Another FM video with cracked Sylenth. ...and Martin Garrix.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bow to bit-botherers!
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Urs wrote: As long as enough people click that black spot, we can be sure that our protection method works. It opens our website in their default browser with a special URL. We know which product stopped working and why. We can furthermore track the visitor from landing page to shop and thus we can track the conversion rate.
What more proof do we need?
:roll: Hm, but with such intrusive methods you risk to loose a lot of potential customers! NCH Software - an Australian software company - also uses those highly annoying ("tracking") methods. For experienced reverse engineers that's so easy to disable such functions. Tone2, a German software developer had the most intrusive copy protection a while ago, most people disliked them so much to force them to change it. In an unexpected and positive way cracks may help to break up the dogged behavior of some developers. In the end they're loosing so much time, money and customers with implementing complicated protections.

Kjaerhus Audio had also adopted very strict demo-limitations which bothered honest and interested people. After their Plug-Ins had all been cracked they lost the battle, but not because of the cracks much more because of their own wrong attitudes.

How is that intrusive? I track everyone who visits my website. I can see exactly what people do, all sorts of information. This is standard for every website on the planet.

It is needed to show different things like:
- how many files were downloaded?
- which ones were they?
- where did visitors come from?
- which search terms were used to find the site?
- which pages have broken links? (404)
- did errors occur?

etc.

That isn't intrusive at all.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

I think it's a new marketing method,
when showing videos of someone who got a bit of attention uses a cracked version of xyz.
It proves that he uses it, and moreover there's the 'scandal' factor , cause he used cracked/warez.

Delfinoverde wrote:
Urs wrote:[ I agree that no copy protection is perfect. We're sure that one day someone will come and find a way to crack our latest without triggering any suspicion on the time bombs…
You seem to underestimate the knowledge & power of some reverse engineers out there! :hihi: You can study some of their clips even on YouTube. Be sure, if one of those extraordinary skilled men decides to crack your stuff you can't do nothing against it except implementing new protections in the next builds.

One thing that might save you from direct attacks is: You're a small developer. So they might feel sorry for you and let you go. It's like in nature: the big sharks come when they detect a big prey!
Crackers bare close resemblance to the spaghetti monster.

Delfinoverde wrote:Hm, but with such intrusive methods you risk to loose a lot of potential customers!
Look, you don't even understand a simple thing I said (open default browser with url, then tracking customer from landing page to shop checkout). If you call that intrusive then no wonder those crackateers can make you believe into their oh so unspeakable powers. Same as spaghetti monster. Simple as :scared:

Delfinoverde wrote:You seem to underestimate the knowledge & power of some reverse engineers out there! :hihi: You can study some of their clips even on YouTube. Be sure, if one of those extraordinary skilled men decides to crack your stuff you can't do nothing against it except implementing new protections in the next builds.
Jesus. Do you realize the sort of impression you're giving here? You might be advised to scooch back a notch, this is a real anti-crack sort of joint here.

jancivil wrote:Jesus, you sure have your lips surrounding the dicks of the cracker boys, don't you. Do you realize the sort of impression you're giving here? You might be advised to scooch back a notch, this is a real anti-crack sort of joint here.
No worries, that world is based on similar methods as the believe in the "new world order". The prophets thrive on fear mongering, the sheep weep, while the sceptics ROTFL. The agenda of the swimming green mammal is to turn us from sceptics into sheep. #fail

One can of course claim that we're doing the very same thing. But then, last time I posted a screenshot of Google Analytics to prove my claim, the outcry of the lost souls was so big, the thread was closed in no time. It's too much for them to bear, just like it's impossible for them to cough up any evidence for their new world order - or spaghetti monster fwiw.

And here is the solution (I needed another coffee first):

If only the most powerful and knowledgable reverse engineers will be able to crack the software of an unimportant and small developer like myself, then I'll hereby proclaim victory.

Urs wrote:it's impossible for them to cough up any evidence for their new world order - or spaghetti monster fwiw.
But the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real! I have been touched by his noodly appendage. :lol:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Delfinoverde wrote: One thing that might save you from direct attacks is: You're a small developer. So they might feel sorry for you and let you go.

Yes, thats why you find cracked versions of cheap SE synths, and even free stuff re-bundled by warez teams :lol:

Delfinoverde wrote: Tone2, a German software developer had the most intrusive copy protection a while ago, most people disliked them so much to force them to change it.

...but did they....

deastman wrote:
Urs wrote:it's impossible for them to cough up any evidence for their new world order - or spaghetti monster fwiw.
But the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real! I have been touched by his noodly appendage. :lol:

Nonsense! Utter drivel!

The Pudding Monster, however, is another story. Beware, lest it smother you with its chocolate goo.

I've known a great deal of producers that had enough notoriety in their craft that they should have easily been able to take the money they were making from shows and labels and buy the software.

But they often didn't because they were huge ignorant pricks who were simply good at doing a very specific thing (making music). Never underestimate how much of an incredible douchey asshole a talented person can be. I've known enough of these fuckwits that really it's not hard to pick the determining characteristics of one. They understand nothing about the sacrifice that devs put into their work precisely because they couldn't give less of a shit.
Last edited by rifftrax on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

Kriminal wrote:
Delfinoverde wrote: Tone2, a German software developer had the most intrusive copy protection a while ago, most people disliked them so much to force them to change it.

...but did they....
I didn't know that those few people who did and still are bashing Tone2 are "most people". AFAIK their products are selling nicely and the customers are happy with their products. Personally i got all their synths and never noticed any probem related to the copy protection.

Concerning the watermarking discussion i know some details about that (which i am not allowed to tell) and you couöd be sure this will in no way affect renderd audio.
Opposing to what some people failed to prove yet (like that watermarking too..) the plugins are not "calling home". They work perfectly without any internet connection.
The detection of cracked keyfiles is included within the installers and those will be disabled/deinstalled.

In one thread some stated Tone2 software is installing a trojan horse, without any proof...

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”