So the controversial Aloysius ... making progress or not?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If the kid was the next Madeon, I'm pretty sure he would have blew up already.
:borg:

He is not the next Madeon .. that's just an episode in Aloysius musical journey. He is the first Aloysius and I have no idea if he is ever going to settle on his own style ..or what kind of music he is going to love to make the most. I just know he has a passion, some talent ...and wants to work hard. That's rare in our online age where anyone can share anything with everybody and the most popular music is the one that needs the least amount of work. If I would enjoy all the soundcloud music I encounter (soundcloud stream has been my radio replacement) then I would not promote this like this. But most of it bores me within 5 seconds ... so guess how excited I am when I find exceptions like Aloysius. (When he reads this he will probably be like Kain .. shut up! But I am really sincere and I mean every word)

V0RT3X wrote:If the kid was the next Madeon, I'm pretty sure he would have blew up already.

Tried to kill this thread with bad humour, but it now might be time for fire.

As for Madeon, you bring up a good point.

The music that Madeon makes is particularly bad - he can't play, he can't sing, he can't dance. I mean, he distorts the shit out of his recordings. He must have hearing damage or brain damage to think his music is sonically pleasing which is what it was all about last time I looked. Also apart from the engineering/audio frequency stuff, the content is uber shite. It is like Daft Punk on a day off. They are bad enough anyway, but this was meant as an insult if you didn't already get that.

So, he has every chance!

I am fully aware it is not the 'classy' thing to do to criticise others music. I mean, where do I find the time? If I was so successfull myself? I understand all that. But this is the interwebs. A sewer for the most part. Kvr is pretty good in that it has fresh waters where one can still breath and drink from the fountain, without being poisoned.

I just take exception to you conception. Lose your illusion! V0RT3X.

You are implying that Madeon has talent (he doesn't - he is worse than a hack). And you are also implying that this guy is not as good (he is - he is just as f**king bad - meaning terrible).

No wonder the kids of today have hearing damage. And they are just the ones making the music. Madeon should be put in an old people's home. And let's see how long he lasts in there, playing his shit on a Sunday to other hearing impaired/brain damaged people.

If anything, this guy has more talent than Madeon.

And since when did talent == success?

Even if he was any good.

The trouble is, if you make great music, that is sonically crafted like the finest architecture, then you will fail. If you make shite you have a chance. So is that what you are saying V0RT3X? That this guy has no chance because he is not as crap as Madeon? If so, my apologies for grasping the wrong end of the stick.

:-)

</tongue-cheek>

Dude....
Its just an episode.
In the musical journey.

:)
ImageImageImageImage

@ Kain - are you talking about the same Aloysius as the one here at KVR?

If so, how come he doesn't know you?

If you're talking about a different Aloysius, can't you see how that would cause confusion?
(And why can't that second Aloysius promote his own music?).

If you're really trying to promote someone else's music - for the good of that person (rather than the result being a lot of sceptical musicians) - then you're making a very ham-fisted effort of it here.

@ Codec_spurt

I was just pointing out that Madeon was about the similar age as this Aloysius and suddenly got really popular fairly quick due to his skill. I also was directing my question more at Kain who seems to think this Aloysius guy is the next big thing and simply questioning why Aloysius is not already. Sure it could be due to a number of things like bad publicity, or it could be simply that his music does not yet fit the description of the popular EDM sound and style.

As far as Madeon lacking the ability to sing, dance and whatever I don't really think that matters too much when you produce mainstream EDM. It's pretty obvious that EDM is much different in presentation when you compare it to other electronic styles such as Electro pop stuff. I usually clump guys like Madeon and Zedd into the Studio produced crowd that play their stuff in a DJ setup to a bunch of people. I think maybe that is where this Aloysius is trying to head but I am not sure.

Sure you can say Madeon has no talent all you like and that is your opinion which your welcome to. I personally think Madeon does have some good talent that seems to fill a niche in the EDM scene and im not the only one who thinks this seeing how the kid is making a living off his music.

Personally i think KVR is about the last place anyone who produces EDM should go expecting to get good critiques.

Sure if you want to call modern EDM styles crap you can, but i think it's more than that and requires a lot of skill to get "right". No personally i don't think this Aloysius is there yet, but i hope he does get there because I would love anyone to be able to make money off something they love to do.

So Aloysius if your reading this I think you should keep up the work and get serious about your stuff because you could get to where you want. Then again maybe Aloysius does not want EDM fame and just does it for fun?

Last but not least...
I am not a EDM producer, but I do listen to ALOT. I like the genres and would like to someday produce "crap" like deadmau5, skrillex etc because i think it's a fun style.

jancivil wrote:
Kain wrote:Last time I posted about him ... I (apparently) was a little bit to pretentious in my title ... but still honest, really! But the post divided KVR in to two camps and a debate was started ... about the title :?
That's some story. What happened was you presented someone that some people did not find very special, or at all, as "this guy has something really special". People found their own problem with what you actually said, in the title. It is bizarre that you would say it was about the 'title' of the thread as if that distinction makes any difference. You seem to want to redeem yourself through another gesture, which tells me that you realize you're full of shit with this whole approach and at the same time you don't have enough regard for the room not to insult our intelligence some more again.

KVR has kind of 'two camps' anyway, people that came to music through computers that did not do music before that, and people that came to the tech after being musicians and a lifelong interest in it. Not that there has to be such a bright line, but this kind of issue brings that out, you did not create anything by posing that to us. There is no controversy, you had a guy that isn't specifically so happening, yet some people objected to being blunt about it, and/or identified strenuously with that level, and chose that side.

