Raising Funds for Bernie @ Nomad Factory

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear friends,

Our long time partner Bernie Torelli at Nomad Factory needs your help !

Today we are sad to announce that our friend Bernie Torelli has been admitted in a hospital in Los-Angeles for a serious spine disease due to a cancer he was diagnosed with over two years ago. Although it is very serious at this time, there are chances that Bernie will make a full recovery, if all the necessary care is done. But the medical costs have already devastated Bernie's family financial situation, making any chance of necessary surgery nearly impossible !

We have therefore decided to help him out by raising funds by promoting and donating the receipts of Nomad Factory's best selling products :

MAGNETIC II, ECHOES and COSMOS at the no brainer cost of ONLY $19.

The Magnetics Bundle II that contains ALL three plug-ins is actually dropped at ONLY $49 !

And all other Nomad Factory products are sold at up to 70% discount until December 31.

It is needless to say that 90% of the income provided through this promotion will be directly sent to Bernie's wife for her to manage the mounting health costs but also continue to pay Nomad Factory's employees that have been continuously working on product development and customer support during Bernie's illness.

That is certainly the most important reason for Bernie to fight for his life as all of his time has loyally been devoted to his work, his employees, his friends and most of all, his family… Great new products are almost ready to launch…

BERNIE NEEDS OUR HELP AND HE NEEDS IT NOW !

Direct Donations may be adressed via Paypal at : order@nomadfactory.com
(Please fill "Raising Funds for Bernie" in the subject line)

Testimonials can be posted in this dedicated forum thread :
http://forums.dontcrack.com/index.php?showtopic=142219

Thank you so much !

Eric Nolot
CEO & Président
DontCrack inc.

About Bernie Torelli - CEO and main developer at Nomad Factory

Many underestimate Bernie's career as an incredible musician, composer, sound engineer and perhaps most of all, as a very talented software developer :

Bernie Torelli, founder of Nomad Factory is an internationally recognised recording engineer, producer and composer who has worked in Paris, Montreal, and Los Angeles with legendary musicians and artists such as Stanley Clarke in Los Angeles, Michel Polnareff in France, Marie Carmen in Montreal just to name a few. Bernie was nominated for a grammy award for mixing Cab2 "Best Contemporary Jazz Instrumental Album".

In 2001, focusing on experience acquired through over 25 years of analog engineering, Bernie started developing products reminiscent of 60's and 70's technology. The Blue Tubes Bundle was born. As an engineer working at Track Star Studios in San Diego, California, Bernie quickly replaced the studio's standard plug-ins with his own. A host of top notch player's passing through could not help but notice the amazing sound quality, combined with user friendly features. After being asked over and over if these products were available on the market, in mid-2002 Nomad Factory became an official company selling plug-ins on the internet.

Licenses and Development : Bernie Torelli has developed for Spectrasonics most of the effects included in the Rack Effects section of the "Stylus RMX" and the incredible "Omnisphere". Bernie Torelli, head engineer at Nomad Factory is also the Software Product Manager at BBE Sound Inc. in charge of all BBE Sound Inc. software development, Bernie also developed three new DSP effects for Fxpansion and quite a few Plug & Mix plug-ins as well as the final P&M installers.

Bernie has worked with : Nick D' Virgilio, Jerry Goodman, Robert Lamm, Josquin des Pres, Bunny Brunel, Lenny Castro, Curt Bisquera, Reggie Hamilton, Carl Evans, David Stark, Jimmy Crespo, Gerry Brown, Kamil Rustam, Stanley Clarke, Scott Gorham, Jamie Reno, Michel Polnareff, Earl Thomas, Sunru, Mario Olivares, Tony MacAlpine, Patrice Rushen, Nicolas Peyrac, Jessica Moreno, William Sheller, Brian Auger, Karma Auger, Salvatore Adamo, Chris Pinnick, Jean-Paul Dreau, Philip Steele, Michel Fugain, Thomas Connor, Charles Elie Couture, Brianna Cara, Nicoletta, Joey Pearson, Allison Paige, Michael Greene, Oscar Aragon, Redbone, Dennis Chambers, Charley Pride, Randy Meisner, Dickey Betts, Da Vinci Vox, Jean-Jacques Chardeau, Eve Selis, Deadbolt, Marie Carmen, David Singletary, The Rockets, Steve Smith, David Maldonado, Dana Leewood, Pepper Williams, Viva Santana, and so many others…

