Which physical object sends random vibrations?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I need to know the name of such tool to be able to find it and buy it.
I have already described the way it works.

It can send random vibrations to make objects resonate as long as you want.
Particularly hanging metal plates and cymbals.

If the physical object is placed in your hands. You should feel the vibration.

Clear case. You need a wife.

A dildo.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

You could also try iRing...

With a bit of math you can easily build one yourself.

http://femci.gsfc.nasa.gov/random/

A random vibration is a noise oscillation that creates infinite sound when it comes against objects.

Unless you're using a brick of uranium or other radioactive substance which decays in a "random" way, the "vibrations" won't be random.

If you're talking about a wired or wireless vibrator these are a couple dollars from an electronics supplier like digikey.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... ND/3083191

You can also find sensors, wireless transceivers, IR transceivers, whatever you need.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

everything vibrates. that is the nature of everything.

or, kick it in the sack!

Monkeys are physical objects that do an excellent job of randomly vibrating cymbals.

Last edited by Frantz on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mushy Mushy wrote:A dildo.
:uhuhuh: but only if it's circuit-bent

Frantz wrote:Monkeys are physical objects that do an excellent job of randomly vibrating cymbals.

dont kick a chimp in the nuts though, hell eat your face!

I am not talking about rhythmic vibrations.

Then drive the motor with a PRNG or filtered noise generator circuit. :shrug:

What you're talking about is pretty much (simplification sure, but...) a physical chaos generator. Essentially the same to a very low-frequency avalanche reverse-breakdown. You can create a circuit to produce this very same effect, or you can write software. Whether that would actually make sense or not is another question however.

http://www.cmp.caltech.edu/~mcc/chaos_new/Chua.html

I believe that in the conditions you gave as examples the ideal solution will be pulses of vibration at a fixed frequency. This will create an effect similar to repeated "random" strumming/tapping of the surface of the cymbals which is in many cases arguably more pleasing than what you might generate in other ways.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”