Which physical object sends random vibrations?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let an emo girl play the cymbals, connect her with the guitar amplifier and send white noise through her ears... She will vibrate...

Ok, ok,

Line the inside of a hulahoop with horse hairs.
Line the outside of the emo girl with violins.
Commence gyroscopic sound synthesis.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Ok, ok,

Line the inside of a hulahoop with horse hairs.
Line the outside of the emo girl with violins.
Commence gyroscopic sound synthesis.

that just might work!

im hitting the local park tomorrow to grab an emo girl!

although i am wondering why it has to be emo? are they known to be more random than other subcultures?

Well, youd think hippies would be the best at pro-audio-hooping, but no.
They tend to go wildly out of time, and get all elliptical.
Emo chicks, while somewhat square-wavey, have dead on timing.
I slave all my hardware to my emo chicks clock. :party:
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Well, youd think hippies would be the best at pro-audio-hooping, but no.
They tend to go wildly out of time, and get all elliptical.
Emo chicks, while somewhat square-wavey, have dead on timing.
I slave all my hardware to my emo chicks clock. :party:
i might grab a hippy as well then, run them together for harmonic beating :)

ZenPunkHippy wrote:DMT
+
Mushy Mushy wrote:A dildo.
= :party:

A mini review ...

Captain America - reminds me of bowling (so not sexy!)
Iron Man - the hot dog wiener. 98lb weakling?
Thor ... phwooooaarrrrrrrrrrrr, come get me tiger!
... space is the place ...

Jedinhopy wrote:
SODDI wrote:
Jedinhopy wrote:I want the harmonics that appears after you have hit the cymbal with fingernails should sustain forever instead of decaying into silence.[/size]
Have you thought of bowing the cymbal, like a Tibetan singing bowl? Of course, it would have to be an immaculately tuned cymbal so that it would resonate. Most kit cymbals are only good for crashing.
I want a violin bow without bow changes.
As if the length of the violin bow was endless. And a machine pushing it forward forever with constant speed.
Not a machine, not forever, not a bow, not a cymbal, not random, and not particularly constant, but still interesting: http://www.ellenfullman.com/

Also, "endless violin bow" makes me think of a hurdy-gurdy. The wheel, IIRC, is just wood coated with rosin. For a cymbal, a smoothish rubber wheel should be fine, depending on pressure.

I've used a Vornado Zippi desk fan -- which has soft fabric "blades" instead of a cage for safety -- to play a kalimba. There was motor noise but I removed it with noise reduction software, which was close enough for my purposes at the time. Now I'm curious how it would do with my small hand cymbals, or my bass. (If the pickups don't go nuts from having an electric motor nearby, that could work pretty well...)

foosnark wrote:
Jedinhopy wrote:
SODDI wrote:
Jedinhopy wrote:I want the harmonics that appears after you have hit the cymbal with fingernails should sustain forever instead of decaying into silence.[/size]
Have you thought of bowing the cymbal, like a Tibetan singing bowl? Of course, it would have to be an immaculately tuned cymbal so that it would resonate. Most kit cymbals are only good for crashing.
I want a violin bow without bow changes.
As if the length of the violin bow was endless. And a machine pushing it forward forever with constant speed.
Not a machine, not forever, not a bow, not a cymbal, not random, and not particularly constant, but still interesting: http://www.ellenfullman.com/

Also, "endless violin bow" makes me think of a hurdy-gurdy. The wheel, IIRC, is just wood coated with rosin. For a cymbal, a smoothish rubber wheel should be fine, depending on pressure.

I've used a Vornado Zippi desk fan -- which has soft fabric "blades" instead of a cage for safety -- to play a kalimba. There was motor noise but I removed it with noise reduction software, which was close enough for my purposes at the time. Now I'm curious how it would do with my small hand cymbals, or my bass. (If the pickups don't go nuts from having an electric motor nearby, that could work pretty well...)
Where is the shop store?

do we be google?

vurt wrote:do we be google?
Give me the correct search keys.

a minor is the best key for searching. i always find my keys if im humming in a minor.

vurt wrote:
robojam wrote:
vurt wrote:no hulk?
No. It's incompatible with the iRing...

"hulk smash your backdoor in!" :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AZs6yhiRms

Eric Idle has more a look of curiosity rather than surprise terror and distress though.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

:hihi:

Jedinhopy wrote:
vurt wrote:do we be google?
Give me the correct search keys.
Here is your very own exclusive search key:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”