He's baaaaack...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Prodyon has been here and gone several times now. I'm one of their "plugins for life" subscribers, and, frankly, even when they folded for the last time, I thought that I at least got some good value for my money.

This morning, I wake up to this email:

Dear customer,

this electronic mail is to inform you, that Prodyon is now Dreizehnwatt Music & Software (spoken "thirteen watt")!

From now on i will combine musical works and releases as well as soundware and plugins on one new page:
http://www.dreizehnwatt.de

To celebrate this and to thank you for being a customer that has supported me in the past, i´ve prepared something:

[pic deleted]

That´s right - the Vocal Harmony VST plugin "Enchoir" is back - and better than ever!
Enchoir XT features a complete engine-rewrite, 48 bands of pristine vocoding quality, easy-to-use harmony hold and phrase recording.

Interested?
Download the free Enchoir XT Demoversion (PDF Manual is included):
[link deleted]
Also be sure to check out this unofficial audio-demo:
[link deleted]
Enchoir XT will be released on the 7th of February 2014 and will retail for $39.99 USD.
To thank you for all your support, you are entitled to get Enchoir XT for a very special price, that won´t come back soon:

Get Enchoir XT today for only $14 USD

Ready for some vocal action? Grab your fresh copy via PayPal(TM) here with one click:
[link deleted]
NOTE: All orders are processed manually. You will receive your download link usually within 1-2 hours.
If you don´t receive your download within 24 hours, please check your spam/bulk filter settings and
contact us at contact@dreizehnwatt.de. Thank you.

This offer ends on the 6th of February, 2014, 23:59:59 GMT.

Finally, i want to thank you again for all your support in the past.
Say hello and a warm welcome to Dreizehnwatt Music & Software!

Thank you,
All the best,
Dennis

Now, while I think he's a talented dev., thanking me for my support while restarting your company under a different name to avoid past obligations is a bit much. Offering a low introductory price to same people you previously stiffed takes a lot of chutzpah.

As always, I wish him well with his new venture, but I cannot be counted on for any future 'support.'

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:As always, I wish him well with his new venture, but I cannot be counted on for any future 'support.'
+1 same here, I also got the offer.

It's a little weird message he sent, but when the prodigal son returns, one should welcome him, it's biblical I guess :D

Hopefully this means he will get back in the plugin game, and that freebies could be forthcoming for lifetime supporters ? (just trying to think positive)

Isn't it his 10th comeback within 5 years? :P

It's a bit sad that he dropped support for his plugins as I had some serious problems with a few of them but he didn't answer to my request... :(

Anyway, I wish him good luck, I still think that Phenome could be da bomb if it was developed further!

I think he eventually found the way to get rid of us the annoying PFL customers :hihi:

I usually kindly support small developers, but this doesn't swing well with me either.

I at least suspected a "former Prodyon customer" crossgrade, or an alternative "lifetime" program announcement. Maybe this will happen eventually. I give him the benefit of doubt, I did like his sounds after all. But this is definitely not offering good vibes on the long run.

I also checked the manual real quick - and I definitely do not(!) like the advertising in there. Furthermore, the plugins are still 32bit Windows only (remembering that the old plugins were created with SE).

I'm between chairs.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote: I also checked the manual real quick - and I definitely do not(!) like the advertising in there. Furthermore, the plugins are still 32bit Windows only (remembering that the old plugins were created with SE).
Seriously? I assumed that the new version would be x64. That would honestly be the only reason I would consider shelling out additional cash.

Too bad.

-B
Berfab

Did anyone get great sounds out of Enchoir (the old version). I bought it some time ago but I couldn't get something useful out of it, maybe I used it wrong? :?:

Tricky-Loops wrote:Did anyone get great sounds out of Enchoir (the old version). I bought it some time ago but I couldn't get something useful out of it, maybe I used it wrong? :?:
I did, but only a handful of times since I was in the process of switching over to x64 at the time it was released. Useful little plug.

Prodyon's best work (for me, at least) were the sample instruments. He gave his all to those, and it showed. Some very creative stuff there IMHO.

-B
Berfab

I don't think he'll come around here to promote his new products.
In the about page, it says the "new" company was founded in 2012. What gives?

By digging info on the domain name, I found it's registered to a person called Werner Kaltofen who owns another 250 demains. Fishy ...
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote:I don't think he'll come around here to promote his new products.
I wouldn't make that assumption. After all, he's already direct-marketed to his whole mailing list of abandoned customers. It certainly doesn't sound like he's shy.

-B
Berfab

Hm that ought to be a good business model: sell plugins with lifetime support and close down business every two years. :P

Not suggesting anything here, was just an idea that came up.

Gotta love the t-shirts and mugs ...

Another PFL customer here ;)

Tricky-Loops wrote:Did anyone get great sounds out of Enchoir (the old version). I bought it some time ago but I couldn't get something useful out of it, maybe I used it wrong? :?:
Got the same problem here, I thought it would double/fatten up sound, but didn't deliver as expected, maybe I need to spend more time with it?

Numanoid wrote:
Got the same problem here, I thought it would double/fatten up sound, but didn't deliver as expected, maybe I need to spend more time with it?
I used it as insert because I thought it was an audio effect, maybe that was wrong? Maybe I should use it like a vocoder with 2 tracks? :?:

I think I'll read the new manual, the old Enchoir should work similar to the new one...

Tricky-Loops wrote:I used it as insert because I thought it was an audio effect, maybe that was wrong? Maybe I should use it like a vocoder with 2 tracks? :?:

I think I'll read the new manual, the old Enchoir should work similar to the new one...
It's been awhile, but yes, I believe that's the case.
Berfab

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”