Was supposed to play a party...but....that didn't happen

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you are interested in the live stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/mrflyte
I'll be on at 8PM central time.

And for those of you who missed it, here is the recording with all my mistake-goodness. Yeah first couple of songs I was having troubles tansitioning. Ignore that, it was....er...intentional. We'll go with that.

https://soundcloud.com/ntommusic/4-floo ... ive-mix-12
TRACKS (in order of appearance)
Lost In You (Hugga Thugg Remix) - Dusky
Stereo Love - Edward Maya
Prelude (Andrew Bayer & James Grant Remix) Above & Beyond
Thank You (Deep Dish Remix) - Dido
Clocks (Deep Dish Remix) - Coldplay
Feel So Close (Extended Mix) - Calvin Harris
Heart of Glass (Marky Style Remix) - Blondie
Hot N Cold (Jason Nevins Remix) - Katy Perry
Human (Ocelot Remix) - The Killers
Satellite (Flipside Vocal Mix) - Oceanlab
Lilith's Club - Noisia (DMC:Devil May Cry Soundtrack)
Last edited by ntom on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

What kind of music do you play?

will there be girls?

It'll just be ntom with a webcam, dressed in nothing but cape and thong. :love: :lol: :lol:

Acid Mitch wrote:It'll just be ntom with a webcam, dressed in nothing but cape and thong. :love: :lol: :lol:
I can do that if you want.....
I don't have a thong....or for that matter a cape. I guess I could grab a bed sheet.

Well Aside from some adjustments that I'll make to the setlist, it was supposed to be for a party that they wanted "non-stop energy". So it's all mostly clubby dance music - 4 on the floor and that stuff. They originally wanted some Texano and country, but considering I am not that good of a DJ, I can't mix those very well into the mix, so I'll probably cut those out.

For an idea I have:
Dido, Coldplay, Katy Perry, Edward Maya, and...maybe Daft Punk...
Like I said, I'm not the most highest skilled DJ, and Daft Punk typically plays at a much slower tempo.

I'd be happy to make this a "KVR" playlist if anyone has any easy-to-mix (4 one the floor) tracks they want to dump in the mix. The Tempo is at 130.

ntom wrote: Dido, Coldplay,

/finishs drink and leaves party without waiting for coat.

Dido makes 4-to-the-floor dance music now? :o :shock: :-o

I only heard boring pop music from her, sounding like lullabies.

I'd rather listen to the music from her brother "Rollo".

If you are looking for KVR interest, I suggest doing a DJ set entirely out of Music Cafe material.
ntom wrote:I don't have a thong....or for that matter a cape. I guess I could grab a bed sheet.
deadmau5 is nothing without his mouse head. I think you should have a Flyte cape as part of your stage show. I would advise against the thong though. :)

Your new DJ costume is ready, Mr. FLYte... :wink:

Tricky-Loops wrote:Your new DJ costume is ready, Mr. FLYte... :wink:

Excellent....yes, I can see it now. I will be the most annoying human every who will always have to climb ontop of your food. I am Mr. House Fly(te)
I do have an old hat which is where I kind of got the name. The hat has a metal wing stitched into it (a friend did that for me)and it has an ostridge feather going out the side...I wore it so much it's rather sun bleached now, but I guess I could show pictures of it.

Dido and Coldplay are both remixes.
They client said they had people from all different ages - from 20 to close-to-retiring-age. So I didn't want to drop the WUBWUBWUBS. Both remixes are actually rather relaxing, but still have some good dance energy. They were kind of what I was hoping to start the set list with so I wasn't going to be droppin'da'bass in the first few minutes.

EDIT:
pics

It's definitely seen better days, the black has faded to brown, the band around the hat the holds the feather in has come loose, and it doesn't seem to like to hold it's shape very well any more.
Last edited by ntom on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frantz wrote:If you are looking for KVR interest, I suggest doing a DJ set entirely out of Music Cafe material.
Something I will consider for next time. Typically I practice these setlist for awhile, and actually this party came up so short notice I didn't get to practice it too much, ha ha ha.
But I am certain if I had the time to piece together good tracks from the Cafe I could try to do a good mix. If that's something you guys would be interested in I'll do that at some point.

My twitch.tv is up live right now, but I am working on the kinks before the show starts. 15 'til.

http://www.twitch.tv/mrflyte

No hat, no cape. :( Just a guy smoking e-cigarettes.

Frantz wrote:http://www.twitch.tv/mrflyte

No hat, no cape. :( Just a guy smoking e-cigarettes.
Awh man, I'm sorry, I literally got done working all the difficulties out 10 minutes before the show went on and I wanted to use the time to "soundcheck"
If I do a KVR Cafe Mix I'll be sure to be in costume.

I would like to thank everyone who participated in the live stream! I felt like it went really well.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”