [it's hard to be] musicians in the world. If you lot would like to fight about an idea, that would be respectable. You're going to say some shit about me as a person because you didn't like what I said? Do you feel (with your reliance on other people's work) that you resemble the problem I articulated too much?

I will get some bash time behind this again, but there is some music that is not a product of honest woodshedding. "Aloysius" is not controversial. Some people took the opportunity to express their unhappiness with a nitwit trying to push internet clicks with some bizarre hype. There are thousands, millions I bet, of musicians more deserving to be noticed. But honest people do not create threads or pretend controversy in order to obtain higher counts and vacuous soundcloud remarks like that's something to prop yourself up by. The only people that will marginally care 'making progress?' are people completely mirrored by this behavior.
Looks like I hit a tender spot. Sorry about that :wink:
[Insert Signature Here]

vurt wrote:some folk like cordon bleu cooking or nouvelle cuisine. some like home cooked. some eat mcdonalds.
some people will eat different things everyday, some have beans on toast every meal.
i like porridge, some people dont.
people who dont like porridge are idiots :x
:hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

Well if your taste has always been restricted to McDonalds, something more subtle, or more spicy by a lot, or any number of things where the cook gave a shit about cooking all her life, chances are good you'll find this food made with quite a bit more care strange and not to your taste. You do not like green eggs and ham, you're sure of it.

Genesis had a song that went around and around with the hook: I know what I like. I like what I know. I know what I like...

bailees7irish wrote:
jancivil wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:

Have you ever known it?
To what level?

Please refrain from assuming to know me or my feelings. You aren't interested in the thoughts, the content there, you're still pushing me on a personal level.
Last edited by jancivil on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote:Don't you f**king pretend to know me or my thoughts or feelings.
Damn. Here was me pretending you were thinking about giraffes.

Now I gotta find something else to do. :sigh:

(edited to fix quotes)
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
jancivil wrote: Looks like I hit a tender spot. Sorry about that :wink:
Don't you f**king pretend to know me or my thoughts or feelings.
Damn. Here was me pretending you were thinking about giraffes.

Now I gotta find something else to do. :sigh:[/quote]

:hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

jancivil wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:
jancivil wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:

Have you ever known it?
To what level?

Please refrain from assuming to know me or my feelings. You aren't interested in the thoughts, the content there, you're still pushing me on a personal level.
Truce, Jan. You are the least of my concerns and I'm not looking for a fight with you.
[Insert Signature Here]

jancivil wrote:Well if your taste has always been restricted to McDonalds, something more subtle, or more spicy by a lot, or any number of things where the cook gave a shit about cooking all her life, chances are good you'll find this food made with quite a bit more care strange and not to your taste. You do not like green eggs and ham, you're sure of it.

Genesis had a song that went around and around with the hook: I know what I like. I like what I know. I know what I like...

i am not sam.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”