So the controversial Aloysius ... making progress or not?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://soundcloud.com/aloysiusmusic/alo ... uch-rapids

Last time I posted about him ... I (apparently) was a little bit to pretentious in my title ... but still honest, really! But the post divided KVR in to two camps and a debate was started ... about the title :? . So now I have decided to be a little more honest in my intentions. I am not Aloysius, he posted on my soundcloud page 7 months ago and we have connected musically ever since. And after we enjoyed each others music I felt and still feel like it's my duty to promote him on the internet; a couple of times a year. And I sincerely believes his music deserves the attention. But I do acknowledge that taste in music is a personal thing. And personally I really enjoy his melodically driven electronic music (inspired by deadmau5 and Madeon) and I believe he is learning and growing. So that's why I would like to ask you guys (and girls?) a question:

Is he making progress? Or does he still suck?

PS: As you can see this time I have not included his age in the title . If I would do that it would be a lie, since he is 17 now and not 16 anymore. And really, what does it even matter?

I also have not (yet) included a link to my own soundcloud. But I am going to do that right now and (post) spam the song that Aloysius randomly encountered 7 months ago and is the original cause that this post it the latest affect of. The difference in views between his new song and my old song will tell me how much people really hate this post and how many are sincerely interested enough to read all of this and curious enough to click play below.

http://soundcloud.com/matthijsbos/call-me-what-you-want

And boy do I hope to see another 13 pages of replies ... even if they are all about how much of an incredible spammer I am. But I know I am being honest enough this time.

Kain wrote:Last time I posted about him ... I (apparently) was a little bit to pretentious in my title ... but still honest, really! But the post divided KVR in to two camps and a debate was started ... about the title :?
That's some story. What happened was you presented someone that some people did not find very special, or at all, as "this guy has something really special". People found their own problem with what you actually said, in the title. It is bizarre that you would say it was about the 'title' of the thread as if that distinction makes any difference. You seem to want to redeem yourself through another gesture, which tells me that you realize you're full of shit with this whole approach and at the same time you don't have enough regard for the room not to insult our intelligence some more again.

KVR has kind of 'two camps' anyway, people that came to music through computers that did not do music before that, and people that came to the tech after being musicians and a lifelong interest in it. Not that there has to be such a bright line, but this kind of issue brings that out, you did not create anything by posing that to us. There is no controversy, you had a guy that isn't specifically so happening, yet some people objected to being blunt about it, and/or identified strenuously with that level, and chose that side.

Go help the guy that wonders how it is people don't care about his music! This is a very self-involved bit of shite you're pushing on us here, we've been here and done that, you know. Let it go, the people that were put off by it are not going to be persuaded into another POV by this, I assure you.

pointless thread, aimed to stir up something that isnt there.
feedback for a friend? whats the point?

The point? Shameless promotion of someone's music I really like. Not really a friend (but we get along), just someone I met through my souncloud page and I really like his music and so now and then I try to promote him just because I think it's the right thing to do. But you are right, doing it like this ... I don't think he would like it very much. I won't do it again. But my first topic was really genuine, I was so excited. I really thought it was something special based on how I scroll through endless streams of new soundcloud songs and out of 99 songs I don't like | find one I love. You can be damn right I will promote something like this. It's the right thing to do.
Last edited by Kain on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

my only problem with all of this is that you choose this forum section instead of music cafe for your promotion; as if music cafe isn't good enough for you or your friend.

not curious enough to click play of either

these threads are lame

Kain wrote: I am not Aloysius, he posted on my soundcloud page 7 months ago and we have connected musically ever since.
Disclaimer: I am not him either. I have never been in contact with Kain.

The views expressed in this article are those of the author.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I guess he knows how to use his software and find good sounds, but then you only really need one finger to be able to do that these days.

Like a lot of amateur electronic music, there's a lot of repetition, copy and pasting and pretty much the same notes, bassline used throughout. There are no surprising key or chord changes which I think personally is what sets apart someone who knows about composing music rather than just playing with gear and noodling about for 4-5 minutes

just my 2 cents
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Aloysius wrote:
Kain wrote: I am not Aloysius, he posted on my soundcloud page 7 months ago and we have connected musically ever since.

im not him either, glad to have the opportunity to clear that up.

I am not vurt either. The views expressed by vurt in this article are those of vurt and do not necessarily represent the views, opinions, or positions of, and should not be attributed to my good self. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I'm Spartacus.

vurt wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
Weird.
I, also, am not him... Hmm.

But OP, feel free to push my music all over the web also, if you like. Im a genius.
ImageImageImageImage

Sure ... if I really like it ... maybe I will. Listening to it now.

vurt wrote:
Aloysius wrote:

I am not Sparticus.

(ducks head).

Aloysius wrote:
I have never been in contact with Kain.
but would you if you were able?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”