Another FM video with cracked Sylenth. ...and Martin Garrix.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not sure why FM is promoting these dubious producers at all. What so interesting they are showing there on their screens? Everybody is shouting: "DROPS!!" Did you hear that genius drop at xx:xx! AAAAAAA!!"

It's really unlikely that FM will be showing us some interesting artists anymore, cos they want to generate more bucks. It's Really unlikely kids will buy an FM issue with, say, Tycho, Proem, Moderat, Apparat, Daniel Myer, BVDUB and so on.

Who are those guys? Some ancient prophets from the Bible? :lol:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:Who are those guys? Some ancient prophets from the Bible? :lol:

.-.
Those who have music with more that one note pressed during the song. :wink:

See the difference?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHXFJKrdBGI

or this :lol: (are they all the same, no?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSguPHYR ... 029A8A6ADE

See the difference?

jancivil wrote:
robotmonkey wrote: I don't what form of CP this particular synth uses, but if it is eLicenser or iLok or some dumb proprietary C/R system then I fully understand why someone would use TeamAir version instead.
wow but is moderation here lax these days. how are you still a member?
It is not arguable whether this would be "advocating" copyright violation. It was only said that it was "understood", not advocated.

Nobody sane and competent would ever advocate violations! Even if a product is from an "evil corporation" who you don't want to support but absolutely "need" the product - simply by putting the product to use for any purpose or mentioning its name you have aided them. A sane person would advocate free software and dismiss outright products they don't support.

The point in question seems to have been that one can "understand" that a product one otherwise supports carrying such a disincentive for use would create motivation to seek out ways to remove such copy protections.

I've purchased a bit of software and the software I use the least is that which creates irritating copy-protection related issues when I attempt to use it. In fact I wanted to work in a certain area last week and decided not to bother at all, as installing the software I wanted to use required installing copy-protection software with it. Instead I've decided never to support this company or their products again and find alternatives without these issues.

I considered downloading the cracked version to use, but decided that I hate these bastards for punishing me as a customer when I want to use a product I purchased. I simply threw it out as it is trash not deserving of my concern. I will find a replacement.

What you seem to suggest is that I acted in good faith, while if I'd continued to use the product or support the company I would have not. Good, we are in agreement.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

I hate all these iLoks, dongles, bloated license centers and WUP centers and whatever, too, (and C/R isn't optimal, either) but if someone makes big money with music, where's the problem to install them? An iLok together with a thumb drive cost maybe $40, and it doesn't hurt...

Last edited by Uedi on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://][img]http://[/img][/url]

Tricky-Loops wrote:I hate all these iLoks, dongles, bloated license centers and WUP centers and whatever, too, (and C/R isn't optimal, either) but if someone makes big money with music, where's the problem to install them? An iLok together with a thumb drive cost maybe $40, and it doesn't hurt...
Sure, in some cases. Unfortunately I'm talking about a situation with old, obsolete copy protection software. They claim this is "stable and adds no overhead except when starting up the protected software", but why then does it need to modify my system in obtrusive ways and run constantly in the background? Why does it actively interfere with other software to which they reply "then don't run that other software, we're sure you didn't need that anyway."

I need to know that this will have zero effect on this system. I use this system for other purposes which need this absolute assurance. Would I buy a complete new system just to run this software? No, it turns out there are a whole lot of reasons I don't like the software and company and while I would have overlooked these issues the additional hassle of the copy protection had the effect of bursting that bubble pretty quick.

This is complete bullshit, which is why as I said I threw the product in the garbage can where apparently it had always belonged. I should have never bought it.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

Noone likes copy protections. But then, vids like these make me sad, as the alternative for some companies will be to not develop any more software at all:

@ 7:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E66vNYsnsME

After all, this is the audio app market where piracy is harming the whole business, you can't just absorb that as in the game market, where you will still sell loads of copies, even though your products get pirated. Hence copy protections always will be double shitty.

Last edited by Uedi on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

First, screw you all for subjecting me to this music which I see I've been successfully avoiding for quite some time. :D
Horrible. Just horrible.
And I say this as someone who likes, on purpose, things that are quite simply and even amateurishly produced (there's a lot of small-label industrial from the mid to late 90s I love that often sounds like one cheap drum machine, a hastily done 16th note bassline and a few pads here and there).
I'm someone who still loves the music for old vhs company logos. I love the incredibly cheesy synth scores of z-grade movies from the 80s.
Maybe I'm not sophisticated enough. I am kinda sorta wowed at some guys on YouTube who play something simple and straightforward on a Juno 60 + whatever for bass + TR-707 for example.
But I still love Tangerine Dream...and Holst...and Wagner....and Rush. :shrug:

This stuff though... gahh.

