Another FM video with cracked Sylenth. ...and Martin Garrix.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I mean, come ooooon...

http://producerpeep.wordpress.com/2014/ ... -software/

No, I won't accept any of the execuses thistime. I was a kid too, I've never made a buck by music and yet legalized all my software. He plays on the biggest EDM events in the world right now and has no time or money or what the f*ck ever to buy a Sylenth license? No. This is bull***t.

...he even attends a high school for producers. That's what they teach them? Show off illegal behaviour publically?

...and hey, Lennard, are you going to give all those artists with stolen Sylenths to your kudos section (once you make one) on the webpage? ...so well behaved people can pay for your x years old plugin while other people just steal it and build a succesful career with it?

No bigger VST developers interested in investiating this? Hm? IL, NI, Ableton, nobody? Not even few courious public e-mails that cost nothing?

I swear nothing gets me as angry as this does. ...as much as I love EDM and as I admire how this kid can rule the world with track like this, this makes me really angry. Your thoughts?
Last edited by FarleyCZ on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

And the benefit of this thread will be exactly... what?... reminds me off FB. "Hey look, what a bad guy, i wouldn't do stuff like this!" Anyway, if it makes you happier, vent off your frustrattion, wherever it's coming from. The guys pissed off should be, if then the dev's. Don't understand the anger of a user, unless you actually consider to use warez yourself.
Last edited by chk071 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

never heard of him sorry.

FarleyCZ wrote:...as much as I love EDM
You do? :scared:

chk071 wrote:And the benefit of this thread will be exactly... what?... reminds me off FB. "Hey look, what a bad guy, i wouldn't do stuff like this!" Anyway, if it makes you happier, vent off your frustrattion, wherever it's coming from. The guys pissed off should be, if then the dev's. Don't understand the anger of a user, unless you actually consider to use warez yourself.
No, my anger is going from every freaking human at my country laughing at me for buying my software. EVERYONE. ...and then you see Future Music almost periodically not even bothering to smear the license area of Sylenth doing really good advertisement for the warez community.

...and developers, in lot of cases not even bothering to ask. Labels not being upset about this. Noone gives s s**t giving ultimate proof to all that laughing people. That's what pi***s me off.
Numanoid wrote:
FarleyCZ wrote:...as much as I love EDM
You do? :scared:
Yes sir, if I didn't I'd stay on my warez software years back. EDM wouldn't be what it is today without devs. It's really sad that they get most money from people like us and not from the ones that got famous thanks to their products.
Evovled into noctucat...

How do you know he hasn't bought a license and just uses the cracked versions because it's more reliable?

Fact is you know nothing and have no power to do anything but whine. It really isn't your business and yes, copyright violation of software and anything else is rampant. That is the consequence of attempting to enforce artificial scarcity.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

aciddose wrote:How do you know he hasn't bought a license and just uses the cracked versions because it's more reliable?

Fact is you know nothing and have no power to do anything but whine. It really isn't your business and yes, copyright violation of software and anything else is rampant. That is the consequence of attempting to enforce artificial scarcity.
Oh yes, that makes sense, so devs shoud just give out all the software for free, becouse that won't force scarcity. I get what you're saying, but it's still not fair to the devs and their customers. The message is still the same whether he secretly owns a legal copy or not. Youngsters will see the cracked one and get impression of no respect to SW devs being needed in the world.
Evovled into noctucat...

FarleyCZ wrote:Oh yes, that makes sense, so devs shoud just give out all the software for free, becouse that won't force scarcity. I get what you're saying, but it's still not fair to the devs and their customers. The message is still the same whether he secretly owns a legal copy or not. Youngsters will see the cracked one and get impression of no respect to SW devs being needed in the world.
As if they didn't already feel that way naturally without any outside influence... :hihi:

Convincing people that creators deserve support and that they are owed in the amounts they sometimes ask is an uphill battle. Not only are you going against nature but in a lot of cases also fighting reality, as in realistic assessment of what is owed, deserved and so on.

Reality check: If this guy is really so popular he has done a great service to the developer by posting a video using their product, acting as a free professional endorsement.

If for every 10 new warez copies which come into use there is one single sale, that is one more sale than would have otherwise been made, period. Not ten losses, as nothing was lost. He has purely generated profit.

I am one of these developers!
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

Yes, the state of the industry is as it is. I even use some of your agruments in discussions about enormous fines thrown back from movie industry to people sharing movies. But these two facts are still there. If he do not own a copy, he's massively unthankful to guys like you. ...and FM should be careful about this as there is a numerous ways how to preserve the endorsment and at least cloak the warez proofs.
Evovled into noctucat...

If you look at his soundcloud page, pretty much all of his track titles are related to piracy...
You are currently reading my signature.

Yes but my point is to explain why the developers "don't care". Yes they do care, in fact the guy if he did not ever buy a license deserves to be strung up by his balls and lit on fire before being mashed to a pulp and his ashes pissed upon.

Even so, it serves no purpose to be upset about it or even to do anything at all. If the owner of this synthesizer decided to raise the issue with him, his response could potentially be to buy one license - but in exchange for what? The company would have no doubt lost good-will if they did not handle this in an extremely careful manner, in private.

What else could happen? He could easily tell them "f**k off", take down the videos of their product and start commenting that their product is useless garbage that no successful producer would ever use. It doesn't matter if he does continue to use it, he is free to make these comments and people will either believe them or not.

Is that risk worth the reward of one license? Is it worth the investment of huge time and effort to open communication with him and act in a delicate diplomatic manner to attempt to convince him to purchase a license?

The facts are again, reality check, the only realistic option would be to go nuclear on him and file a lawsuit. This is expensive, extremely risky and will provide minimal relief most likely limited to the cost of a single license.

How is that worth it?

So this doesn't say anything about whether the guy is a reasonable person as opposed to a complete little twat, but it does explain why developers seem to "not care".

I would be more concerned with the question of whether developers are grateful for the honest good-will you have provided when you purchased your own licenses.

Actually i wonder what it is with FM, that they continuosly show videos with artists using warez now. Either they don't watch their own videos (even when cutting them?), or they think this kind of controversy is good for their business. I suspect the latter, so basically FM is making money from showing this guy using warez, which is morally quite delicate too... either way: :shrug:

Idiot.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Woah, woah, woah aciddose!
Careful with that realistic assessment of piracy and commerce!
Im pretty sure we are supposed to be immediately and fully outraged by this.

I think that the 'ecosystem' has been as you describe for a while now. And I think some of the trickier devs have long since caught on and tried to play the game. Lennar, no doubt.

One 'fact' to consider;
Few devs have the kind of resources necessary to cause the kind of buzz that one single mention of their product by someone as 'famous for a month' as this kid is.
This kind of advertising is priceless. Almost, even with immediate sales aside.
I mean, Hits were made with Sylenth, obviously!

What bugs me personally with these stories is what happens right after...
So, a kid, gets caught using warez. Big deal.
But the lack of negative 'press' that follows is a real pisser.
The kid should have to apologize, empty or not. He should have to say "Im sorry, Ive bought it. I will never do that again." yadda yadda.
But it seems like every one of these stories causes less and less of a reaction. No one can even be bothered to pretend that they shouldnt use warez...
ImageImageImageImage

Looks like people who actually support developers never become rich and famous... :lol: Ok, I know that generally it's not like that, because often developers proudly announce that some popular artist bought their product, but seriously, it seems that a lot of professional producers doesn't care about developer support, which is sad.
Peace and tolerance

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”