Go help the guy that wonders how it is people don't care about his music! This is a very self-involved bit of shite you're pushing on us here, we've been here and done that, you know. Let it go, the people that were put off by it are not going to be persuaded into another POV by this, I assure you.
I'd be willing to bet that you are a very unhappy person. :?
[Insert Signature Here]

V0RT3X wrote:@ Codec_spurt

I was just pointing out that Madeon was about the similar age as this Aloysius and suddenly got really popular fairly quick due to his skill.
Yeah, I got that. Hence the tongue-cheek tag at the end. But it was too much like pure gold not to jump on you and make some kind of point. Not even sure what it was.

Some people get lucky. Even people that make great music can have success as much as those that don't.

Maybe that was my point.

codec_spurt wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:@ Codec_spurt

I was just pointing out that Madeon was about the similar age as this Aloysius and suddenly got really popular fairly quick due to his skill.
Yeah, I got that. Hence the tongue-cheek tag at the end. But it was too much like pure gold not to jump on you and make some kind of point. Not even sure what it was.

Some people get lucky. Even people that make great music can have success as much as those that don't.

Maybe that was my point.

I agree some people are in the right place at the right time. This is how alot of famous people become famous in hollywood, and maybe so for music too. I do think that luck alone is not just the defining factor though, as the person should also have a good set of skills in whatever it is they do. So for music I think they should have a good knowledge of production skills and the tools they use. I also believe that person should also have a good idea in what the mainstream audience wants to hear musically which i think helps them thrive.

I don't think that anyone who lacks a certain degree of musical aptitude can become very popular because after all good music requires skill in either knowing what the audience wants to hear, or being gifted in knowing what sounds good. I've heard plenty of people with "tin ears" when it comes to melody and they honestly believe they are good.

I am also not saying that Aloysius is that bad at all, actually i think he has a chance if he keeps on doing whatever it is he does.

While I don't hear anything particularly special about the Aloysius track, it is a decent track coming from a bedroom producer who's starting out.
Seriously,the negativity in this forum is both amusing and sad. There's some sour, curmudgeonly people in this thread alone... You're past your primes, your dreams will never come true, blah blah blah...get over it and move on.
[Insert Signature Here]

V0RT3X wrote: I don't think that anyone who lacks a certain degree of musical aptitude can become very popular because after all good music requires skill in either knowing what the audience wants to hear, or being gifted in knowing what sounds good. I've heard plenty of people with "tin ears" when it comes to melody and they honestly believe they are good.
Have you listened to the radio...at all?
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:While I don't hear anything particularly special about the Aloysius track, it is a decent track coming from a bedroom producer who's starting out.

I think I should have said "this" instead of saying what I said before..

V0RT3X wrote: Last but not least...
I am not a EDM producer, but I do listen to ALOT. I like the genres and would like to someday produce "crap" like deadmau5, skrillex etc because i think it's a fun style.

Well, I am an EDM producer. I hate the term, but that is the tag, so...

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I am a musical genius. Not only is my music extremely well produced, but the content of it is exceptional too.

I'm up there with Kruder and Dorfmeister and Aphex Twin.

False modesty is not one of my strong points! :-)

But I digress. This is not about me.

deadmaus is also another untalented hack. I hate saying this because I really really like Joel an awful lot. I dread meeting him. How do you tell someone that they just got lucky and won the lottery, but hey, you are a nice guy? I think he is a really great human being and I can't say that about too many people. He used to post on Kvr but he doesn't any more. Success is frowned upon here. If you mention something you have done then people will HATE you for it. This is not about music it is about plugins.

:-)

As for Skrillex. He is even worse than deadhaus. A tone deaf n'er do well! Ah uh?

You have to see that video with the guy from the doors listening to his music for the first time.

We live in strange days.

It's ok. I don't hate these guys or begrudge them their success, but you really have to question the general status quo when people like Kris Weston - the main man from The Orb is struggling to get shit together, just to make a new album, to give to the world. You would think that people would be beating a path to his door. And it is not about technical ability or being tech savvy. Kris is a true hacker. I called him this and in true hacker style he says 'no, no, I am not'. He chats with Richard Stallman and he writes plugins for web architecture that are in common use, but you would never know. My point is, he can program and he is savvy to it all. But still nothing.

I don't have a chip on my shoulder about it all, and neither does he. But you have to laugh at these times. The poisoned chalice. We all drink from it. Most of us have no choice. But new things are happening. New days are ahead. We live in exciting times. This time next year it won't be the same. It will be a whole new world. And those of us that are creating it are just those of us that do not accept today's status quo. Those of us that dare to criticise the deadhauses and the skrillexes and the madeons.

It has been apparent to anyone with a thinking brain and any love of music at all that these people are anomolies. They made their millions, they get their ***k ******d all they like. Good oh.

We are the music makers.

I'm sorry, if I ever met you in a professional capacity and you mentioned these clowns, for that is what they are, I would just make my polite excuses and leave.

Has no one ever heard of Kruder and Dorfmeister? Hate them or love them, they do not make distorted shit. That can not be disputed. Where it is proven fact that these other idiots do.

Still wanna go out for that beer Joel, without hitting me?

;-)

codec_spurt wrote:Word to the wise:

If anyone is ever so stupid as to try to promote any music here on kvr, well, they will see what they get.

I very recently (eh eh) asked for a monitor comparison. Never again.

KVR is not for music, it is for plugins.

:hihi:
I agree...
[Insert Signature Here]

What's so bad about Madeon? I like him. I wouldn't dare to make similar tracks (to sample 30 commercial songs in one song like he did in "Pop Culture"!) because I'd be afraid of being sued and financially ruined forever...but nevertheless, I like his songs, they're more creative than Garrix, Hardwell & Co.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”