Last edited by Plugivery on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

My best wishes! :hug:

I was just reading the email that was sent out and noticed this thread.

What frightening news. At least it sounds like there is a glimmer of hope. Please convey all my best wishes to Bernie and his family.

Thank you for organizing this effort to help out.

He has support from my corner of the world! Hang on man.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

someone posted over at Cakewalk software forum and bunch of support coming.

I plan on a couple of purchases to help the cause.

very sad to hear about Bernie. I hope this helps a little bit.

Very sorry to hear, will do my part to help out, so went the full package.
Last edited by adduco on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for making us aware of this and for your unselfish contributions from the sale of his plugins on your website. Instantly bought a few items and hoping for the best. Bernie deserves our support.
Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. [C. S. Lewis]

So it is just the 3 products MAGNETIC II, ECHOES and COSMOS go to help Bernie right? The other products do not?

"We have therefore decided to help him out by raising funds by promoting and donating the receipts of Three of Nomad Factory's best selling products"

Also is there a link to directly donate without buying anything?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:So it is just the 3 products MAGNETIC II, ECHOES and COSMOS go to help Bernie right? The other products do not?

"We have therefore decided to help him out by raising funds by promoting and donating the receipts of Three of Nomad Factory's best selling products"
DontCrack wrote:It is needless to say that 90% of the income provided through this promotion will be directly sent to Bernie's wife for her to manage the mounting health costs but also continue to pay Nomad Factory's employees that have been continuously working on product development and customer support during Bernie's illness.

Unfortunately I don't have any more money after the Cyber Weekend but I'll think about buying something end of December. May he get well soon!

I'm trying to buy but the store is telling me:

Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.
Please alter the quantity of products marked with (***), Thank you

What gives?
aka MMI
music at: http://alonetone.com/mmi

I really hope Bernie is not suffering and I really hope he gets the money that he needs to get the care that he needs.

I will purchase Cosmos tonight or tomorrow. It's been on my wish list and at that price there is no excuse not to get it, especially if it can help pay some of Bernie's medical bills.

I already own Echoes (my favorite Nomad Factory plugin) and Magnetic II (my 2nd favorite). I highly recommend the magnetic II bundle. $49 for these 3 plugins is a complete no brainer.
Play it by ear

Sorry to hear the news. Hopefully one day medical care will be provided with respect to a patients' needs rather than their incomes. Until that day arrives and we need to resort to business-charity, I will buy the bundle - good for me (great plugs at a great price) and hopefully will help make a difference for Bernie and family.

Good luck!

When i try to get cosmos i only have the website shows product now found. I already have the rest of Nomad stuff so the best i can do is to get the cosmos.
musisikamar.com

l3xh2k wrote:I'm trying to buy but the store is telling me:

Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.
Please alter the quantity of products marked with (***), Thank you

What gives?
I got this same error in my cart. Now it says "product not found" when you click on Cosmos. I am sure it will get sorted out and I will be at the ready with my credit card.
Play it by ear

i'll get the magnetic 2 pack also come this friday pension payday :) Wishing him a full recovery! He's always been very polite to me with emails :) Seems like a great guy.

I have an idea, remember a year ago the dontcrack groupbuy that got you guys over half a million dollars? Maybe you could incentive people to buy more if you do a match for donation thing per purchase. Well on second thoughts that's not that fair, but maybe you can put in $5 for every 20 spent, like a 25% match? That would be cool :) :cool:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”