Anyway.
As the folks who are rightly unhappy that they pay for their softs and stains like this guy do not and flaunt it I'm likewise upset for a different though similar reason.
I simply can't afford to buy something like Sylenth1. I've been lucky to scrape enough money just to buy the few low-price DAWs I've used over the years. (Heck, those are cheaper than most synths!)

I've never owned a payware instrument ever (well...okay...maybe my few basses I owned when I played bass years ago count, but whatever). I cannot justify the cost.
I can't afford hardware of any type. I don't even own a controller keyboard after all this time.

I didn't even take the offer generously given by a dev a while back when I was looking for an easy and one-stop-shop ROMpler that he send me a particular one for a free trial. I didn't because I didn't see that as fair, despite it being offered by the dev himself. I'd really rather pay. I cannot, so I have not.
But, guess what? I'm still alive. I still have a lot of truly great-sounding freeware synths. I want for nothing, really. (and truthfully, I've demoed a few payware synths and didn't think they really sounded better...usually just...louder)

To make a long story short ("Too late!"), I can't afford to buy them, so I don't. He can and won't. Sick.

I see a lot of kids in the comments of the 'in the studio' vid making the case that, well they're 14 and don't have a job and so they can't afford the synths so they steal them. I can't believe that none of these kids haven't been exposed to freeware VSTs. They're familiar with freeware in other software. If they're not then...well, no...I refuse to believe they're not.

After all this babbling I guess my point is: jerks.
"The last man on earth doesn't miss anyone at all." - Haujobb, Faith In Chaos

MachFront wrote:I see a lot of kids in the comments of the 'in the studio' vid making the case that, well they're 14 and don't have a job and so they can't afford the synths so they steal them. I can't believe that none of these kids haven't been exposed to freeware VSTs. They're familiar with freeware in other software. If they're not then...well, no...I refuse to believe they're not.
I can't believe that none of these kids have parents who taught the difference between right and wrong. :(
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:I can't believe that none of these kids have parents who taught the difference between right and wrong. :(
I can. I see you have some of that lingering youthful optimism and naive idealism about human spirit and all that. :hug:

Not the most accurate icon, I wanted more of a slap on the back.

Last edited by Uedi on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm going to be fair; Piracy will always live, and that is just a fact.
Some developers may have already realized that fighting it only makes it stronger. Some, continue to try, and really the end result is cause a headache for the legitimate user and still, piracy, after a few months, will be just as easy as ever.
It about the service they are providing:
The pirates will always have one upper hand over the developers and that is that their service is always free. When the devs start using iLoks or pain in the ass security systems, all of a sudden: piracy now offers an even better service. A service without all the headaches,the updates, and all the nagging stuff that people don't want to be FORCED into doing.
With that said, some I think it's time for some restructing of marketing to help proactively and insensitively fight pirating: Offering things to make customers not just happy about the product they bought, but the developer who did it. And I may not have the answers to how to do this, but it's time to start thinking.
Keeping customers happy by retaining their business is always good, so offering discount coupons for customer loyalty and free goodies to download with you fancy new toy, like maybe a handful of some well polished patches is always nice too.

The other thing is that, for the kids out there who's excuse is that "well I don't have a job so I have to pirate" Then it's times like these maybe developers should reach out and communicate more their their potential consumers.
You can't stop it entirely, remember, but you can try to encourage people not to, and by keeping open support with customers is always good. If they download a demo of your software: send them an email with a friendly reminder that development of that software is their job and the sales of it support them and that by pirating it, it can have detrimental effects to their company and future softwares. Allowing them to extend their trial period and having more forgiving trials will continue to help encourage sales by letting the customer become familiar and comfortable with your product. You can still offer your 15 or 30 day trial, but at the end, again, encourage communications through an email, if they ask for an extention: give it to them. If they are asking about it, that means they are probably thinking about BUYING it (because lord knows they would have already pirated it before asking for an extension).

Anyways, this was a bit of a rant. Yes, pricks like Martin Gerald...Gari...Garfi...whatever the frik his name is, and Avicci, and, well you name it are scum of the earth. And, yes, it makes me sad sometimes, and I will admit to being slightly jealous: I sit here with my freeware VSTs, and don't get me wrong, I love my freeware and I doubt I could ever abandon it. But the things I would do to get Kontakt and some banks for it, or Sylenth, or U-HE products (seriously, if you want to meet me in the back ally, I'll give you the time of your life if you have any of that up for offer)
But, I happily work with the tools I can afford. On the brightside, I can cheerfully say that because of this, I have learned more of an appreciation for the tools I have than the tools I don't. Limitation spawns creation.

This is exactly why Lennar went 'underground'. He lost so many sales to the crackers, he basically gave up. I can't even imagine how he feels still seeing his baby cracked on not one, but two videos produced by a big corporate conglom which I'm sure gets kickbacks from the music industry.
There's no telling how many talented dev's/products we've lost because of this.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”