Raising Funds for Bernie @ Nomad Factory

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

crazy to see such support for this. seriously a very impressive community!

just picked up the MagII bundle. Hoping the best for Bernie!

I also picked up the MagII bundle.

Hope Bernie gets all the treatment he needs and that this helps his family get through this difficult time.

Masr wrote:Echos is my first NF plugin and I am really happy about the way it sounds. I would not normally buy it as I do not desperately need it, but I am happy I did.

that is exactly my thoughts. It is great and glad I got it and glad it helped a little.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Dear Friends,

Less than a week ago, we sent a mailing in order to RAISE FUNDS for our friend and partner Bernie Torelli at Nomad Factory that has unfortunately been admitted in a hospital in Los-Angeles for a serious spine disease due to a cancer he was diagnosed with over two years ago.

Well today it is with great pleasure that I am able to announce that we have already raised and sent over $60 000 to Bernie's family! But that is unfortunately still far short of the necessary funds needed to cover Bernie's growing medical costs that are quite simply RIDICULOUS !

We will therefore keep the "Raising Funds" promotion going until December 31.

Please use any of the links below to spread the good word as far and loud as you possibly can...

• Please share our "Raising Funds" post on your FACEBOOK page.
• You may also want to RT (re-tweet) our announcement on TWITTER

On behalf of Bernie and his family, I want to thank ALL of you that have spontaneously participated in our "Raising-Funds" promotion, contributing to making it so successful up until now!

We have given Bernie a reason to smile and a great big dose of hope… And that is surely the very best medicine !

I personally want to thank ALL of you for the lovely comments and the amazing user testimonials posted here at KVR Audio as well as on Gearslutz, Motunation, Cakewalk and so many others.

Thank you so much !

Eric Nolot
CEO & President
DontCrack.com

$60'000 is "far short"... God bless America, indeed.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:$60'000 is "far short"... God bless America, indeed.
Yeah, Isn't that wild :?
Plugiman
www.Plugivery.com
Plugivery Distribution

Donated a bit too. Don't really need more plugins, but if 60k isn't enough... that's sad. Perhaps someone can write it up when it's over, the good and the bad of it, and why this was necessary, because obviously not everyone is able to garner so much sympathy and raise funds.

I don't know what to say, when i read 60 grand is far short. That is really sad. Sorry Bernie, and sorry to all the ill in America who are presented with such a seemingly terrible medical system.

I know you dontcrack guys aren't sure exactly what you need, but it would kind of help to have a target. I mean i am starting to think we are talking a couple hundred k at least here right? When is the deadline for his surgery to have the best chance of success? Obviously the sooner the better, as in they are ready to operate when he has the funds right now?

Anyway, I will buy the motown bundle and a couple of other things next pension payday (next friday) to to a little bit more from my end. Maybe magma as well. Let's try and hit 200k by Xmas!

This thread makes me wonder every time, who helps the thousands of people with cancer who don't have plug-ins to sell?
Or who cares about them, at all.
They just die alone silently, poor, with no chance to get cured.

Not to mention people who just went through terrible catastrophies, like in the Philippines.

I'm sorry, I know I will be the bad guy now, but I needed to articulate that.
I wish Bernie all the best, honestly.

Please let's not turn this thread into a political discussion. Let's keep it positive ok! 60k is a great start!

Novalis wrote: I needed to articulate that.
Why?

Because each time I have to think about
the thousands of people with cancer who don't have plug-ins to sell
And a very good friend of mine just recently died of cancer... maybe that was another reason.

Novalis wrote:Because each time I have to think about
And a very good friend of mine just recently died of cancer... maybe that was another reason.

The point is we can help this one person. We can't help everyone. My Mom died from cancer. It doesn't matter. In this thread it is about helping this one person.

Dear friends,

Thank you all for the sincere comments. I understand it might seem unfair to some of you that we are specifically supporting one just because he is a great artist or a talented software developer. Somehow seems awkward? Yes perhaps it does !

My dad died from a brain cancer not even one month ago and I was far from being able to provide such support to him and our family. But i'm still proud to support Bernie's cause simply because it is possible to do so.

It is great to see how a community can allover sudden become touched by a cause while it doesn't affect each individual directly. It proves that their is compassion in this world that has become totally ego centred.

I guess it is also a way to exorcise our fear of modern diseases such as cancer that affects all of us on a global scale. There is also something disturbing about the healthcare business (particularly in the USA) that somehow, makes us feel guilty and leads us to support such causes...

I like to believe that what we are all doing here is right as it ONLY implies buying cool software at reduced price while that greatly helps someone that (as weird as it may sound), is "financially" struggling for his life... No one deserves that and that might just be, the main message delivered here !

There definitely are millions of persons that are facing medical issues and won't receive such amazing support from a community but in my opinion, what we are doing here is simply a positive response to a lack of political decisions where governments prefer (or are constrained) to support industries rather than protecting their own people.

I hope this won't open a freaky political debate as my point was just to mention that I totally understand how some of you can feel uncomfortable with such things as our fund-raiser promotion...
Please let's not turn this thread into a political discussion. Let's keep it positive ok! 60k is a great start!
Absolutely ! Let's keep it cool and YES, 60k sure is an incredible start. Looks like we might reach 100k or more ;-)

The most amazing thing here in my opinion is that this fund-raiser promo got thousands of users to download and try Nomad Factory products. The overall feedback and testimonials are simply incredible like if users just discovered this week that Nomad Factory's products are great and that they greatly stand-out in front of any other major software companies...

You guys all know that we at DontCrack have been supporting Nomad Factory's products for years and it is perhaps the first time that we receive such amazing user testimonials particularly with fantastic products such as Magnetics, Echoes and the new COSMOS.

As we highly promoted these 3 products, users got to try other Nomad software such as the legendary Blue-Tubes series and many other great tube emulation plug-ins that definitely should receive better press support and more globally, better product highlights. I guess it's just that Nomad never had the marketing budget to promote their products has other companies do :-/

We have now taken full distribution of Nomad Factory products and I am pleased to say that we are in very close relation-ship with developers that are actively working on up-dating the entire Nomad product line. New versions of the powerful MAGMA are on the way and many new products will emerge from the technology invested into this great host application...

I was able to talk to Bernie last night and I want to let all of you know that he is so concerned and touched by the incredible support provided through the actual raising-funds promo. He personally asked me to manage the overall projects with the devs as he is in the hospital and hopefully back home shortly for recovery. The good news is that he will finally have surgery to his spine this week which should relief the great pain that can no longer be relieved by medicine...

I'll frequently post information about Bernie's situation and where we stand with the financial situation. I believe we can help Bernie get better AND save the company which would be a miracle ! If that happens it will be thanks to YOU and the great audio community...

Most simply, THANKS for the great support and the amazing user testimonials here on the KVR board!

PS : Please use the links below to spread the good word as far and loud as you possibly can…

• You may share our "Raising Funds" post on your FACEBOOK page.
• You might also want to re-tweet our message on TWITTER

Thank you so much !

Eric Nolot
CEO & President
DontCrack.com

ATS wrote:
Novalis wrote:Because each time I have to think about

The point is we can help this one person. We can't help everyone. My Mom died from cancer. It doesn't matter. In this thread it is about helping this one person.

precisely. :tu:

(ps so sorry about your mum, and Eric about your Dad. My sincere condolences).

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”