A rant about orphan works.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:The OP has the right to rant about this subject just as anybody else ranting about something else.

I think however it is quite far fetched playing the "somebody got it worse, how dare you complain" card in this case.
And people have the right to complain about his apparent feeling of self-entitlement. No-one's said the OP can't rant about what he's going to rant about. But the idea that "we can't have nice things" just because of the orphan-work issue is simply bizarre. And looking at the OP's Facebook-page petitions makes me think the underlying issue has naff all to do with orphan works in the first place, which is why I want to see an actual example of a high-priced orphan work on CD.

Just remember that we all need to have a rant sometime about whatever subject, and then we need to get some more understanding and weighted feedback than "go f**k yourself, you selfish b**tard" reply

The OP even says that in the title thread that it is a rant, in other word letting out steam

Gamma-UT wrote:which is why I want to see an actual example of a high-priced orphan work on CD.
Welcome to the club did you see my post about exactly the same?

I have said nothing about supporing the OP, but I have said that he have a right to put up this subject for discussion as much as anybody else

Numanoid wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:which is why I want to see an actual example of a high-priced orphan work on CD.
Welcome to the club did you see my post about exactly the same?

I have said nothing about supporing the OP, but I have said that he have a right to put up this subject for discussion as much as anybody else
EDIT: missed earlier post among the pointless argument about supposed censorship.
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:Just remember that we all need to have a rant sometime about whatever subject, and then we need to get some more understanding and weighted feedback than "go f**k yourself, you selfish b**tard" reply
"mummy mummy I want some sweeties, give me some sweeties, I should have some sweeties, get me some sweeties mummy, mummy, mummy, sweeties, sweeties, i want them, give me the f**king sweeties NOW"
"aw diddums, you enjoy your perfectly resonable rant while I look for posts about samplers in the instruments forum to complain about"
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Numanoid wrote: The OP has the right to rant about this subject just as anybody else ranting about something else.

I think however it is quite far fetched playing the "somebody got it worse, how dare you complain" card in this case.
i gave my opinion, what has that got to do with you?

whyterabbyt wrote: Hmm, what a f**ked up little world you must live in.
As long as I'm not living in your world I'm perfectly happy, howeer f**cked up it might be

I just know the type of user who instead of trying to apply some guidance or help to a user, feels much more at ease trying to wind that user up even more, it's like: Oh look the title thread says rant, lets go in and bait that OP into a frenzy :(

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”